JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1687358080419.png

I am more or less happy content where I am - living alone in quiet solitude (more or less). Not a cabin, but a smaller(ish) (1700SF) house on 16 acres (half forested) with a few neighbors sprinkled around on a private road. Kids live 20 minutes away on the edge of suburbia but wish they too were living like I do.

Pretty much no one bothers me - occasionally a neighbor might need a hand with something or a tool or advice, but that is rare and I don't mind (usually) as they are very good about returning the favor or volunteering without my asking.
Aside from love of family and patriotic duty, there is nothing in this world finer than quality neighbors, regardless how many feet or acres separate you.

Aside from love of family and patriotic duty, there is nothing in this world finer than quality neighbors, regardless how many feet or acres separate you.
Agree, yet.

One bad egg spoils the bunch...
Let me tell you a little story about my "neighbors"... :mad::mad::mad:

Agree, yet.

One bad egg spoils the bunch...
So far I have been relatively pleased with my neighbors. The one really good neighbor who moved to Montana was replaced with neighbors who seem fine - I don't have too much interaction with them, which is the case with all of my neighbors. Only one is slightly less neighborly in not paying their share of the road maintenance - but a different neighbor more than makes up for their reluctance by paying a major share of the cost. That is a minor issue - everybody pretty much minds their own business otherwise.

One neighbor lets me use their garbage can for my small sack of weekly garbage, another uses his snow blower to clear my driveway (without me asking), the neighbor who pays for most of the road costs regularly mows the grass along the road and then uses a blower to get rid of the clippings (I sometimes help if I hear him mowing). Another neighbor has lent me his tractor once. None of them are annoying.

So far I have been relatively pleased with my neighbors. The one really good neighbor who moved to Montana was replaced with neighbors who seem fine - I don't have too much interaction with them, which is the case with all of my neighbors. Only one is slightly less neighborly in not paying their share of the road maintenance - but a different neighbor more than makes up for their reluctance by paying a major share of the cost. That is a minor issue - everybody pretty much minds their own business otherwise.

One neighbor lets me use their garbage can for my small sack of weekly garbage, another uses his snow blower to clear my driveway (without me asking), the neighbor who pays for most of the road costs regularly mows the grass along the road and then uses a blower to get rid of the clippings (I sometimes help if I hear him mowing). Another neighbor has lent me his tractor once. None of them are annoying.
Lucky... :(

The "neighbors" (term used very loosely) behind me are certified asshats. Had to call the cops on them at 0300 hrs to shut their noise last weekend. Again...

The ones who live behind my next door neighbor are also certified asshats. They have this stoo-pit mutt that they throw in the backyard kennel and it barks non-stop All. Damn. Day. And. Night. Long. I want it dead. Or them. Doesn't matter which...

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top