JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maritime law. Admiralty Law cum onshore. Not good but there you have it. What if your primary residence is a yacht or houseboat? Does the Constitution guaranteeing the prohibition of warrant less searches and seizures of your home still apply? If not why not?

We had this problem touring in a 40 foot ex school bus. Crown Supercoach. Primary residence. Continuous Traveler on my Oregon Drivers License. The Bus was registered as a non commercial motor home. A park ranger politely asked to search the inside.

I showed him the sign on the door saying "Primary Residence Search Warrant Required" He looked at us funny. I gave him a very polite 10 minute background sit rep on the Constitution. Once he understood he apologized and left. It is a matter of knowing.

Last Edited:
Demote the wife and install a TR1 :rolleyes: or adopt a smartypants son, name him Wesley, and give him the helm. Don't forget to snap "shut up, Wesley" whenever he starts yammering. :D
:s0140::s0140::s0140: I loved that line when Picard yelled it at that punk-a$$ kid...

Last Edited:
Avast ye landlubbers and scurvy dogs. Now hear this, now hear this... standby to repel borders!
san-pebbles-cutlassl.jpg
Well shiver me timbers, arrrgh

Very succinct. Very correct.

Sorry to tell ya this, but operating a water craft on the navigable waters automatically subjects you to the full weight of maritime law, fully manned and enforced by the United States Coast Guard, and any " deputies" so let sworn by them! So, your gonna have to play by their rules!

This is part of the reasons for keeping boaters out! You never know what Portlander enviro nazies, and other protest groups might try!:eek:

and all the wackadoodles, probably stopped at a shell gas station to fill up there old worn out, oil leaking, smoking, subarus/v.w. vans to get to the bridge to protest.

Really wanna know how stupid those people are? That Ice Breaker Fenica dosnt belong to Shell Oil, it belongs to the Finnish Government, it is contracted by the U.S. gov. To assist Artic exploration and navigation, same as the 3 American Coast Guard Breakers that were in dry dock when this all took place! No one bothered to check! Same thing happend when one of the other Finnish Ice breakers OTSO assisted the Antarctic transit run for resupply of McMurdo Station the same year!
Can't fix stupid!:eek:

The Finns are probably impressed with Americans now

Sorry being a squid myself, all USA military ships have the prefix USS before the name.
It stands for United States Ship.
So it is USS Cole.
Gabby
Or USNS for Navy-owned but civilian crewed auxiliaries like tankers and transports... don't know if the Army still owns a few transports (formerly prefixed USAT) and others (unknown prefix), or if all sealift got merged under the Navy's umbrella.

The Willamette is at or less than 100 yards wide in downtown PDX, and with a 100 yard protection zone around the ships, no matter where you try to pass them, you're inside that zone. That's probably the reason for the mandatory search for anyone passing through.

Sir, I beg to differ. The free water at the Steel Bridge - immediately adjacent to the Waterfront Park - is 773.4 feet.

Please feel free to check.

tac

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews