JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
it seems all three shippers now require you to be a FFL to ship, other than back to the manufacture for repair. (I recently sent a firearm to a manufacturer directly)
I was going to use SMG Shipmygun.com but their website is malfunctioning

Last Edited:
I tried 5 times and got an error. every time my account charged but didn't get a shipping label. I might need to see if a gunshop can help me ship the firearm I sold on gunbroker. Hmm.. I wonder if the receiving ffl can give me a label..

If asked what's in the box, remember this phrase: "None of your bubbleguming business".

If they insist, and you don't wish to go somewhere else: "Machined parts".

I have shipped my fair share of stuff over the decades, not once has anyone actually asked me what's in the package. I also pay and print labels at home, rather than at the carriers office. Have the thing packaged and labeled before you get there and just drop it off.

It's the Biden admin. it all changed recently

This has been discussed here before. Best thing you can do is have an FFL ship for you in exchange for a fee. I remember back in the day paying $50 for an FFL to ship a handgun for me.

Even as an FFL, FedEx/UPS require you to sign a separate "firearms contract" and agree to a dozen different stipulations above and beyond the usual contract requirements, including the right of FedEx/UPS to audit your shipping records upon request. I don't know what choice a brick and mortar FFL retailer has in this, but for small FFLs it is just one more cut on the way to a thousand.

The enemy is waging not just legal, but also economic warfare on this community.

Okay for non-dealers to ship long guns in USPS, not okay for handguns.

When I was selling handguns on GB, I found it simpler to just give it to my local FFL to do it. He'd charge a fee that included the shipping. Which was usually not much more than what I charged to the buyer for shipping. My FFL used USPS, they came around once a day anyway and picked up his outgoing packages.

Previously mentioned, the thing about running your own labels and dropping off (or having your carrier pick up), that's golden advice. That's how I shipped long guns through USPS. This cuts out questions from counter clerks.

This has been discussed here before. Best thing you can do is have an FFL ship for you in exchange for a fee. I remember back in the day paying $50 for an FFL to ship a handgun for me.

Even as an FFL, FedEx/UPS require you to sign a separate "firearms contract" and agree to a dozen different stipulations above and beyond the usual contract requirements, including the right of FedEx/UPS to audit your shipping records upon request. I don't know what choice a brick and mortar FFL retailer has in this, but for small FFLs it is just one more cut on the way to a thousand.

The enemy is waging not just legal, but also economic warfare on this community.
Almost every payment processor also will not process firearms payment. This country is so fct. But, thats another topic.
options right now are USPS, have a local gun shop ship it, or possibly Shipmygun if they ever figure out why their system is not working.
I have to wait till I get the money order from the buyer anyway.

Too bad about the Shipmygun fail. I've never yet used them, but have considered it.
Their system is fully automated. The only thing the representatives can do is, actually logging into your account on their end and trying to enter the info.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top