JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I put those mouse bait boxes under the hood of my vehicles. I had a problem once with mice living IN the hood of my truck-in the voids. Did the mouse bait thing afew years back and no more problem. I use something called TOMCAT!I dont like using posions but war is war. You could always use a catch/release trap but they will come back-ask me how I know!!! I have, also, had a couple problems with certain birds wanting to nest in the engine bays of a couple vehicles I dont drive often. I had a local tell me to leave the hood on whatever vehicle is the issue UP just a bit.I often wondered ,out where I live in the boonies ,why a saw lots of vehicles parked with the hoods up.The birds nest in the engine bays for protection. Open hood NO protection! I put a short piece of wood about 1 foot long under the hood to leave a gap and strap it down for windy conditions.
I have glue traps, spring traps, a bucket trap that caught two recently (it has a tip over thing that dumps them in a bucket of water and they drown) and I use poison.

Releasing them doesn't work; as you say, they just come back. When I mowed an area near the house, there was a mouse every five feet. That is where they come from. The local owl and fox hunt them - seen both doing it.

I've had mice come out of the vehicles when I opened the door to get in.

I had a mouse come out from under the hood while I was driving in traffic.

I've put traps inside my car and caught mice (I caught two in the house last night).

I see where they build nests and eat food in the engine compartment.

I paid $1K+ to have wiring repaired in the passenger rear quarter panel - shop had to take the underside apart and remove a nest and repair the wiring.

Mice have done thousands in damage to my house and vehicles - I hate them with a passion.

View attachment 1188269
I hate mice too. I think I had 7 dead when I made my cabin trip earlier this month. I caught two more while I was there. I rebaited traps and I plan to get back down in May. I won't be surprised if there are a bunch more. I wish I had a warm blooded pet snake that could live down there year round.

I hate mice too. I think I had 7 dead when I made my cabin trip earlier this month. I caught two more while I was there. I rebaited traps and I plan to get back down in May. I won't be surprised if there are a bunch more. I wish I had a warm blooded pet snake that could live down there year round.
We have a couple local feral cats that help tremendously also along with lots of raptors/snakes and small preditors!

We have a couple local feral cats that help tremendously also along with lots of raptors/snakes and small preditors!
Neighbor has a "barn cat" or two, and they occasionally come by.

Used to have neighbor dogs come by too - but they would get into fights and cause problems so they are now kept on a leash - so no mouse/gopher hunting for them anymore.

If you have rodent problems and neighborhood cats you can get the cats to help. Place we used to live we were having a hell of a time with Roof Rats. At first traps worked in the attic. The critters learned to avoid, so went to chemical warfare. That worked but the damn things would die up there and smell for a while. I would see them outside at dusk. Almost bought an air rifle to try to shoot the little buggers. I found some catnip I had forgotten about that was for our cats before they died of old age. Its sold for humans in health food area. Not sure what the hell people do with it but cats go NUTS for it. Would put some out front on the drive. Before long several cats were all over it. While hanging around the place they would clean out the rats before they could make it into the house. So for years I was putting the stuff out now and then to keep the cats coming around now and then.

I learned a long time ago to never judge someone by the car they drive. One of my best friends has a nice truck and his wife drives a nice car, but his daily driver is a beat up old junker; he loves it because he's tight with a buck and it gets great mileage. If you'd see him get out of it in his dirty work clothes, you'd think he lived under a bridge or something.

I remember a friend of my dad's way back when. He drove a junky old 2wd pickup. I was once behind him waiting to cross a flooded road (due to the flood water it was one-way at a time). As we waited, I saw him get out of his truck, hobble over and pick up a piece of wet firewood floating in the floodwaters at the edge of the road. He tossed it in the back of his truck, no doubt to take home and burn in the wood stove- waste not, want not! You wouldn't have guessed that he was one of the biggest land-owners in the county.

For me, I just don't put a lot of priority in a nice vehicle. I drive a 25 year old truck that I bought 21 years ago. Other than tires and oil changes, I doubt I've spent $1,000 total in repairs/maintenance during that time. It's like the Energizer bunny. A flashy new vehicle means nothing to me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top