JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I personally don't think this is true BUT with BING on Oregon traffic laws I had to go to the 5th page before someone finally listed the statues instead of an OUTLINE!

Many anti-gun states have restrictions like this; however it's a question brought up as a diversion to change the subject by a "Critical-Thinker" who never wants to hear the story BUT wants to insist HE IS RIGHT just on his new point. I found "Critical-Thinkers" just want to control every conversation and never really discuss issues... this is an ego-trip for them in their strange little world.

BACK TO THE QUESTION:

Someone told me WA and OR CHP's only allow 1 concealed Handgun carried at a time....really?? Perhaps??

I believe this likely is not specified within either state's statues; I'll look but it's a question that should be answered for us with several guns.

Please list the STATUES supporting or opposing this idea: NOT WHAT YOU THINK/GUESS IT SHOULD BE!

Thanks

complete utter B/S

hows it worded yes more than one

Concealed Weapons Frequently http://www.atg.wa.gov/ConcealedWeapons/FAQ.aspx

3iKGaLw.jpg

Google ORS 166.170 and read it through to the end.

There's no limitation on the amount of firearms or ammo you can carry, other than your physical capabilities that is.

The problem with most "critical thinkers" is that they THINK that they think and usually amounts to little more than mental masturbation, and the inability to regain the time lost from your life while engaging in any discourse with them.

In general, they should just stick to playing Dungeons & Dragons. :rolleyes:

I'm confident the OP can research the RCW's without assistance, so suffice to say the statutes, (not statues), do not restrict quantity of weapons carried in Washington State.

I sometimes carry my G-21 and a B/U Smith J-frame. Sometimes it's by accident (forgetting the J-frame is in a pocket) and others, it's deliberate.

After my own research and everyone else's: it is as I expected:

I believe this likely is not specified within either state's statues; this
really is a non-question....

THANKS FOR EVERYONE'S INPUT
:)

When a person makes an assertion, especially one that is not obvious or contradicts what you would expect, the onus is generally on them to provide evidence towards its proof.

So if someone made this assertion, let them provide the cite where it states this in the law. Otherwise ignore them. If they demand you prove their assertion false, respond that they have to prove it true.

E.G., I don't need to prove there is a God, a person who asserts there is must provide unambiguous evidence that there is a God, and not simply state that it is obvious.

Caveat, I am not saying there is or isn't a God, just using that as a VERY common example.

Conversely, I should not need to provide proof that 1+1=2 as it is common knowledge and has already been proven.

True "critical thinkers" understand these basics of "informal logic" (the art of debate).

Therefore, since I have read the relevant laws in both states a number of times, and I have not noticed such an exception or constraint, I feel safe in asserting there is no such constraint until such time as someone provides a cite of said constraint.

No restriction on how many handguns a person may carry concealed in the Oregon law. BUT keep in mind the Oregon Law is a Handgun License and does not cover any other type of weapons (and yes I know the way part of it is worded it would cover rifles or shotguns) No knives, clubs, Ninja stars, Dumb Chucks or anything else.

166.250 Unlawful possession of firearms.

166.260 Persons not affected by ORS 166.250.
(1) ORS 166.250 does not apply to or affect:

(h) A person who is licensed under ORS 166.291 and 166.292 to carry a concealed handgun.

How can you carry a concealed handgun illegally if you have a CHL? No matter how many guns you carry? They do not apply to 166.250.

How would they pick out one of the three guns your carrying and say '' This one is being carried illeagly''.

Last Edited:
I personally don't think this is true BUT with BING on Oregon traffic laws I had to go to the 5th page before someone finally listed the statues instead of an OUTLINE!

Many anti-gun states have restrictions like this; however it's a question brought up as a diversion to change the subject by a "Critical-Thinker" who never wants to hear the story BUT wants to insist HE IS RIGHT just on his new point. I found "Critical-Thinkers" just want to control every conversation and never really discuss issues... this is an ego-trip for them in their strange little world.

BACK TO THE QUESTION:

Someone told me WA and OR CHP's only allow 1 concealed Handgun carried at a time....really?? Perhaps??

I believe this likely is not specified within either state's statues; I'll look but it's a question that should be answered for us with several guns.

Please list the STATUES supporting or opposing this idea: NOT WHAT YOU THINK/GUESS IT SHOULD BE!

Thanks

one question why do they know you are carrying ????

I have been asked ''Are you carrying a gun'' when I was pulled over several times. At least three I can remember.
Now when A nice Cop asks you a question. It's not smart to lie. Or you could get the bad Cop!;)

My guns were taken back to the cruiser and I assume he ran the numbers. Then my guns were returned to me.
All the times I was pulled over. I only had one gun on me. So I cant be sure what would have happened if I was carrying multiple guns?

I have been asked ''Are you carrying a gun'' when I was pulled over several times. At least three I can remember.
Now when A nice Cop asks you a question. It's not smart to lie. Or you could get the bad Cop!;)

My guns were taken back to the cruiser and I assume he ran the numbers. Then my guns were returned to me.
All the times I was pulled over. I only had one gun on me. So I cant be sure what would have happened if I was carrying multiple guns?

I've heard an officer taking someone's firearm, but I've never had it happen in Oregon. I've been asked the question several times though. Usually it is a simple yes or no, and then most of the time the follow-up is 'where is it' I say my hip. Then usually, what is it, I spout off what it is, and then he takes my licence, registration and proof of insurance. Runs it, does or doesn't give me a ticket. Then we go along our way.

I'm not sure about the whole taking my firearm thing. Usually, I don't hand a firearm to someone who I don't know or have first hand knowledge can safely handle a firearm. Especially considering I carry cocked and locked. As with non-LEO, I've seen several LEO who know how to handle firearms safely and several that don't. Being a LEO means they have to pass their annual review, doesn't mean they practice safe firearm handling whenever they are handling a firearm.

Furthermore, I've never seen in the ORS where they have the right to take it. Has anyone?

Well when a Cop asks for your gun that you just pulled out to show him. Are you gona say no?
I'm never sure if the Cop is confident. But I'm sure he can shoot me if I act a fool. And I was in my 20's.
So I knew I probably needed shootin.

The last time I was pulled over was over 18 or 19 years ago. Maybe the procedure has changed?
I think maybe my guns were suspicious. I mostly carried a tiny NAA revolver? Also I was wearing worn work clothing and driving an old crappy Toyota tercel work car. I was going from construction site to construction site back then. Being paid per-diem. It was not long after my time in the service.

That crappy car made me a lot of money. But It drew a lot of Cops! They must have thought I was a scum ball?
Anyways I sold it and never was pulled over again. Not in either of my shinny Corvette's Or my new Titan.
Or any of the other dozen new cars I've had. Funny isn't it?

The only place I can think of where the "Only one gun" for CHL in Oregon is true, is on an Indian Reservation. Ours charges $50 every year and only allows one gun to be listed.

In Oregon the restriction is, do not carry more than will cause issue in large bodies of water or when you might be in close proximity to an MRI, other than that you are free to carry as you see fit.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top