JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thank you all for the excellent suggestions, good insights and encouragement. I'm landing on a 22/45, either a "Lite" or a "Tactical" - as both have a threaded barrel. I am thinking having the option for a suppressor in the future may be a good thing. That's a whole new journey unto itself, of course.

I am grateful for all your thoughts and posts!
You're welcome and welcome aboard! Maybe you can post a range report and later, if you add a suppressor, let us know how that goes.

You're welcome and welcome aboard! Maybe you can post a range report and later, if you add a suppressor, let us know how that goes.
Will do! It may be a little bit, I want to test the Mark IV at my LGS/range first - and hopefully they can rent me a suppressor as well to try that. Then - off to buy a 22, and apply for the suppressor stamp process! I'll be delighted to report on progress.

Will do! It may be a little bit, I want to test the Mark IV at my LGS/range first - and hopefully they can rent me a suppressor as well to try that. Then - off to buy a 22, and apply for the suppressor stamp process! I'll be delighted to report on progress.
I think you'll be very happy with that Ruger. Check out this area for suppressor info:

Given the cost and the wide number of options, you're going to benefit greatly from the fact that you like to research before you buy.

Thank you all for the excellent suggestions, good insights and encouragement. I'm landing on a 22/45, either a "Lite" or a "Tactical" - as both have a threaded barrel. I am thinking having the option for a suppressor in the future may be a good thing. That's a whole new journey unto itself, of course.

It will be real hard to go wrong with the Lite. I had an early MKIII when this hit and LOVED the pistol just hated the design of the III. Ordered one in MKIV and have loved it enough that it goes with me every range trip. If you order one make sure they know you want the threaded option as it comes both with and without. Always better to get the one ready to go for a can just in case someone decides later to get one. You should enjoy it a LOT.:D

Don't give up on that suppressor journey. It is worth it. 22lr is incredibly enjoyable to suppress.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top