JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Sweet Jesus, Mary, Joseph and the Shepherds! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

We now return you to your regular programming.

Arf The Wonder Chicken approves this pre-cancerous polyp removal message.

Last Edited:
Congratulations, you probably cured your future colon cancer! Seriously!

There are a few types of polyps - hyperplastic, tubular adenomas and tubulovillous adenomas. The adenoma polyps turn into colon cancer after about 10 years.

Your polyps were probably already there for a few years. If you did not get those polyps out, they would have turned into cancer in about 5-8 years and you would have died about 6 months to 2 years after that after going through surgery and chemo. We specifically do colonoscopies to try and find pre-cancerous polyps like this.

So by getting that colonoscopy and removing those polyps, you cured a future cancer that would have probably killed you in your early 60's.

I try to stress this to my patients. The colonoscopies are not fun but now you wont die for colon cancer. a good trade off!

You are a good example of why we recommend them.

My aunt refused to have one when her doctor told her she needed one. She died of colon cancer in her early 60's. I've had 3 and each time they have removed precancerous polyps. Will I have another one when the doc says it's due? You can bet on it!

Couple of thoughts. There are choices - you can get a camera without the snippers - much smaller device.
If they see polyps, then the big un' is goin' in.

Most men die with prostate cancer. It is slow growing, so it isn't the thing that kills you.

Swallow-able cameras and better scanners (t-waves for example) are coming may limit the probes.

I got hemorrhoids AFTER I got probed, thank you very much.

Discuss options with your doc:

Less invasive methods may provide options for colorectal cancer screening

Couple of thoughts. There are choices - you can get a camera without the snippers - much smaller device.
If they see polyps, then the big un' is goin' in.

Most men die with prostate cancer. It is slow growing, so it isn't the thing that kills you.

Swallow-able cameras and better scanners (t-waves for example) are coming may limit the probes.

I got hemorrhoids AFTER I got probed, thank you very much.

Discuss options with your doc:

Less invasive methods may provide options for colorectal cancer screening

Dude, who gives a damn how "invasive" it is?? They put me under, I had a nice little nap. While I was under, the doc removed a small polyp he found. Turned out it was benign, but again, who cares how invasive it was? I didn't feel anything, and it can potentially save your life!

I had my first one when I was about 25. It was diagnostic. Now to set this up, I have to tell you I lived a 5 minute walk from the hospital. Anyway, I woke up mid procedure, I think they gave me more of something. Anyway, in recovery, I was definitely impaired so they were looking for my car keys, since they didn't realize I walked. Somehow in my addled state I thought them asking for my keys was an invitation to leave. So I got up, got dressed and walked right out. Walked home, and 15 minutes later got the most panicked call of my life. I asked if they wanted me to come back. They told me to lay down and not move for a bit. I can't imagine the paperwork that caused.

I had my first one when I was about 25. It was diagnostic. Now to set this up, I have to tell you I lived a 5 minute walk from the hospital. Anyway, I woke up mid procedure, I think they gave me more of something. Anyway, in recovery, I was definitely impaired so they were looking for my car keys, since they didn't realize I walked. Somehow in my addled state I thought them asking for my keys was an invitation to leave. So I got up, got dressed and walked right out. Walked home, and 15 minutes later got the most panicked call of my life. I asked if they wanted me to come back. They told me to lay down and not move for a bit. I can't imagine the paperwork that caused.

I'll BET!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads