JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good on you for changing the tire, but with the lack of wanting to pay attention on how to change a tire i would have just handed him the cables and told him to return them in the morning and gone back to bed.
I would have done that from the outset. A flat tire is not an emergency that has to be taken care of right away unless you are far away from home. You can always come back in the morning and fix it.

I do have AAA, even though I know a bit about vehicles, and worked for them doing road service, but if you ever need a tow (and I have) it pays for it itself all in one call.

That is the only reason we keep AAA. Many years ago one car died at work. The cost of tow was as much as the repair. After that I have always kept it. Was great a while back when one of the ball joints snapped on my car on the way home from work on the damn freeway. I got into a gore point and called them. Trooper came along and looked, when I said AAA was on the way she just said no problem and drove on. They had me loaded up car at shop and dropped me back home. Well worth it for Wife and I.

Few years back we had a School bus loose all power out on a rural route about 1/2 hour from town. The driver calls in asking for another bus and a mechanic. He calls back about 15 min later to say all is well. One of the farm kids on the bus managed to convince the drive to let him take a look. So the kid gets off the bus the hood is already tipped forward as the driver had been staring at the engine the whole time he was on the phone. The kid climbs up on a tire and says you got a screw driver. The driver says huh no. So the kit whips out a leatherman opens it and tightens the worm drive clamp holding part of the Turbo duct back together and jumps down tells the driver to try that. Instantly the bus is back to normal.

The kid was 10 years old had been working the farm with his dad since he was 8 and could reach the pedals on various equipment.

The driver a man was retired after 25 years driving over the road truck for a big grocery store chain here.

That being said, I have complimentary road-side assist/towing/repair/replacement on the insurance for my Harely.... LOL!
Ah the new Harley tool kit...A cell phone and a credit card.:D I may have mentioned a little know/talked about Harley fact. 90% of all Harleys that have been made are still on the road. :) I am told the other 10% made it home. :D Full disclosure..Lifetime AMA member and a Harley owner for many years. Its all good.

My daughter taught her friend in college how to change a tire, when they got a flat on the way home one night.

When someone asks me for help with something simple, I prefer to talk them through it - even if I'm standing there right beside them. I think it's because I'm the kind of person that learns best by doing. When I hear instructions I can get the basic idea [usually] but when I actually do the work with my hands it gets fixed in my brain forever.

This morning at 2am, my neighbor came over and asked if I knew how to change a flat tire on a car, (he sees me changing oil and maintaining my stuff). His 25 year old son got off work at the mall at 10pm to find his car with a flat tire, called AAA, and has been waiting in the parking lot for 4 hours for them to show up, they had a very busy night, and had no idea when they would make it. Now this guy is in his late 40s, and says he has never had to change a tire in his 30 some odd years of driving, that's what AAA is for. So I jumped in his car with him, and we drove over to his sons car, and I changed the tire for them, with their eyes glued to their phones when I thought they were watching and learning. :mad: Then when we were done, turns out duma$$ son was listening to his stereo for the whole 4 hours he was waiting, so the battery was dead. Guess who didn't have jumper cables, or even know how to jump a car? THESE GUYS!!! so we had to go all the way home to get my cables to get him going. On the way home, I told my neighbor that they really should learn basic skills like what we did tonight because what if you are on a mountain pass, or on your way to the coast and have no signal when you get a flat. He agreed with me and I said that I would show them this weekend. This morning he came to my door with Starbucks and doughnuts to say thank you, (as Rodriguez yard service was mowing his 10 x 10 foot front lawn) and told me that he and his son talked it over, and decided they didn't need me to show them anything, because that's what they pay AAA for. :confused:

People like that should not be allowed to drive. my insurance is going up every year from idiots moving here from cali causing wrecks.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top