JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You do know Cracked is a satire magazine like the National Lampoon or the Onion newspaper

RIGHT?

I have been reading Cracked for years. I know what it is. It is more about sarcasm than satire - but neither spin means that what they are writing is not factually based to some degree.

Onion makes up content for satire, usually way out there, but sometimes believable - usually not true.

Cracked puts up sarcastic/satirical commentary on real events/"facts". They often do not get the exact facts right, being slightly less reliable than MSM - but they usually are not making stuff up, they just gloss over the details (i.e., they simplify quite a bit) if it makes their spin on a story more entertaining. Limbaugh is worse IMO.

Don't want to comment on the article but the subject of survival is a fascinating one.

Statement: Rich people do not have the edge in survival; above the edge of so-called blue collar people.

Example: Question; in a post rule of law situation, what could a rich person offer a so-called blue collar person; that the blue collar person couldn't take anyway?

Exemplification: A rich person hires a security person/firm/gang to protect his family, his bunker, and his food, etc.. How can that rich person offer something to the security personnel, that they wouldn't simply take if they wanted it?

Illustration:
Money? No, they could take it.
Daughter? They'd just take her
Food....?
Water...?
Ammo...?

So, unless a rich person can do all the jobs of a so-called blue collar person (in a post rule of law situation), they only stand to loose more than they could keep.

Learn the grunt work!
Fix generators
Pull security
Run R&S patrols
Learn 1st Aid
Etc

Statement: Rich people do not have the edge in survival; above the edge of so-called blue collar people.

Example: Question; in a post rule of law situation, what could a rich person offer a so-called blue collar person; that the blue collar person couldn't take anyway?

I sort of half agree with this, it depends on the working relationship between the rich landlord and his workers. The rich have a huge advantage over average blue collar workers... the means to prep to any level they want, and in a short amount of time. A blue collar worker, isnt going to afford to build his own nuclear fallout shelter in his lifetime, let alone stocked with enough food and water and medicine to last a year... a rich man can have an elaborate one built in short order. The rich person needs workers to protect and run his bunker, and can afford to include those individuals and maybe even their families as incentive. Without rule of law though, it will depend greatly on the working relationship... the part I agree with you on, the servants can easily take over as needed to survive.

here is an interesting article on the elite rich preppers and what they are doing....
Survival of the Richest

So, unless a rich person can do all the jobs of a so-called blue collar person (in a post rule of law situation), they only stand to loose more than they could keep.

Generally speaking, and in most cases, totally agreed. However, some successful people studied, worked, persevered, tough out the hard times, saved, invested, took risks when needed, played it safe at other times, embraced a mindset of lifelong learning, and otherwise took care of business to claw their way from poverty to the upper tax brackets. That journey involves picking up a lot of skills along the way. I know for a fact some some did just that.

The rich have a huge advantage over average blue collar workers... the means to prep to any level they want, and in a short amount of time. A blue collar worker, isnt going to afford to build his own nuclear fallout shelter in his lifetime, let alone stocked with enough food and water and medicine to last a year

Indeed.

Last Edited:
b0d04370d20d01350b19005056a9545d.gif

Great article. Thanks. This is the answer to my prayers for when Shtf happens. I am immediately planning my relocation to the lovely South Datoka plains so I can be within easy reach my new bunker. I grew up in SE Minnesota and miss subzero winters for days on end. I just hope it gets finished in time. I will plan to work and take care of my
family remotely since they have commitments preventing them from coming with me. Can anyone sell me some rabbits and soup please, or tell me where Germany is?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top