JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

From the cite “As the president said, we should focus on sound, effective steps that will keep guns out of the hands of the criminals, fugitives, people with serious mental illness, and others who have no business possessing a gun and who are prohibited by laws on the books from owning a gun,”

Yeap, this is just terrible, he's repressing me!

From the cite "As the president said, we should focus on sound, effective steps that will keep guns out of the hands of the criminals, fugitives, people with serious mental illness, and others who have no business possessing a gun and who are prohibited by laws on the books from owning a gun,"

Well, that's the laws now! (about 25,000 of them) So when is he going to enforce what is already on the books? After all we all know that any new laws are going to be instantly obeyed by the criminals just like they obey the ones already on the books!

Why don't they go after doctors and nurses that kill more than 400 TIMES as many people as guns do? (If the government REALLY wanted to save lives they need to limit medical mistakes and limit access to motor vehicles.

Deaths from avoidable medical error more than double in past decade, investigation shows

"The total number of iatrogenic deaths shown in the following table is 783,936. It is evident that the American medical system is the leading cause of death and injury in the United States"

From: http://www.newmediaexplorer.org/sep...s_leading_cause_of_death_and_injury_in_us.htm

"Of the total 323,993 deaths among Medicare patients in those years who developed one or more patient-safety incidents, 263,864, or 81 percent, of these deaths were directly attributable to the incident(s)."

From: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/11856.php)

Or backyard swimming pools that a child is more than 100 times as likely to die from than be shot? ("If you own a gun and have a swimming pool in the yard, the swimming pool is almost 100 times more likely to kill a child than the gun is." The Chicago Sun-Times.)

8 former US Presidents have been NRA Members
80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
South West Washington Arms Collector member

How does this change anything? I for one have no problem with adhering to the laws in place and if a background check is going to be required for FTF sales I really don't care. I'm not a criminal and can legally obtain any gun for sale on these boards anyway and I'm assuming so can everybody else. And what are they talking about with the gun show loophole? Isn't it law to do a background check there now anyway? I can understand those of you not wanting big brother to know what you have even if it is legal but otherwise what's so major about this? He didn't even say anything about hi-cap magazines which is what would piss me off because who likes to spend all day reloading?

I cant even begin to imagine how detailed and tedious those 25,000 laws on guns are. I hope they do trim and streamline the legislation to where its practical and relevant. I dont know many gun laws, but i've been getting by on the ones i do know. Like no cross state sales without an ffl. No Oregon sale without ODL and i even see some people only willing to sell to those with CWP's. And that wouldn't be TOO bad of an idea. How many punk gang bangers you think got a CWP?

Every good gun owner should be a member of NRA if for no other reason than to stay informed on the increased regulations and to have a voice in DC.

A Federal tax (stamp) for every gun and ammo purchase to fund ATF enforcement efforts would be no different than the gas tax for transportation projects. Currently you do not pay taxes on FTF purchases but that could change if regulation requires original gun owners to report FTF resales of guns.

Every good gun owner should be a member of NRA if for no other reason than to stay informed on the increased regulations and to have a voice in DC.

A Federal tax (stamp) for every gun and ammo purchase to fund ATF enforcement efforts would be no different than the gas tax for transportation projects. Currently you do not pay taxes on FTF purchases but that could change if regulation requires original gun owners to report FTF resales of guns.

The British passed a stamp act on their colonies. As I recall it didn't work out too well for them.

Thank you, this is the type of answer I was looking for. While I do not see this anywhere in the article I would not throw this into the realm of impossible. On a side note, I enjoy how we can have political differences on this site and still have meaningful information being thrown into the mix to discuss amongst one another.

From the cite "As the president said, we should focus on sound, effective steps that will keep guns out of the hands of the criminals, fugitives, people with serious mental illness, and others who have no business possessing a gun and who are prohibited by laws on the books from owning a gun,"

Wow! just wow, it's one thing to be in denial but to defend those that would take your rights away is over the top.

You have a warm fuzzy feeling that Obama is looking to do the right thing? I sure don't have it.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top