JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had my first one this year. Honestly, the prep was the worst part of the whole experience. Everything else was a breeze. I ate like a fricken' horse afterward.

Thank you for doing what you do. I feel like a load is off my shoulders over this and it really eases my mind.

That is why I wrote my post.

Maybe someone gets a laugh and decides it's not so bad to get one done. It is easier than I thought and not as bad as all that and the possible consequences are quite literally life threatening. I respond to encouragement like that so I wanted to extend it. I figure most of the people on this list are middle aged guys and need to hear it.

The Doc had been after me for years to get one. I kept putting it off. Then 2 people I worked with at one job got the cancer. One girl was many years younger than me. At next tune up I told Doc go ahead and set one up. Nothing there so I'm glad I did it.

After the annoying pre-game festivities, my actual procedure amounted to little more than a refreshing nap - and a green light to go eat like a STARVING PIG on the way home.

Honestly, though, I could've happily gone all day without seeing "the rig" hanging on the wall when they wheeled me in there.

colon scope.jpg

I had that done 4 years ago at 50. I had the drugs. :) I have no idea how I got dressed or got into the car. I do remember stopping at Jack in the Box on the way home. I was starving. Don't remember much after that.

For me the worst part was the "cleansing". The gallon just of poop juice you have to mix up and drink tastes meh when you start drinking it and by the time you finish it, it's terrible. Peeing out your butt isn't all that great either.

"Don't you worry, but don't delay, call Roto Rooter right away! Quickly, the Roto Rooter machine cleans the sewer lines "razor clean". Call Roto Rooter, that's the name. And away go troubles, "down the drain". Roto Rooter!

I listened to his ad as a child during the late '50's through the 1970's on KVAL TV Channel 13 Eugene, Oregon. (NBC for the central and southern Willammette Valley).

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top