JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sir, I beg to differ. The free water at the Steel Bridge - immediately adjacent to the Waterfront Park - is 773.4 feet.

Please feel free to check.

tac

Funny, I looked it up online before I posted, since I didn't know how wide it was. I didn't find the number you quoted. The source I found online must have been no good. I just pulled up another source that says "the main stem of the Willamette varies from about 100 to 200 meters (330 to 660 ft) in width". I never could find a listing for the exact width measurements - if you know where to look, I'd definitely be interested in seeing them for pure curiosity's sake.

South to North - omitting those I have already provided -

Ross Island - 1447ft

Tilikum Crossing - 1382ft

Marquam 1253ft

Hawthorne - 1246ft

Burnside - 747ft

Broadway - 825ft

St John's - 1182 ft

As measured on imagery taken at high water on 14 December 2015.

tac

Ross Island - 1447ft

Marquam 1253ft

Hawthorne - 1246ft

Burnside - 747ft

Broadway - 825ft

St John's - 1182 ft

tac

So that's on Google Maps, or a site like it? I seem to recall you can measure on there, but can't recall the process. I'll have to look that up. That other article I quoted from is clearly quite inaccurate.

Ross Island - 1447ft

Marquam 1253ft

Hawthorne - 1246ft

Burnside - 747ft

Broadway - 825ft

St John's - 1182 ft

tac
Interesting.
Are these the river width measurements or the bridge spans?

We've been most of the way up the Willamette so far this summer and no boarding yet by the authorities. I probably over-thought the matter. I really don't care about being checked for paperwork, paying my fair share and all that kinda stuff, but being searched just 'cause I'm there doesn't sit well. It never will.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top