JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Before my boys got driving lessons, they learned all the basic maintenance on our family cars! After I became confident in their abilities... they did all the oil changes and tire rotations.... I don't get call from them in the middle of the night because of flat tires or jump starts (they have needed a tow because they put their vehicle in a ditch...)

Before my boys got driving lessons, they learned all the basic maintenance on our family cars! After I became confident in their abilities... they did all the oil changes and tire rotations.... I don't get call from them in the middle of the night because of flat tires or jump starts (they have needed a tow because they put their vehicle in a ditch...)

Well, today's pansies can't seem to remove their heads from their electronic devices long enough to extricate them from their collective rectal orfices.

A couple years ago we were at my family's property that is well outside of town. Suddenly we notice a hissing sound that turns out to be air leaking out of my right front tire, so we hightailed it to the upper end of the property to the garage. I did have Allstate roadside assistance and had not ever had to change a car tire before, but honestly it turns out that it is so super simple that I was able to figure it out pretty easily will little help from the others in our group. Who knows how long we could have waited for roadside assistance to show up. Instead we got back on track and had a few hours of target shooting before it got dark.:D

People are to complacent nowadays and too willing to stagnate as they glare at their various devices.:confused:

This morning at 2am, my neighbor came over and asked if I knew how to change a flat tire on a car, (he sees me changing oil and maintaining my stuff). His 25 year old son got off work at the mall at 10pm to find his car with a flat tire, called AAA, and has been waiting in the parking lot for 4 hours for them to show up, they had a very busy night, and had no idea when they would make it. Now this guy is in his late 40s, and says he has never had to change a tire in his 30 some odd years of driving, that's what AAA is for. So I jumped in his car with him, and we drove over to his sons car, and I changed the tire for them, with their eyes glued to their phones when I thought they were watching and learning. :mad: Then when we were done, turns out duma$$ son was listening to his stereo for the whole 4 hours he was waiting, so the battery was dead. Guess who didn't have jumper cables, or even know how to jump a car? THESE GUYS!!! so we had to go all the way home to get my cables to get him going. On the way home, I told my neighbor that they really should learn basic skills like what we did tonight because what if you are on a mountain pass, or on your way to the coast and have no signal when you get a flat. He agreed with me and I said that I would show them this weekend. This morning he came to my door with Starbucks and doughnuts to say thank you, (as Rodriguez yard service was mowing his 10 x 10 foot front lawn) and told me that he and his son talked it over, and decided they didn't need me to show them anything, because that's what they pay AAA for. :confused:

Ask them how long they think that it will take to discover their dead bodies. Someone has the brains that God provided an intellectually challenged baboon.

Some people never learn.

Complacency kills.

The next go around.

Politely, yet as monotone as you can, ask him what he pays a month for his AAA.

Then in the same polite monotone ask him for this amount for your services.

AAA bills annually, typically. $65 for a basic membership, $105 for Plus, and $150 IIRC for premier. But that's not what we get paid to provide service. If he wanted to be compensated for fair market value, $40 is a good starting point. Its' what I charge for retail customers, and close to what AAA is paying for a basic service call.

Ray's Towing is the Eugene area contractor, I bet they only have 2 techs on at night, and Rays is not exclusive to AAA - they run other clubs, insurance, police, and retail work too. People really should know all that stuff, and keep tools in theur vehicle, but guys like me get paid to do the jobs guys lime that cannot or willnot do themselves.

This morning at 2am, my neighbor came over and asked if I knew how to change a flat tire on a car, (he sees me changing oil and maintaining my stuff). His 25 year old son got off work at the mall at 10pm to find his car with a flat tire, called AAA, and has been waiting in the parking lot for 4 hours for them to show up, they had a very busy night, and had no idea when they would make it. Now this guy is in his late 40s, and says he has never had to change a tire in his 30 some odd years of driving, that's what AAA is for.:confused:

We are raising a couple generations of people who are totally helpless. No matter so many of them will vote to let the Government just do everything from cradle to grave.

[QUOTE="Reno911, post: 1946203, member: 34319

OP I commend your patience! I don't think I'd be as kind. The moment he stated that he didn't want to take me up on my offer to teach, I would have stated that he is no longer welcome to ask me for any favors like the one you provided. He can just wait for his insurance to take care of him, since it's what he pays for.[/QUOTE]

That is the part of this that bothered me the most. Someone asking for help with something dead simple who is totally uninterested in learning how to do it. They just want someone else to do everything.

