JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What makes me cringe is seeing some squid wearing them on a motorbike.. with just a pair of shorts - no helmet, pants or shirt.

The no helmet makes perfect sense in this scenario - a squashed melon means they die quick and don't feel the pain of the road rash or the flip flop nearly ripping off their big toe when they foot plant to save themselves from the fall and fail. - oh one more thing to remember - some ER docs are pretty anti motorcycle and will scrub out your road rash sans pain killers as a reminder that if you are going to ride you should equip properly - guess its their idea of speeding up the learning curve...

Just me, I feel naked with them. I wear those slippers for slippers! I once had a pair of genuine, issue, French Foreign Legion combat sandlals. They were great! Oh yeah, never wore them to a mall!

What makes me cringe is seeing some squid wearing them on a motorbike.. with just a pair of shorts - no helmet, pants or shirt.

For the motorbike, for me, all gear all the time.

Asphalt really hurts, and it doesn't go away fast.

For the flip-flop / slippers thing, it's a personal comfort thing. your level of comfort may be more/less than others.
your flip-flops = no impact on me, so *shrug*

Do they make tactical flip-flops? Or at the very least, tactical socks, to wear with your flip-flops? ;)

This is the best tactical application I can think off.

Beverage Entry:

flip-flop-bottle-opener-2.jpg

flip-flop-bottle-opener-2.jpg

The buddy to whom I refer is the only person I actually know who carries on a regular basis. I'm used to having to defend my choices to my deluded progressive friends and family here in Havana on the Willamette. Consequently, I think about those choices a lot. I don't sleep in combat boots, but I very rarely go more than a block from my house in footwear I cannot run, jump, and kick in--this is why I posted this thread to the strategy/tactics area. Perhaps it could have gone into Preparedness and Survival.

Anyhow, I have a pair of Chacos that I go to when I need to go sockless, but socks and sneakers do not bother me, even on the hottest days. To me, a heavy gun belt loaded down with pistol, spare mag, light, multi-tool, knife, etc. is much more uncomfortable than socks and sneaks. Even a PF9 in the pocket or shoulder holster is annoying. More annoying than sweaty feet? For me, yes. In my mind, it is hard to justify the expense and hassle of packing heat if I am not prepared in many other ways too. I knew there would be a variety of opinions on the subject, but honestly, if SHTF (be it zombiepocalypse or tweaker with knife) wouldn't you rather be adequately shod?

Oh, and no, the sneaks won't protect me from lawnmower blades. They will however protect me from flying rocks and stuff the mower kicks up, possibly from zombie teeth, and certainly from tweaker teeth.

So what you're saying is basically you never leave the house without duty boots and a loaded chest rig? With all due respect, calm down.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads