JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So about 3 week so ago I was on fire for an M4a1 14.5 pinned and welded ar15. I was looking at the colt and the fn. for some reason I just felt like I wanted the fn more. Now the colts have all but evaporated and I and crying myself to sleep at night. I've read here and there that the fns have better barrels and are held to better standards. Can anyone confirm this? What do you guys think?

84531D24-59E2-4542-9A76-D9618C4D9A5B.jpeg

The are selling for 2500 on gun broker right now but the price is definitely over inflated. This whole bullbubblegum situation was completely manufactured by colt. I'm almost positive fn has higher standards for manufacturing their barrels.

Anyone one paying $2500-3000 for a $900 gun is a moron and will hate themselves in a year when Colt starts selling to the peasants again.

As to quality, they are the exact same firearm. Colt produced the TDP and provided it to FN, FN builds to Colt's TDP.

When you bought a modern Colt AR15 you were paying for the name. Quality was on par with the cheapest models offered by PSA from what I saw. Much better off going with BCM, SOLGW, Triarc, DD, etc.

When you bought a modern Colt AR15 you were paying for the name. Quality was on par with the cheapest models offered by PSA from what I saw. Much better off going with BCM, SOLGW, Triarc, DD, etc.

Is this a fact or speculation? How do you know this? What are your sources? I am not disputing you but can you back that statement with some facts. What do you know about what goes into the production of a colt 6920 vs. a PSA 6920 copy?

Don't get me wrong PSA is a great value but that is a bold statement without listing some credentials or citing some facts.

Last Edited:
When you bought a modern Colt AR15 you were paying for the name. Quality was on par with the cheapest models offered by PSA...

Not so much. IMO.

And I'm not a Colt fan boy by any means.

The newer Colts we have are more along the lines of the mid range to upper end PSA builds, of which we have a bunch. Compared with the inexpensive/low end PSA's we also have.

& I am a PSA fan boy.

I am a PSA fan boy.

I didn't used to be, my wife got one because she couldn't afford a higher end one and it's quality was so good now I've got the PSA fanboy bug myself. I have to admit because of the price before hand I was a bit of a snob and turned my nose up at them. Now I feel a bit silly for paying over a grand for my first AR.

Did you see they have a lower labeled M4A1? And it says property of US government etc. I thought that was interesting, now why would they possibly think that might become popular. :)

I have to admit I've become a junky for seeing what spam they send me in my email every day... The company is always coming out with creative stuff at amazing prices.

Also kotaboy32 does builds where he compares PSA and more expensive stuff on youtube. My list of accessories I wanna buy from PSA keeps growing.

Honestly I just get sick of seeing over produced crap. That's why I appreciate colt to some degree at least they have a way to make things seem valuable. Whether or not someone is an idiot for spending 3000$ on a colt which was actually retailing for around 1400$ not 900$ isn't the point. The fact of the matter is that is what it's selling for and that's capitalism at its finest. There's a craze going on here and I find it exciting. I don't see any other pos ar15 company's creating that kind of hype. I wish I had that dam colt right now but I'm still pretty dam happy with my fn. also by the way the fn isn't really the same with the tdp thing that colt has going on. Fn doesn't have the rights to sell tdp to the public.

Function over fancy, for us.

Different strokes for different folks I suppose. That's capitalism, not controlling & manipulating a market. IMO.

No sense having a fancy tool which performs the same function, reliably, as an inexpensive one.

Now, if said fancy tool performs better & reliably so, that has merit. Again IMO.

Ya I don't know I was watching more YouTube videos last night. It sounds like colt is going to be producing ar15s for the public again at some point. So maybe this is just a bunch of people wasting their money lol

Back in the day in my arms room, there were several manufacturers of M16's besides Colt in the racks. They all took a beating, they all shared the same parts, they all zeroed and they were all approved by Uncle Sam. But oooooh, you know, Colt.

Ya I don't know I was watching more YouTube videos last night. It sounds like colt is going to be producing ar15s for the public again at some point. So maybe this is just a bunch of people wasting their money lol

Maybe? Contrary to some really kick azz neckbeards, there are LOTS of good AR's besides Colt.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top