JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just had my 3rd one done, started at 40. God blessed me on that one as I had 5 adenomas. Doc said if I had made it to 50 it most likely would have been too late! Clean bill of health now. But on the 3 year program now. If your insurance will pay or you spring for the upgraded prep it's better, about half or less the amount of fluid with a flavoring. Not like 10 years ago if I remember right was about a gallon. Get it done!

I have a co-worker 63, was once a 3-pack smoker and has never had the A$$ CAM.
He's afraid.
Hope he doesn't get somethin' bad.
It's a lousy death.....once the cancer starts migrating to other organs, they can't stop it.
I lost a friend at age 47. Heavy on the cigs, beer and not a great diet.

Don't fear the A$$ CAM.
It can literally save your life.

Ah hell... you guys just stumbled into to my least favorite subject of all time. I have had Crohns disease since I was 18 (its hilarious how many people think my handle is because I don't know how to spell chronos). I have had a pipe up my bubblegum every year for too many to count. The first time back in the early 80s though was done without pain killers or meds... I remember the doctor trying to talk with me about the weather or some such thing and me not responding because I was pretty sure I was feeling that camera in the back of my throat.... I finally blurted other WHAT? When he kept calling my name. He then says "oh, ok....just wanted to make sure that you were still with us... we have had people pass out during this" .. my response was "NO bubblegum!"
It may be because of my insides resemble something out of a horror movie, but these procedures really suck for me.... the prep is no big deal, but I would rather have bamboo shoots under my fingernails than a scope in my butt. The problem for me now is I am so psychologically scarred, unless they put me down hard, I have been known to wake up out of the meds and start to leave taking the equipment with me..yup, that really happened and I remember them having wrestle me back to the table.
Good for you that you got it done and it was no big deal... for me it's a HUGE deal.:(

I read the date wrong for starting the prep and almost went through it all a day before I should have.
My wife always double checks these things, thank goodness.

When I was in the recovery room and groggy from the anesthesia, I woke up for a minute then fell back asleep and had a dream that the doctor and nurse were talking to me about a couple of new procedures that were available on my insurance and since I was already here and prepped would I care to have one of them performed for free.
One was that they could extend my life for an extra 40 years and the other was that they could make me look like Brad Pitt.
I looked over to my wife and she's telling the doc, "He'll take the Brad Pitt procedure."

I did my first colonoscopy about 6 years ago. No potholes or speed-bumps found on the Hershey Highway.
I have always considered this orifice as an exit, but in this case it became an entrance, thankfully I remained unconscious during the procedure.

I thought it would be fun to weigh myself prior to drinking the laxative.
After I was all cleaned out, hours later, I had lost 7 pounds!
Thats a lot of poo!

I did my first colonoscopy about 6 years ago. No potholes or speed-bumps found on the Hershey Highway.
I have always considered this orifice as an exit, but in this case it became an entrance, thankfully I remained unconscious during the procedure.

I thought it would be fun to weigh myself prior to drinking the laxative.
After I was all cleaned out, hours later, I had lost 7 pounds!
Thats a lot of poo!

No bubblegum... REALLY!

True story: When I had mine and I was in the waiting room the nurse asked me if I understood what the Dr was going to do. (standard pre-op question) Without skipping a beat I told her "He is about to go where no man has gone before." Had the entire office laughing so hard they cried! LOL....

download (1).jpg

Had my first one at 50 due to some excessive bleeding out the azz. I woke up during the procedure and watched the screen. They even handed me my glasses. Gave me pictures to take home and I told the wife I was going to frame them, put them up on the wall with the heading of "Hall of the Mountain King". :D Nothing was found.

My second one at 63 had better meds. Shortly after I was given the drug and was in twilight sleep, the VA doc said my name loudly and I answered "What?" and the doc said "Hit him again". The guys were not shy about goosing with the drugs. Woke up in the recovery room hungry as could be. 9 polyps taken out. Gotta go again in 5yrs. Not looking forward to it because prep for a diabetic that is on Vicodin is 4 days. Just about passed out from weakness on my 3rd day. Sitting on the toity and shivering with cold. Crud!!!

I am an old hand at these scope jobs from both ends. They are truly a piece of cake, other than the "purging" the night before.

In fact, I had an endoscope job yesterday. Seems they've got the terminology backwards, as an endoscope is thru the mouth, not in the end.

Let's see, nothing to eat after 5:00 the day before. Procedure scheduled for 1:00 in the afternoon the next day. Postponed til 4PM. I was hungry!

If you're due for either scope procedure, get it done. It's nothing more than a nice nap.

WAYNO.

It's nice to have the professionals weigh in with Pro Tips.

:)
LOL!! The first go round (I don't recall the name of it) having to drink a gallon jug of that stuff, I don't care if it's 32 degrees cold, I bout hurled, and I can eat almost anything. I went to the pharmacy and asked if there was something "over the counter" that was just as effective. The pharmacist pointed me to a selection of flavors in 10oz bottles (I can shotgun 10oz!) and said it will do just as well. I bought it. It cleans the pipes just as well. Without a gag reflex ;)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top