JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
:s0114: there is a certain member or past member here who is the year round shorts dude and year round flip flop wearing dude.

He attends practical rifle wearing shorts and flip flops even on rainy days .

he is a PBR drinker it that tells you anything.

I don't care if you wear Wesco (a fine boot company up in Scapoose) storm troopers..

4747.gif

It won't make your Utilikilt look less ghey.

I wear flip flops a lot in the summer, and I carry all the time. I keep a change of clothes and footwear in my trunk. Naturally, any activity that puts me farther than a 15 minute walk to my car also means I'm not wearing flip flops. That's just logistics. Most people aren't hiking cross country in them, after all.

I do want to say that flip flops with socks = no. If you need socks, it's not flip flop weather.

Then again, I'm not a Navy SEAL or CAG. There are certainly more tactical people than me around.

And you are not a tender foot. I wear everything with socks. Sandals, though, not competent or safe feeling, to wear flip-flops, certainly not while working.

My cousin lost a lot of her feet, while mowing the lawn in them.

And you are not a tender foot. I wear everything with socks. Sandals, though, not competent or safe feeling, to wear flip-flops, certainly not while working.

My cousin lost a lot of her feet, while mowing the lawn in them.

how did your cousin get both feet under the mower :huh: also would shoes have made a difference

War stories, 1967, Although we mostly faced the NVA we sometimes came across Viet Cong. They almost always were wearing flip flops made from old tires and rubber straps. The first thing they did was kick off the flops and didi out of the area bare foot. Worked for them.

I have never owned flip-flops. That has more to do with a size 15 foot than anything. Though they are for the trip to and from the shower, or at the beach, I don't really care what footwear others choose. I think my comfort with them(assuming I ever found a pair large enough) would end on my porch. I personally don't believe short pants belong on grown men in public, but I have no problem with anyone that wears them. To each their own.

Flip flops are really a west coast thing. I rarely saw anybody back in Michigan wearing them, and even less frequently seeing a man wearing them.

Having been in some less than ideal situations back home, I personally don't leave the second floor of my place without wearing something that I can run in.

Speaking of lawnmowers.
My next door neighbor sharpened his lawn mower blade and forgot to tighten down the two bolts after replacing them finger tight.
One of them sheared loose and the blade spun on the remaining bolt while running full throttle, which resulted in the mower thrashing itself to pieces.
My wife saw it happen and she said that the mower started jumping around and pieces were flying off of it.
The blade finally broke free and in the process, it took off the right front wheel and lodge itself in a fence post.
It was a small miracle it didn't take his feet of at the ankles.

I wore flip-flops today while carrying my .380 in my pocket at the grocery store. Does this mean that my 20-hour course on Comprehensive Armed Defense is now invalid? Have you revoked my man-card, thus invalidating my 20 years of experience in the field?

You must be an awesome ninja. My humble self bows to your sheer awesomeness Sensei.....

I wore flip-flops today while carrying my .380 in my pocket at the grocery store. Does this mean that my 20-hour course on Comprehensive Armed Defense is now invalid? Have you revoked my man-card, thus invalidating my 20 years of experience in the field?

You must be an awesome ninja. My humble self bows to your sheer awesomeness Sensei.....

HA! Did something similar myself, this morning! I guess we have to turn in our jocks now!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top