JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Okay folks, I made fun of a friend of mine the other day because he was wearing flip flops while mowing the lawn. The practice seemed a little unsafe to me. My friend has his CHL and I warned him that I would give him a lot of bubblegum if I ever saw him wearing flops while he was packing. The two practices are mutually exclusive to me--I cannot think of a single valid reason to wear flops if you are attempting to go around "prepared."

Please tell me I am not alone in my reasoning.

No you are not alone. Wearing flip flops, other than maybe as temporary foot protection in the house is stupid. They are dangerous and people have been seriously injured from falls due to the foot continuing to move and the flip flop getting stuck in place. You are probably safer going bare foot.

I call them "slippers", as does anyone that has lived in the Hawaiian/pacific islands.
People have been wearing them for a very long time. Go barefoot over difficult ground for a few months and you'll see that they protect the sole of the foot very well.

In the Strategies, Tactic and Training forum? Seems me its Off Topic more then anything.

Personally I could care less what others wear on their feet. It makes absolutely no difference to me. I do care bout personal freedom and that includes people mowing their lawn in whatever footwear they choose. And for the record, I don't wear or own a single pair of flip-flops.

Okay folks, I made fun of a friend of mine the other day because he was wearing flip flops while mowing the lawn. The practice seemed a little unsafe to me. My friend has his CHL and I warned him that I would give him a lot of bubblegum if I ever saw him wearing flops while he was packing. The two practices are mutually exclusive to me--I cannot think of a single valid reason to wear flops if you are attempting to go around "prepared."

Please tell me I am not alone in my reasoning.

3cv3.png

The Mall Ninja says: "Flip Flops aren't tacticool"

Any self respecting CHL'er wearing flip-flops could/would/should easily ditch them as the need arises.

But the question is, do they have gear (boots, shoes and socks) in their vehicle? How far from the house are they?
Was it massive sock laundry day, or perhaps the end of a 13 hour work day (my case)?

Look, maybe you carry because you think the end of the world can happen at any given moment. I suppose it can...but I carry because there are a metric ton of idiots out there and I'd like to be safer. That need can arise in flip-flops, or a bathrobe, or floating down the sandy river in an inner tube (yes, I've carried doing that too).

Be as prepared as you want to be, but relax..everyone has their own level of preparedness. I imagine you've been known to wear shorts and a t-shirt. By your logic, I should advise you against that because you never know when you're going to need pants and long sleeves...therefore, never wear shorts and a t-shirt? If someone wants to carry in flip-flops, life will still get on just fine...

You would be surprised at what I can do in my "flip flops" as u call them. I call them slippers!

I like to be relaxed and not all ampt up like James Yeager, wearing my combat boots to bed.

Bout the only thing I dont do in them is run my stick welder or the oxy/act cutter.

Wow - mall ninja fashion police. I guess it should have been expected since we're now supposed to be more accepting of "alternative lifestyles". Some days, I really do miss don't ask, don't tell.

"Wrong day to wear flip-flops in the kitchen!"--Guy Fieri, after getting some hot goo dropped on his foot filming an ep of Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives

Someone wants to wear 'em that's their business, but me I don't like hot brass hitting my feet any more than I like hot pasta-sauce hitting 'em. LOL

I don't have them on my iPad and wouldn't post them without his family's permission, but a buddy of mine shared a couple of photos from his last tour in Afghanistan where he was out practicing with his M4 with gear, cargo shorts, and flip flops.

I wear flip flops a lot in the summer, and I carry all the time. I keep a change of clothes and footwear in my trunk. Naturally, any activity that puts me farther than a 15 minute walk to my car also means I'm not wearing flip flops. That's just logistics. Most people aren't hiking cross country in them, after all.

I do want to say that flip flops with socks = no. If you need socks, it's not flip flop weather.

Then again, I'm not a Navy SEAL or CAG. There are certainly more tactical people than me around.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top