JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I thought it was going to be a pain in the bubblegum but it all went right in the end.

So I am 51 and everyone agreed it was time to start being proactive about my health. Just something you have to do.

Yesterday was the first slot open and I thought to myself, "Watch Trump's inauguration or have strangers strip you, drug you and then shove things up your butt."

In retrospect, I made the right choice, the inauguration looked really boring.

So the worst part of all this is the prep. You have to stop eating nuts and grains for 5 days before and here in Portland that pretty much rules out most food. Then the day before the procedure, you have to drink this stuff that tastes like flavored bubblegum to get all the bubblegum out of your bubblegum. Then in the morning you have to do it again... All the time bubblegumming till your bubblegum hole is sore. Then drinking more water on top of that to make sure it is all clear down below.

Once there they said that it wasn't necessarily going to hurt that bad so if I wanted to skip the pain killer and sedative I could. Since they gave me an IV and could put me on them in less than 30 seconds if I needed it, I decided to go bareback without painkillers. It was honestly not something I want to do every day or even weekly, but it wasn't that bad. A couple of grimaces and a snort or two and it was over.

They took out a couple polyps and the doc said they looked harmless but they ought to just get them since they were there.

So now I have clear check of the bubblegum area and when ever I have an ache or a pain, I know with confidence that it isn't colon cancer. Since I have a wife and an 8 year old and a 10 year old, that sort of makes me happy.

If you haven't had yours and are delaying...

Get it done. I did and I am a big sissy.

People are counting on you even if just to post here on the forums. Don't let them down and don't let yourself down.

In the end at least, when someone tells you you have your head up your bubblegum, you can proudly say, "YES! And the view up there is GREAT!"

PS I have gorgeous colon, I watched the whole thing... might post it here later...

Last Edited:
I took the drugs. Woke up several times and it was no big deal. As with you the damn prep was worse than anything else. When it was done that first meal was sure good. Wife was there and there was a nice Mexican joint across the street so in we went. That first cup of coffee was sure good too. That was the hardest part, no damn coffee that day. :eek:

I thought it was going to be a pain in the bubblegum but it all went right in the end.

So I am 51 and everyone agreed it was time to start being proactive about my health. Just something you have to do.

Yesterday was the first slot open and I thought to myself, "Watch Trump's inauguration or have strangers strip you, drug you and then shove things up your butt."

So the worst part of all this is the prep. You have to stop eating nuts and grains for 5 days before and here in Portland that pretty much rules out most food. Then the day before the procedure, you have to drink this stuff that tastes like flavored bubblegum to get all the bubblegum out of your bubblegum. Then in the morning you have to do it again... All the time bubblegumming till your bubblegum hole is sore. Then drinking more water on top of that to make sure it is all clear down below.

Once there they said that it wasn't necessarily going to hurt that bad so if I wanted to skip the pain killer and sedative I could. Since they gave me an IV and could put me on them in less than 30 seconds if I needed it, I decided to go bareback without painkillers. It was honestly not something I want to do every day or even weekly, but it wasn't that bad. A couple of grimaces and a snort or two and it was over.

They took out a couple polyps and the doc said they looked harmless but they ought to just get them since they were there.

So now I have clear check of the bubblegum area and when ever I have an ache or a pain, I know with confidence that it isn't colon cancer. Since I have a wife and an 8 year old and a 10 year old, that sort of makes me happy.

People are counting on you even if just to post here on the forums. Don't let them down and don't let yourself down.

In the end at least, when someone tells you you have your head up your bubblegum, you can proudly say, "YES! And the view up there is GREAT!"

PS I have gorgeous colon, I watched the whole thing... might post it here later...

Up periscope! (Colonoscope)?

Been there, done that. The doctors removed 3 polyps at the VA Hospital on "pill hill".

(Arf The Wonder Chicken hid while this took place).

Had my first at 55 and that was no fun, they did a little work... next one due this summer. Not looking forward to it but colon cancer got my dad so I will do what I gotta do. BTW, it's worse when they look for bladder cancer even if it's a smaller camera...grabs you like a jock full of fish hooks!:(

Brutus Out

I just had my first one done on the 10th, with only a couple of differences:
The Colyte I had to drink wasn't flavored, so I had to do that myself and I didn't get the choice of not being knocked out, they did it automatically. Other than that everything was pretty much the same.

The up side is that I'm good for another 10 years.

Ray

Had my first at 55 and that was no fun, they did a little work... next one due this summer. Not looking forward to it but colon cancer got my dad so I will do what I gotta do. BTW, it's worse when they look for bladder cancer even if it's a smaller camera...grabs you like a jock full of fish hooks!:(

Brutus Out

yeah this is something that i could NOT do. or have a catheter or somthing like that. you would literally just have to kill me instead

Congratulations, you probably cured your future colon cancer! Seriously!

There are a few types of polyps - hyperplastic, tubular adenomas and tubulovillous adenomas. The adenoma polyps turn into colon cancer after about 10 years.

Your polyps were probably already there for a few years. If you did not get those polyps out, they would have turned into cancer in about 5-8 years and you would have died about 6 months to 2 years after that after going through surgery and chemo. We specifically do colonoscopies to try and find pre-cancerous polyps like this.

So by getting that colonoscopy and removing those polyps, you cured a future cancer that would have probably killed you in your early 60's.

I try to stress this to my patients. The colonoscopies are not fun but now you wont die for colon cancer. a good trade off!

You are a good example of why we recommend them.

Congratulations, you probably cured your future colon cancer! Seriously!
[snip]
So by getting that colonoscopy and removing those polyps, you cured a future cancer that would have probably killed you in your early 60's.

I try to stress this to my patients. The colonoscopies are not fun but now you wont die for colon cancer. a good trade off!

You are a good example of why we recommend them.

Thank you for doing what you do. I feel like a load is off my shoulders over this and it really eases my mind.

That is why I wrote my post.

Maybe someone gets a laugh and decides it's not so bad to get one done. It is easier than I thought and not as bad as all that and the possible consequences are quite literally life threatening. I respond to encouragement like that so I wanted to extend it. I figure most of the people on this list are middle aged guys and need to hear it.

~Snip~
Hey Goose? (What a coincidence that I'm about to say this to someone named "Goose")
I can appreciate that you're relieved that you're cancer free, I REALLY can. Congratulations.

But just because you have video proof that you've a perfect azzhole, doesn't mean you should post it on the internet. :D

Last Edited:
Hey Goose? (What a coincidence that I'm about to say this to someone named "Goose")
I can appreciate that you're are relieved that you're cancer free, I REALLY can. Congratulations.

But just because you have video proof that you've a perfect azzhole, doesn't mean you should post it on the internet. :D

Its deeper than that...

Brutus Out
BTDT x2 :confused:

My G-pa died of CC so I've been doing them since I was 45. It's an uncomfortable thing to think about but the reality is far different. People I talk to about it either get extremely squirmish, turn it into a joke or just get disgusted. I was in that camp for years, as a man's man born in the early '60's, talking openly about bum stuff with other 'guys' is just something you don't really wanna do. However I've always been a bit edgy in my crowd and don't get too excited about what someone's opinion is at the time, they always change. Honestly w/'guys' it's probably easiest to approach the subject w/humor and be a bit self-deprecating, it can be funny.

I've managed to convince 5 (so far, to my knowledge) of my friends to get it done in the last 2 years, family members are already on-board. 4 had poyps removed, 1 with adenomas. I had 3 adenomas my 1st trip in, the last 2 just normal ones.

I had twins 8 years ago which convinced me sticking around for a while is probably something I want to do.

Get 'er done. Then you can be like me and be the b*tt of the jokes but be able to laugh right along w/them :)

Beside the prep just taking the time out of your schedule to do it is probably the hardest part, I mean who wants to voluntarily be put under and have their crack exposed to a couple of potentially hot nurses while being in a highly suggestive state of mind? It can be interesting, especially if/when you wake up and start talking crazy stuff in the middle of the procedure. Those are the best stories for later :)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top