JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

This channel did a great review of the Florida McGlockton shoot as well.

I think he summarized quite well what a number of people said, bad shoot. Then he posited a great question; was it worth it?

A few folks defending the shooter take the angle of "perp was a thief and deserved what he got." Ok. Still murder. A murder that degrades the right of law abiding citizens even. Was it worth it?

Bad all around.

I think he summarized quite well what a number of people said, bad shoot. Then he posited a great question; was it worth it?

A few folks defending the shooter take the angle of "perp was a thief and deserved what he got." Ok. Still murder. A murder that degrades the right of law abiding citizens even. Was it worth it?

Bad all around.

In my opinion, unless you work for the .gov where material is sensitive to public safety or national security, its never worth it unless you or someone else is going to get hurt. The juice aint worth the squeeze.

But, until we know everything, we don't know if its technically "bad" yet. Maybe dumb, maybe not bad. I don't think this will go well for the shooter though.

Last Edited:

Bad all around.

The LoSD Oregon DVD is on sale for half price through Sunday LOSD | State DVD Deal

I really hate to see this. I can imagine the way the guy felt. Wifey working in retail grocery and day after day, dirt bags taking product and not giving a damn about what it does for the business. Only in this case, with a store owner, he sees it as money coming directly from his pocket, every day maybe. It's not the store being robbed, he sees it as himself personally being robbed.

The charge is proper.

I really hate to see this. I can imagine the way the guy felt. Wifey working in retail grocery and day after day, dirt bags taking product and not giving a damn about what it does for the business. Only in this case, with a store owner, he sees it as money coming directly from his pocket, every day maybe. It's not the store being robbed, he sees it as himself personally being robbed.

The charge is proper.

Yes, I imagine he was PIZZED. But when you are armed, you can't let it get to you!!! Now his family and his business will have to be without him. All because he lost it on an azzhat. :(

DID you watch the video? Looked as bad of shoot as I have seen. It wasn't a robbery guy did not use a weapon he was attempting to shoplift a Hatchet. He was shot while turning away from the guy who was trying to restrain him. I saw no treat to the shooter.

I couldn't tell from the video whether the hatchet was inside a case or plastic enclosure of some point. The store owner was not legally allowed to use deadly force to protect property, even if the thief was stealing a million dollar gold toilet. Based on the short video I saw the thief was trying to get away from the store owner and was not approaching him with the hatchet. The store owner actually starts trying to pull the thief closer to him. When he uses deadly force to catch the thief he crosses the line, unless he can convince a jury that he reasonably thought the thief was going to hit him with the hatchet.

Gecko45 woulda just let it slide.

If memory serves though, it seems there was a spell around here where innocents were hatcheted or hammered by scumbags in the hardware isles of Freddy's and Walmart not too long ago.
crazy happens

Florida official indicted on murder charge after state rejects 'stand your ground' claim

Surveillance footage shows Lakeland commissioner shooting alleged shoplifter

So, I get why this is not a good shooting, but dude comes in, robs your business. You confront him, he has a weapon, and you shoot. Although there is no mention in the article, it is almost certain this is not Lopez's first crime. I think a good DA lets this slide. I hope he gets off.
Words mean things and if you are going to say the dead theif "robbed" that place, then I belive you are wrong. Robbery is "The taking of money or goods in the possession of another, from his or her person or immediate presence, by force or intimidation" and that did not happen and was not happening when the commissioner/jury/executioner went all tactical during a petty theft.

Words mean things and if you are going to say the dead theif "robbed" that place, then I belive you are wrong. Robbery is "The taking of money or goods in the possession of another, from his or her person or immediate presence, by force or intimidation" and that did not happen and was not happening when the commissioner/jury/executioner went all tactical during a petty theft.

Yep, sadly you can not just shoot people who are trying to shoplift. Same with people who see someone breaking into their vehicle. It's hard to allow it but if you go out and shoot one better hope they were coming at you with a weapon and you can prove it. I VERY much doubt this shop owner still feels it was worth it. Even if he beats this you know family will be waiting with bottom feeders to sue.

Florida official indicted on murder charge after state rejects 'stand your ground' claim

Surveillance footage shows Lakeland commissioner shooting alleged shoplifter

So, I get why this is not a good shooting, but dude comes in, robs your business. You confront him, he has a weapon, and you shoot. Although there is no mention in the article, it is almost certain this is not Lopez's first crime. I think a good DA lets this slide. I hope he gets off.

It's ok to murder some lowlife because they have a weapon in their hand? Even tho they are not threatening you or anyone else with it? Then you would be ok with cops shooting you or a friend/relative without warning merely because there was a weapon in hand but pointed in a safe direction? You're ok with cops, city officials, or armed citizens killing all thieves in the city? Or in their businesses?

The actions of this entitled hothead make all armed citizens look bad, and increase the case for removal of 2A rights... a GOOD DA prosecutes such irresponsible and impulsive behavior... I hope he fries as a lesson to all carry holders to resist temptation.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top