JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This thread was only made this evening and it already has 8 pages! The forum really has strong feelings about this topic!

I like my 5.11 Rush 72 backpack and use it daily to move my laptop, lunch, water bottle, umbrella, and medkit etc to and from work. It's "sandstone" and has molle all over it. I could live without the color and most of the molle, but I just love the capacity of it. All of the statements, mannerisms, or general tactical d-baggery behavior of tactical folks, yeah, I could live without that.

That's what ultimately spurned me from doing tactical 2 gun matches, I'd be winning matches but the derp tactical people involved were too imbecilic to be around multiple hours for a match, that and stand around for 3 hours to shoot for less than 5 minutes, who has time for that?

edit: what I never got was the fancy terms for safety glasses and ear muffs. Now they are "ear pro and eye pro" or "eyes and ears" - it's like academics who use lingo to try and elevate themselves above regular conversation.

Last Edited:
I have yet to see a, "drop leg holster" on the Black Powder Range. :cool:
il_fullxfull.375849022_1ksx.jpg il_570xN.2221886213_fcmy.jpg

Even at work now, I get "side-eyes" from the guys who clearly have an issue with me wearing blue jeans and running shoes on the range -- it's unspoken that I am not cool enough, since I am sporting no battle-belt, no IFAK, no plate-carrier and my ball-cap actually has an MLB logo on it, not the brand of some boutique AR-manufacturer...

And speaking of firearms-related terms, am I the only one who's annoyed by acronyms such as "EDC?"

P.S. - I do love 5-11 "Apex" pants, they're the best man-pants ever invented (stretchy! lots zip pockets! did I mention: stretchy!)

Given this is 2021, you can't so confidently appreciate a pair of legs anymore, need to see the whole subject just to be sure (shoulders, hands, neck, etc) That deception game is getting sophisticated.
Crikey! She's a he! :eek:

full.gif

Last Edited:
P.S. - I do love 5-11 "Apex" pants, they're the best man-pants ever invented (stretchy! lots zip pockets! did I mention: stretchy!)
I love my TruSpec pants. I tried 5.11 pants, and just can't wear 'em. They ride up too high.
Or my balls hang too low. One or the other. Or mebbe both, I don't know. It's complicated... :oops:

I'd rather hear people use popular nomenclature, than hear "clip", "assaultrifle", or "bullets" and the like incorrectlly.
Also I say shotti not shotty, am I pronouncing it wrong.

I'd rather hear people use popular nomenclature, than hear "clip", "assaultrifle", or "bullets" and the like incorrectlly.
Also I say shotti not shotty, am I pronouncing it wrong.
I can understand that, personally, compared to correct use of tactical terms, I am more bothered by people not understanding the difference between loose and lose, or that "prolly" isn't a word and they are trying to use the word "probably."

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top