JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Poly80 glock style frames are legal to sell without ffl because they are considered 80% or less complete. If I was too mill out an area that is already considered complete on the poly80 frame could I still resell the poly80 frame as an 80% frame with no ffl?

Edit: to clarify the area I would be milling out does not need to be worked on under the normal application of Gen 3 components. The milling would be done to make the poly80 frame compatible with Gen 4 slides using Gen 3 recoil spring assy and adapter. The milling would not touch any of the 20% incomplete areas of the poly80 frame.

Last Edited:
I would say that's a no-go pertaining to your question. Any further material removal from an 80% receiver in any way, shape, or form would make it a >80% thus crossing the threshold the ATF considers not a viable firearm receiver.

Your best bet would be to submit your detailed question to the BATFE technology branch to make an official determination so that you at least have it on paper (should they tell you what you want to hear), and then should some field agent come crawling up your backside in the future you'll have a viable defense.

;)

I would say that's a no-go pertaining to your question. Any further material removal from an 80% receiver in any way, shape, or form would make it a >80% thus crossing the threshold the ATF considers not a viable firearm receiver.

Your best bet would be to submit your detailed question to the BATFE technology branch to make an official determination so that you at least have it on paper (should they tell you what you want to hear), and then should some field agent come crawling up your backside in the future you'll have a viable defense.

;)
That sounds like a good idea. Thanks.

Personally, I would want a letter from the Field Office, on BATFE stationary, that you could keep handy. It would need to be very specific about what you are doing.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top