JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
More details in the NFA Section (where it should have been posted in the first place.....)

Romanian DRACO SBR

gevu5yma.jpg turutu9a.jpg 4yhyvude.jpg

Here are the build details

-Romanian DRACO pistol (registered as an SBR)
-Ultimak top rail shortened for the Draco
-magpul 870 hand guard, channeled for the barrel, side relief cuts for the ultimak, aluminum rear tang insert (standard bar stock that fits the dimensions of the hand guard slot)
-Carolina Shooter Supply AR style handguard bracket (doubles as a recoil lug)
-magpul AK grip
-ACE AR style folder
-rear trunion machined and tapped to accommodate folding mechanism
-Magpul CTR stock assembly

Last Edited:
I was just over on arfcom looking at this and asked you a question about the process. ;)
There are some other threads around on how to attach magpul stuff to AKs. Looks really good.

Nice AK. Kinda looks like that stolen one...just sayin.
I'm assuming sarcasm here since it was a 14" saiga .223 that was stolen and this is a 10.5" Romanian DRACO 7.62x39, also registered with the ATF as a Short Barrel Rifle.....

I was just over on arfcom looking at this and asked you a question about the process. ;)
There are some other threads around on how to attach magpul stuff to AKs. Looks really good.
Sorry, after posting on the rifle forum here, I realized it should have been posted in the NFA section. Here is the link to the NFA post that also explains the handguard attachment: http://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/first-ak-sbr.164969/#post-1074635

The rear aluminum tab is just held in with friction (angled so it acts as a spring for retention). It could be drilled and tapped into the receiver though. Saiga Rifles already have that hole, so it would be easy to drill and tap the aluminum to match up to the receiver hole. The handguard itself has a rectagular slot that the aluminum fits pretty tight into, used a dead blow to get it in there. It won't come out since there are no longitudinal forces on it since the front Carolina Shooter Supply Bracket acts as a recoil lug

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top