JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I called them several months ago and asked about their Mark IV take offs and they said "No" Give them a call Im interested to find out what they tell you?? I want one too!!!

My error. I have the earlier model that requires three hands and a lunar eclipse to re-assemble.
Oh yeah. I've got one of those as well. I have to watch the video on YouTube to reassemble it. Every. Time. When I got the Mark IV, my first thought was: "This is how it ought to be!"

My error. I have the earlier model that requires three hands and a lunar eclipse to re-assemble.
My MKIII was like that. Only gun I have ever owned that I had to get the damn manual out ever time I took it apart. Bricked it one time so bad I thought I would have to send it back. Ordered a MKIV and when I got it called about sending it back. Nice gal at Ruger walked me through fixing it. Year or two later it happened again. I do NOT miss that PITA pistol.

My MKIII was like that. Only gun I have ever owned that I had to get the damn manual out ever time I took it apart. Bricked it one time so bad I thought I would have to send it back. Ordered a MKIV and when I got it called about sending it back. Nice gal at Ruger walked me through fixing it. Year or two later it happened again. I do NOT miss that PITA pistol.
LOL. I've still got my MKIII. But, if I sold it, I'm pretty sure I would NOT end up venting on one of those "Guns you regret selling" threads. Since I got the Mark IV, the MKIII rarely ventures out of the safe. I think he's too embarrassed.

LOL. I've still got my MKIII. But, if I sold it, I'm pretty sure I would NOT end up venting on one of those "Guns you regret selling" threads. Since I got the Mark IV, the MKIII rarely ventures out of the safe. I think he's too embarrassed.
I have sold a lot of guns over the years I regret. That damn MKIII will NEVER be a regret. I kept it longer than I would have only because Wife surprised me with it one Christmas. I had wanted a MK LITE. We were in another panic and no one had them. It was the first time she tried buying a gun by ordering it. I loved the pistol just HATED the damn design to take it down. Whoever came up with the MKIV I hope he made BIG bank. He deserves to have for that idea.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Ruger MKIII easy internal cleaning method... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
1- remove grips (don't want to damage them)
2- immerse entire gun in bucket of Hopps
3- place bucket on vibrating brass cleaner for 5 minutes
4- blow out with compressed air and hang to dry
5- wipe it down with an oily rag
6- replace the grips
7- repeat every 5 or 6 years, ( Lets face it, you only complain about fully dis-assembling and cleaning it to make folks think that you do it)

You can clean the barrel as normal and whatever can be reached with a small paint brush whenever you want...it's not like those inside parts can even be seem. (Really... it's kinda like washing the floor under the dishwasher. :s0092:)

Or, get one of these kits

Last Edited:
I can not for the life of me understand why people have such a hard time with MK re-assembly. I'd call names, but I really am not trying to pick a fight.
I just never saw the problem.

Joe

I think its because I only take it apart every five years. My gunsmith friend flips it around upside down and all around and has it back together in 15 seconds. He makes a living putting them back together when people like me get pissed off and cant figure it how to do and cant find a hammer.

I can not for the life of me understand why people have such a hard time with MK re-assembly. I'd call names, but I really am not trying to pick a fight.
I just never saw the problem.

Joe
I don't understand it either! I'm not overly mechanically inclined, but after installing a Tandemkross hammer bushing, I was able to assemble and disassemble my MK III fairly easily. A few months later, when I needed to clean it after some shooting, I was reduced to watching the "How to" video again.
:s0107::s0107::s0107::s0092:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top