JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
:)My favorites were Cheyenne and the Rifleman.
Best new movie, Quigly down under

When I was a kid, my Dad had built me a decent playhouse with door, glass windows and all. I had a toy Model 94 Winchester type rifle. Me and a couple of kids were playing the usual cowboys and Indians in the back yard. I got cornered in the playhouse and needed to fight my way out. So I took the butt of the rifle and smashed out the window and started shooting at them.

Needless to say, my old man beat my a**, despite my protestations that was what the Rifleman did, so why not me ?? That was probably 52 years ago, and I still remember it well.

Hard to beat a movie starring an 1874 Sharps Buffalo Rifle!

Yeah...
I have always been partial to those. Kind of why I still use a farquarsen falling block for my primary elk rifle.
Have always wanted a long barreled sharps in 45/110 or 120.
budget just never cooperated.
The one he used in the movie was a 50.
my little #3 in 45/70 does well with a 500 Hornady RN and near 458 load on elk.
I dont like chasing them into deep canyons and it generally drops them where hit. A good single shot forces ya to place your shot well.
Its the perfect west side rifle.

When I was a kid there was a TV show: Sky King; It was not that ecxiting but it taught me lessons about honesty,honor and integerty.
50 years on that stupid TV show, the shows like it, Roy Rodgers, all them shmokes, them suckers, like The Cisko Kid,being kind to lesser folks and beating down the big wheels. I guess it took more than most men have

Watched that show every day I could. I was exposed to aviation at a young age by my father, who worked in aerospace and was a private pilot. That was the coolest show in the world to a young boy. I got to ride in a Cessna 310 when I was about 13 years old. One of the best days of a young boys life at the time.

Sky King - BulletBait - YouTube

F troop, McHale's Navy,Combat, Rat Patrol, I Spy, Mission impossible, The Man From U.N.C.L.E., Branded was good. Twilight Zone, The Invaders, wagon Train, Petticoat Junction
Daniel Boone, Paladin, Wild Wild West . 20 mule team Borax presents

Some of my faves,

Brutus out

F troop, McHale's Navy,Combat, Rat Patrol, I Spy, Mission impossible, The Man From U.N.C.L.E., Branded was good. Twilight Zone, The Invaders, wagon Train, Petticoat Junction
Daniel Boone, Paladin, Wild Wild West . 20 mule team Borax presents

Some of my faves,

Brutus out

And going back farther....
Mr Moon...... came out did his cartoons and at the end, forgot to turn off the camera and stated "that ought to appease the little bas....ds" and was never heard from again :D

There are some recent shows that I would say have had a lot to offer. I'm very partial to "Jericho". I like that "Top Shot" has helped humanize shooting for some fence sitters and antis, and has even won a few people over. "Blue Bloods" is my favorite TV drama, and manages to be about family, ethics, perspective, and duty vs questioning the status quo. The show about the Air Force PJs is an awesome dose of perspective-- including bits that didn't paint a rosey picture of the higher ups (PJs being denied when they wanted to go pick up a kid who got hurt, for example).

Sadly, getting to the good stuff requires a lot of digging.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews