JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I called them several months ago and asked about their Mark IV take offs and they said "No" Give them a call Im interested to find out what they tell you?? I want one too!!!

My error. I have the earlier model that requires three hands and a lunar eclipse to re-assemble.
Oh yeah. I've got one of those as well. I have to watch the video on YouTube to reassemble it. Every. Time. When I got the Mark IV, my first thought was: "This is how it ought to be!"

My error. I have the earlier model that requires three hands and a lunar eclipse to re-assemble.
My MKIII was like that. Only gun I have ever owned that I had to get the damn manual out ever time I took it apart. Bricked it one time so bad I thought I would have to send it back. Ordered a MKIV and when I got it called about sending it back. Nice gal at Ruger walked me through fixing it. Year or two later it happened again. I do NOT miss that PITA pistol.

My MKIII was like that. Only gun I have ever owned that I had to get the damn manual out ever time I took it apart. Bricked it one time so bad I thought I would have to send it back. Ordered a MKIV and when I got it called about sending it back. Nice gal at Ruger walked me through fixing it. Year or two later it happened again. I do NOT miss that PITA pistol.
LOL. I've still got my MKIII. But, if I sold it, I'm pretty sure I would NOT end up venting on one of those "Guns you regret selling" threads. Since I got the Mark IV, the MKIII rarely ventures out of the safe. I think he's too embarrassed.

LOL. I've still got my MKIII. But, if I sold it, I'm pretty sure I would NOT end up venting on one of those "Guns you regret selling" threads. Since I got the Mark IV, the MKIII rarely ventures out of the safe. I think he's too embarrassed.
I have sold a lot of guns over the years I regret. That damn MKIII will NEVER be a regret. I kept it longer than I would have only because Wife surprised me with it one Christmas. I had wanted a MK LITE. We were in another panic and no one had them. It was the first time she tried buying a gun by ordering it. I loved the pistol just HATED the damn design to take it down. Whoever came up with the MKIV I hope he made BIG bank. He deserves to have for that idea.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Ruger MKIII easy internal cleaning method... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
1- remove grips (don't want to damage them)
2- immerse entire gun in bucket of Hopps
3- place bucket on vibrating brass cleaner for 5 minutes
4- blow out with compressed air and hang to dry
5- wipe it down with an oily rag
6- replace the grips
7- repeat every 5 or 6 years, ( Lets face it, you only complain about fully dis-assembling and cleaning it to make folks think that you do it)

You can clean the barrel as normal and whatever can be reached with a small paint brush whenever you want...it's not like those inside parts can even be seem. (Really... it's kinda like washing the floor under the dishwasher. :s0092:)

Or, get one of these kits

Last Edited:
I can not for the life of me understand why people have such a hard time with MK re-assembly. I'd call names, but I really am not trying to pick a fight.
I just never saw the problem.

Joe

I think its because I only take it apart every five years. My gunsmith friend flips it around upside down and all around and has it back together in 15 seconds. He makes a living putting them back together when people like me get pissed off and cant figure it how to do and cant find a hammer.

I can not for the life of me understand why people have such a hard time with MK re-assembly. I'd call names, but I really am not trying to pick a fight.
I just never saw the problem.

Joe
I don't understand it either! I'm not overly mechanically inclined, but after installing a Tandemkross hammer bushing, I was able to assemble and disassemble my MK III fairly easily. A few months later, when I needed to clean it after some shooting, I was reduced to watching the "How to" video again.
:s0107::s0107::s0107::s0092:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top