JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I Tried a different marinade from McCormick on some chicken breasts over the weekend and I was impressed!

Really a good, 'deep' flavor - not just 'on the surface' - however I typically marinade any meat overnight - or longer.

I substituted lemon juice for the recommended cider vinegar and added about a 1/4 cup of beer to thin it a bit and it worked out well.

I smoked the breasts with apple pellets and I will be using it again!

IMG_2251[1].JPG IMG_2248[1].JPG

IMG_2251[1].JPG IMG_2248[1].JPG

Can you brine then marinate or does the brine prohibit the meat from absorbing the marinade? Could you make a brine solution WITH the marinade? Off to Google I go

I've recently found the extra time/effort of brining to be absolutely with it (I have a chicken brining as we speak), so now I'm trying to expand my knowledge with it

Could you make a brine solution WITH the marinade?
Yes - the directions on the back outline the ingredients to make it a liquid marinade.

You can use these packets as a dry rub and I do both and lately have been on a liquid brine/marinade 'kick'!

Going to do a a 'Brown sugar bourbon' pork loin this weekend.

One can do a lot of experimenting but as a 'base' these McCormick marinade packets are a pretty good starting point.

I add/change things when mixing them up as well.

This place has really good rubs. The holy cow and gospel are two good ones.

Nice...I'm looking into getting a Trager smoker
I think they are a fine device but do your homework and make sure you want one.

Like I've mentioned before with a little experimentation & 'juggling' you can get Trager like results with a typical grill.

Most complaints I have heard about Traegers is breakdowns & mechanical problems.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews