JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
40 and I've had 2.

They give me ruffies so I remember roll over on your side and wake up to ice water in a cup - idea rather not remember it...

Prepping for it was an absolute nightmare with my digestive track issues.

I clearly remember that and not being able to get off the throne of honor for hours:eek:. Finally stopped and thought I could go to bed but nope, furthest I got was sleeping on the bathroom floor wishing for a kind person to put me out of my misery.

Had an endoscopy once as well and that left me with a sore throat for a few days.

I tell my GI's now that I'll go on a liquid diet and give me the mildest laxative they can or I'm not doing it:p

I used my pre ACA Tricare Prime (now eviscerated) for retirees for my colonoscopy, but a tangent on the VA health system:

The Salem primary care and Hillsboro specialty clinics have been fantastic for me; I had to work very hard within the system to get where I am at today (medically), but they led the way.

The Portland VA has done a great service to me; I am grateful however, I'm looking forward to securing better medical and dental care for my wife and me through Tricare for retirees (closer to what they promised when I joined).... looking for a much easier system; less wait times and less travel.

Cheese logs...good one :)

You're not supposed to eat any seeds or nuts 5 days prior, we eat a lot of nuts around our house. My wife had it done a couple weeks before me (end of the year insurance thing), she was paranoid she was going to forget and eat nuts during her nut/seed moratorium. We also do a lot of popcorn as we have 8 yo twins at home. So I helped her remember and she help me remember. My procedure was scheduled for a Mon. so I quit eating nuts/seeds on the Wed. prior. Not a big deal, just don't get 'em out in the evening. The Sat. before the procedure the kids and I decided to go see a matinee of Rogue Nation while the wife was working. Yep, monster bucket of popcorn. I happily munched away during the whole movie. While walking to the car it hit me, ah cwap! It's the end of Dec., no way to schedule another one before the end of the year. Got home and told the wife, she said you better call the doc. I deliberated a while and decided the heck with it, I'm just going to do it anyway and not say anything. The clean out didn't go real well, I told the doc Mon. morning that it probably wasn't as good as he'd like. When I read the report it said that they couldn't complete the procedure on the right side, I wasn't clean enough, too many seed hulls messing w/the scope. I felt kind of stoopid but he was nice about it. I actually didn't clean out super well the previous time so I had an extra dose of the magnesium sludge. I think I'll mention when I schedule again in 5 years that I slipped up the last time so really don't need the maximum blow out solution that I'm sure he's going to prescribe.

I know, TMI.............

My nephew recently died of colon cancer at age 38. He had been having some kind of intenstinal problems for awhile but apparently because of his age no one considered colon cancer. By the time it was discovered it was too late.

So us oldsters should have colonoscopies, but if you are younger and having issues, don't let your doctor (or your self) write off the possibility of cc.

I loved my first colonoscopy. The prep wasn't that bad for me. They put me on propofol or something, but I came out of it feeling better than I have felt in a long long time. Dr. said he wouldn't sign on to getting me monthly colonoscopies. Only every ten years he said. oh well.

I was very fearful of getting one. Since my grandfather and uncle both ended up with colon cancer, it was in my best interest to have it done.
The worst part was drinking the solution. I plugged my nose and chugged it. The aftermath of the solution just reminds me of eating my mother in law's cooking. Crap your brains out for 12 hours and then all is clear :(

As for the actual procedure, they opted to keep me awake just in case I needed to move a little. I could have cared less about what was going on? They rolled me into the room and I could see the 6' long scope hanging there...I said something about wanting to take it home with my for a new borescope!

Get it done. All they found inside was cheese logs and beef jerky from when I was a kid!
Mmmmm.. chunky and chewy! ;)

Colonoscopies aren't that bad, the drugs are good and there is nothing better that having something stuck up your behind with 2 good looking women watching you get something stuck up your behind. It could have been the drugs making the women look good but still they looked good

Colonoscopies aren't that bad, the drugs are good and there is nothing better that having something stuck up your behind with 2 good looking women watching you get something stuck up your behind. It could have been the drugs making the women look good but still they looked good

Is that akin to the women in the bar look prettier at closing time?

Hey, Arf The Wonder Chicken never got that loaded!

A proctologist got a nice new sports car and was heading home above the speed limit when a cop car pulled off of an overpass and hit his lights on.

The doc pulled over and rolled down his window as the policeman walked up.

The cops asks him, "you seem to be in a hurry; going somewhere in particular?".

The doc said, "I'm a proctologist and just heading home after working on a six foot a$$hole.".

The cops said, "How the hell do you get a six foot a$$hole!?!".

The doc replies, "You put a police uniform on him, give him a radar gun and place him on an overpass:p".

Driving home from the procedure my wife stopped at a traffic light next to a bakery shop and they were baking chocolate chip cookies. The aroma was incredible and intense.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top