All that time on their phones and they can't youtube how to change a tire.
I use youtube for everything.

I used to work for AAA and was always amazed at how many college age kids can't change a tire.
They wait an hour to have someone change their tire in 10mins, including paperwork.

I would throw a few jabs in when they were with their girlfriends.
The calls to help the college age ladies I never minded though.

I've often felt like I should open my own business teaching a class on life basics to high school grads.

Why? I doubt any of them would really want to learn about basic vehicle maintenance. After all, they've got AAA! :D

As far as telling the neighbor to take a hike. I don't think I could do that. I feel that would be rued. i despise people that feel they're superior to me or others. In a case like this I think you'd have a right to feel superiority though.

There is a reason, several actually, why I don't like people.
Especially neighbors.

You knock on my door at 2am because you're a willingly worthless tit when it comes to a flat tire on your car? Just make sure you pre-pack your nostrils with gauze to stop the bleeding that will suddenly occur when I punch your face, because I'll send you the carpet cleaning bill if you don't.

o_O:rolleyes:

I know I have said it before but that insurance tv commercial where the kid is on the phone and says no my insurance doesn't cover that is
F@#$&-_ Hilarious.
Kid don't know how to change a tire lol.
True story I changed the clutch on my truck on the side of the freeway one time .
I did need someone to come get me and take me to the auto parts store and get the parts .and get some tools I didn't have with me but no tow truck no shop .a few hours and I was driving again .lol I'm sorry but IF YOU CAN'T CHANGE A FLAT TIRE .
YOU SHOULD NOT BE DRIVEING A CAR

I should say old truck three on the tree transmission so all you need is a big jack and some ramps to get the truck up off the ground and you can muscle the transmission out by hand its not that heavy .lol
And I was young and built like a brick $#!+ House back then .and didn't have money to pay for towing or a shop .OH WELL LIVE AND LEARN

I know I have said it before but that insurance tv commercial where the kid is on the phone and says no my insurance doesn't cover that is
F@#$&-_ Hilarious.
Kid don't know how to change a tire lol.
True story I changed the clutch on my truck on the side of the freeway one time .
I did need someone to come get me and take me to the auto parts store and get the parts .and get some tools I didn't have with me but no tow truck no shop .a few hours and I was driving again .lol I'm sorry but IF YOU CAN'T CHANGE A FLAT TIRE .
YOU SHOULD NOT BE DRIVEING A CAR

What was even worse than the two worthless tits stuck in the side the road that didn't know what a lug-wrench was, was the mother that was soooooooooooo proud of her little metro-boy who called their insurance's road-side assistance service and got rescued... like it was a major achievement or something.

That being said, I have complimentary road-side assist/towing/repair/replacement on the insurance for my Harely.... LOL!

And good for you 808 Honda guy now you have to take this kid under your wing and teach him some stuff obviously his dad is not doing it .
I'm kinda glad I won't be around in the years to come .metro sexual men that can't change a tire but know how to put on Makeup .
GIVE ME A BREAK

What was even worse than the two worthless tits stuck in the side the road that didn't know what a lug-wrench was, was the mother that was soooooooooooo proud of her little metro-boy who called their insurance's road-side assistance service and got rescued... like it was a major achievement or something.

That being said, I have complimentary road-side assist/towing/repair/replacement on the insurance for my Harely.... LOL!
Yes HILARIOUS I LAUGHED AT THAT FOR EVER

Cuz with Harley you'll need it :D Next time buy a Honda ;)

I can't deal with it anymore more you come out to help them at 02:00 and they are on there phone the whole time I would have walked away . they probably would not have noticed .
Or like I said you might have to try and save this kid from his dad .IF YOU CAN CALL HIM A DAD MMMMMMM

So I got a Nissan Maxima older but still has the computer garbage on it I can do almost anything on it for repairs .but I have a older Dodge truck that has no computer bullet proof small V8 that I love to work on

I stole this from the smile THREAD 401304-af41a5d9d45def58c36b20382a82d918.gif

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top