JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've had my last Traeger. Went to a Yoder YS640 pellet smoker. You could say a Traeger on steroids. Beefier in every aspect. Just love. I've cooked on a Traeger for years, too many problems. the Yoder can get to 600F and actually sear steaks. Anyway, love the Yoder (and made in the USA). A Green Mountain would be my 2nd choice.

I have always grilled/barbecued on a Weber Natural gas grill. I had some brisket last year that my Neighbor did on his Traeger, I had never had anything cooked on a pellet grill and it was delicious.
Ever since then I have wanted to get a Pellet Grill/Smoker.
My mind automatically went to Traeger but after research and looking at them it seems the build quality is lacking.

I have had a Traeger for about 7 years and would strongly recommend you find a DIFFERENT brand. It has never been exposed to the elements but the finish started peeling back and rusting after the first year. I was also upset when I discovered that they are made overseas. Why did I pay so much for an import? I will give it credit in the function category but would not reccomend to a friend.

MAK BROTHERS from Mt. Angel / Dallas, OR 10X what the new Chinese built Traeger is

Sawtooth grills are made in Idaho. And there about $900-1,350 depending on size. There electronics are top of the line. That's key. And steel thickness. And hopper size.
MAK look great. But that's way to expensive

Well F*******k. Just got my camp chef from the FedEx guy....damaged...little ding wouldnt bug my but the seam is popped and I can see light through it...now I get to see how good camp chefs warranty is before I even get to put my grill together. Youd think for how much this damn thing cost they would package the hell out of it.
20190516_121519.jpg
20190516_121531.jpg
20190516_121550.jpg

Well camp chef got back to me after a couple hours. Threw some options on the table for me. They called it cosmetic damage( I told them after that I could see light through it) but regardless they said they'd make it right. If I was willing to keep it and try to fix it myself with a rubber mallet and high temp caulking they would give me like $150 credit towards accessories and what not, refund me $175 or I could just have a whole new unit sent and they would have fedex pick that one back up. After talking to my wife we decided to take the $175 refund and will pound that damage back out and try to seal it up. I figure after hopefully years of use itll look less than perfect anyways. It just worried me that it wouldnt hold heat and smoke as well.

I finally bought my Pellet Grill today. It's the Pit Boss Tailgater.

This thing is built like a tank, it is the Ruger of Pellet Grills!

If you go look at and feel the comparable Traeger model the Traeger is very flimsy and
much smaller.

I have not used it yet but I will keep everyone updated.

63096667-57A6-4FB4-89FF-1BFF10CA5D02.jpeg

4D78946F-3766-41A8-96D2-795F182DC13E.jpeg
C28DFD1D-C30C-4820-B5A4-3F2537007FA8.jpeg

Last Edited:
I finally got a day off and did my first cook on the Pit Boss today. I did a small Brisket and some baby back ribs.

The Brisket was a 2lbs flat that was bought around ST Patrick's and had in the freezer. It was ok but a bit tough.

The ribs were awesome and probably the best ribs I have had in my life!

86A209DE-2210-42DC-BEED-5CC0FB1963E5.jpeg

AE8762BB-2420-4D5D-99AD-F1429BA6EFF7.jpeg

33BF5A28-21A9-4FE1-897F-9AF1AA8E4CAB.jpeg

B578CA0D-1EA5-44D4-AECB-9708876E8A48.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews