JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
5 guns? hmmmm...
Handguns are glock 17 and 19 (of course will come with a couple 33 rounders, who are about acurate? Ha ha ha ha)
Riffles are AK and SKS (lots of ammo)
A 308 riffle wih really good scope, will be best with acog scope, oh wait and a lasermax on the side. (thousand of round)

1) M1911 / M1911A1 - GI or good quality one - I'm not picky.
2) AR-15 (of some sort)
3) M1 Garand
4) A decent scoped rifle in at least .30 cal
5) A decent shotgun (12 or 20 gauge)

In no particular order:

1. Walther PPK (a classic)
2. Walther, Mauser, or Spreewerk P.38 (ditto)
3. Ruger 10/22 (ditto)
4. Colt Single Action Army pistol (ditto)
5. Colt 1911 .45 (ditto)

Gotta have some snubbys, a couple M64s a M63 and a M651 .22mag

107tenm.jpg

PP,
Don't take this personally. But I don't like you.

That's of course my jealousy speaking. You always have beautiful guns and showing them off in such an artistic fashion.

My gun collection has dwiddled to just two guns. I'm a sorry excuse for a gun lover.
Just got the Beretta FS92, and my old pump action 22lr I bought when I was 10. Neither I would ever get rid of.
The others I had to sell for the money.
It's been a bad year. Some day I will build a collection back up.

Really though PP keep posting them, I love to look at the fine arms you have. I'm truly jealous. Good work.

PP,

That's of course my jealousy speaking. You always have beautiful guns and showing them off in such an artistic fashion.

My gun collection has dwiddled to just two guns. I'm a sorry excuse for a gun lover.
Just got the Beretta FS92, and my old pump action 22lr I bought when I was 10. Neither I would ever get rid of.

Really though PP keep posting them, I love to look at the fine arms you have. I'm truly jealous. Good work.

When I was young my wife got cancer and I had to sell all my guns to get her back to health. I had 25 guns and had collected just what I wanted. Now I am much older and have gone through other depressions and recesions. You will be able to enjoy collecting guns that you want, this won't last.

There are five guns I think a man should have though I don't have all of these.

Centerfire Colt SAA- for the conservative historical significance

1911- With a 22lr conversion kit, practice, practice

Shotgun your choice- for hunting and home defense

Sub machinegun--to fully support your RKBA

Hunting rifle--your choice to learn how to hunt and kill for your family

Just my opinion

jj

6 years ago a dated a girl with 2 kids... her kids kept messing with my guns while I wasn't there. Good thing I never keep any of my riffles or handgun loaded. I even have all the ammo locked up in the backyard shelter.

I got pissed and sold over 30 riffles and handguns. I got so mad that I took my bushmaster AR and HK USP 45 FS to the pawn shop on 82nd and Halsey so they can keep my guns safe away from her kids for 500 bucks (this is one of the stupist thing that I've done in my life). I left it there and forget to pick it up so it gone 4ever.... now I reget I did that. I dumped the girl got myself a new one without kid... I can have all the new guns now. I am building my collection again ;-) My gf even gave me money to buy couple handguns too like walther p99 and P22. :) But my collection is not as much as I did in the past.

PP,

Thanks, I think. :D

I went through the same thing years ago. When I returned from the gulf I had to sell off all my guns to catch up on bills that had piled up while I was away. The bank I had my car loan through was refusing to honor the "Soldiers and sailors act" and was trying to repossess my car because I was a few payments behind from being deployed overseas.

My collection at the time was pretty modest. Mostly second hand guns and Taurus revolvers but some of them had been given to me by family members. I spent about 15 years with only one Taurus revolver left to my name. I wasn't until just a few years ago I was able to start rebuilding my collection. Who knows how long I will get to keep these (especially being a small business owner). I would love to keep them forever and pass them down but in the end they are only tools that can be replaced...and replacing them is fun. :)

To cover all the bases I'd go with...
1) Colt 6920 w/Acog
2) Remington 700p w/nice glass
3) Remington 870 Magnum Express
4) Glock 23
5) Either a .22(I'd go for my Taurus pump, but possibly a 10/22) or an AK... Tough choice!

I know there are no wheel guns in that list, but I'm just not a big fan:s0064:

Guns that won the west,
1 1873 Winchester
2 1873 SAA Colt
(both in 44-40)

the 1991 that started it all,
3 WW1 1911 Colt

This is my rifle.
There are many like it, but this one is MINE.
My rifle is my best friend. It is my life.
I must master it as I must master my life.
My rifle without me is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.
I must fire my rifle true.
I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me.
I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...
My rifle and myself know that what counts in war is not the rounds we fire,
the noise of our bursts, nor the smoke we make.
We know it is the hits that count. We will hit...
My rifle is human, even as I, because it is my life.
Thus, I will learn it as a brother.
I will learn its weaknesses, its strengths, its parts, its accessories,
its sights, and its barrel.
I will ever guard it against the ravages of weather and damage.
I will keep my rifle clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready.
We will become part of each other. We will...
Before God I swear this creed.
My rifle and myself are the defenders of my country.
We are the masters of our enemy.
We are the saviors of my life.
So be it, until there is no enemy, but PEACE.

4 Vietnam era M16

and a personal favorite,
5 Savage 1899

My 5 favorites:
#1-S&W 686 4" 357 mag
#2-KelTec P-11 w beltclip
#3-KelTec P3AT w beltclip
#4-Daewoo DH40
#5-Bushmaster AR15
#6-Mossberg 600AT 12 ga
#7-AR7 (it floats)
#8-Ruger P89 9mm
#9-Colt Python 6" custom
I have others, just can't remember what they are or where I put them!

I don't like 1911s or Glocks, that's just me!

I'd be a terrible collector because I shoot every handgun I own... I think my collection would have to include the biggest and smallest available. After that I need high functioning pieces like the TRR8.

My .500 S&W revolver, TC Pro Hunter in .500 S&W, and NAA mini revolver in .22 mag [not smallest but close].
TC_500SnW.jpg

S&W model 327 TRR8 all dressed up. Mine's nekkid except for Crimson Trace.
trr8-600px.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads