JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So I have gico insurance with road side assistance lol but have never used it I actually drove on a donut spare tire that didn't last long enough then I walked a mile with my tire got it fixed and walked a mile back to my car put it on then drove home .
The next day I was telling my sister about it .
She said why didn't you call road side assistance .
I said I fogot I had it

Should be a simple task to change a flat tire.
Should be common sense not to run your stereo for 4hrs without running the car.
Should be common sense to carry jumper cables.
How come you had to drive back home to get jumper cables? ;)
Nice on you to answer the door at 2am to help your neighbor out. Obviously he understood the inconvenience and appreciated it with his offering of coffee and doughnuts. Some people wouldn't even do that.

Screw jumper cables, that takes 2 vehicles. Get one of these:

Jump-N-Carry 4000 1,100 Peak Amp 12V Jump Starter

We use the JNC 660 boxes in all our trucks. I get 30 or so typical starts out of one before its too weak to work. Don't use with diesels though, f'n diesels won't typically start with 2 of em hooked up. But on gas motors, they are hard to beat. Buy one, charge it up and put in the trunk. Put a reminder on your phone to plug it in to top off once a month, and another reminder to put it back in the car the next morning. Problem solved. :D

Screw jumper cables, that takes 2 vehicles. Get one of these:

Jump-N-Carry 4000 1,100 Peak Amp 12V Jump Starter

We use the JNC 660 boxes in all our trucks. I get 30 or so typical starts out of one before its too weak to work. Don't use with diesels though, f'n diesels won't typically start with 2 of em hooked up. But on gas motors, they are hard to beat. Buy one, charge it up and put in the trunk. Put a reminder on your phone to plug it in to top off once a month, and another reminder to put it back in the car the next morning. Problem solved. :D
You guys missed the part where he said he got into the dad's car and went to change the tire so when the battery was dead they had to go home to get his because the POS DAD DIDN'T HAVE THEM IN HIS CAR

To think that yuppies like that look down on the knuckle draggers that do the dirty work they are too civilized to do themselves.

The best thing you can do for people like that is to persuade them to read this
https://www.amazon.com/Second-After-John-Matherson-Novel/dp/0765327252
Either they'll think you're parinoid for believing it's possible something like that could happen, or they will wake up and try to better themselves.

We were deer hunting about 1960 on the eastern side of the Sierras. We were camped in a grove of aspens that had carvings on the bark from the days of the Donner Party. It was a 1/4 mile wagon trail to get to an actual dirt road, and many miles of dirt to the nearest pavement. Dad gets in the '56 Dodge to start it and "CLICK"...nothing but the starter solenoid. So there we are before cell phones, many miles from any help. Dad gets out a pair of pliers and shorts the main terminals of the starter solenoid and the engine cranks. I turned on the key and it started right up. Dad was a smart guy.
my grandpa was a farmer. one of his tractors starter solenoids went out. instead of fixing it he just kept a screwdriver near the starter tied up with bailin' wire. it worked! so whatever

LOL different times.

he was a baby during the great depression but both him and my grandma saved everything when they were alive.

We were deer hunting about 1960 on the eastern side of the Sierras. We were camped in a grove of aspens that had carvings on the bark from the days of the Donner Party. It was a 1/4 mile wagon trail to get to an actual dirt road, and many miles of dirt to the nearest pavement. Dad gets in the '56 Dodge to start it and "CLICK"...nothing but the starter solenoid. So there we are before cell phones, many miles from any help. Dad gets out a pair of pliers and shorts the main terminals of the starter solenoid and the engine cranks. I turned on the key and it started right up. Dad was a smart guy.

That was when you could do such things and they would work. Today, there isn't much you can do without taking it into the shop.

my grandpa was a farmer. one of his tractors starter solenoids went out. instead of fixing it he just kept a screwdriver near the starter tied up with bailin' wire. it worked! so whatever

LOL different times.

he was a baby during the great depression but both him and my grandma saved everything when they were alive.

My parents were "depression babies" (Dad was born on September 29, 1917, in Redbank, KY. Mother was born April 1st, 1925, Hartshorne/Haleyville, OK). I understand completely. I was born at USNS Tongue Point, Astoria, OR December 1st, 1954 @ 0630 hrs.

As children, we grew up learning how to do things for ourselves.

Last Edited:
My parents were "depression babies" (Dad was born on September 29, 1917, and mother was born April 1st, 1925). I understand completely.

As children, we grew up learning how to do things for ourselves.
i'll be 30 in 9 days.

i was raised by my grandparents until my brother and i were old enough to stay home while mom and dad were at work. my brother and i grew up on grandpas onion farm...working. sun up to sun down as kids. it was nice being able to buy whatever we wanted with the money we earned as young kids. i mean like 7 years old young. it made me into the person i am today. the trade off is that my grandpa wasnt just teaching us how to work... it was a greater life lesson than that. it was how to do things on your own.

Lol I bet this kid and his dad probably dropped off the coffee and donuts on there way to the ANTI GUN RALLEY HEHEE .
It's all your fault now 808 hehehh .
Just kidding

You guys missed the part where he said he got into the dad's car and went to change the tire so when the battery was dead they had to go home to get his because the POS DAD DIDN'T HAVE THEM IN HIS CAR

Didn't miss it at all, it was also pointed out that the OP likewise forgot *his* cables at home. Hence my point about cables only being useful if theres a car to jump from. The box can be kept tucked away in the car till needed. Self help vs relying on someone else. Lots of my customers have cables hiding in their trunks but lack knowledge in using them, or finding a willing samaritan to help them.

Didn't miss it at all, it was also pointed out that the OP likewise forgot *his* cables at home. Hence my point about cables only being useful if theres a car to jump from. The box can be kept tucked away in the car till needed. Self help vs relying on someone else. Lots of my customers have cables hiding in their trunks but lack knowledge in using them, or finding a willing samaritan to help them.
No the OP didn't take his car or truck to help them he rode with the idots dad in the dad's car that obviously didn't have cables the OP is not at fault he was at the mercy of the idiots .lol

No the OP didn't take his car or truck to help them he rode with the idots dad in the dad's car that obviously didn't have cables the OP is not at fault he was at the mercy of the idiots .lol

He shudda bubblegumslapped the dad, DeNozo'd the kid, and dropped a match in the gas tank of both vehicles. Ray's Towing could've gotten two tows instead of one tire change call. :p

Good on you for changing the tire, but with the lack of wanting to pay attention on how to change a tire i would have just handed him the cables and told him to return them in the morning and gone back to bed.

Good on you for changing the tire, but with the lack of wanting to pay attention on how to change a tire i would have just handed him the cables and told him to return them in the morning and gone back to bed.

You have to learn sometime. Necessity is not only the mother of invention, it is generally just a "mother".

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top