JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
holder.jpg

Bruce

Shot in the head through the door of their cabin - a closed door - while holding her infant. By a Fed.
Not exactly closed... Vicki was standing behind the open door of their cabin that Randy was running in through, just after he had been hit twice by Horiuchi (my emphasis added). Everything else you say is true.

From the article in Wikipedia:

Sniper shoots: R. Weaver is wounded, V. Weaver is killed
Before the negotiators arrived at the cabin, FBI sniper Lon Horiuchi, from a position over 200 yards (180 m) north and above the Weaver cabin,[82] shot and wounded Randy Weaver in the back with the bullet exiting his right armpit, while he was lifting the latch on the shed to visit the body of his dead son.[83] (The sniper testified at the later trial that he had put his crosshairs on Weaver's spine, but Weaver moved at the last second.[84]) As Weaver, his 16-year-old daughter Sara,[85] and Harris ran back toward the cabin, Horiuchi fired a second bullet, wounding Harris in the chest. This bullet killed Vicki Weaver, who was standing behind the door of the cabin when Harris entered.[86] Vicki was holding the Weavers' 10-month-old baby Elisheba.

Yeah, this is what worries me. I'm in my mid to later years, lost all my family, 2 children, both sisters, a brother, and my Mom. All in the last 3 years. I just want to get a cozy little home on a few acres and just ignore the entire world and be left alone.

But that's a sign of being a looney right wing extremist these days. I currently live on a boat, in a marina. Daily I get asked questions about my personal life, what I'm doing to keep busy, who I'm dating, on and on.

Admittedly, I live on a large 52' boat and people are curious what its like living on it. I try to be polite but vague as possible.

Note: its a boat. Rich, self entitled butt wipes own yachts, blue collar working men own boats. I tell my girlfriend to refer to it as a canoe. 🤣

It doesn't help that its moored front n center of a busy tourist area 75 feet away from a very nice Thai restaurant.

I just dream of a quiet, peaceful little cabin off the beaten path. I have not had a quiet nor easy life. That little cabin I dream of brings me a lot of hope. :)

Yeah, this is what worries me. I'm in my mid to later years, lost all my family, 2 children, both sisters, a brother, and my Mom. All in the last 3 years. I just want to get a cozy little home on a few acres and just ignore the entire world and be left alone.

But that's a sign of being a looney right wing extremist these days. I currently live on a boat, in a marina. Daily I get asked questions about my personal life, what I'm doing to keep busy, who I'm dating, on and on.

Admittedly, I live on a large 52' boat and people are curious what its like living on it. I try to be polite but vague as possible.

Note: its a boat. Rich, self entitled butt wipes own yachts, blue collar working men own boats. I tell my girlfriend to refer to it as a canoe. 🤣

It doesn't help that its moored front n center of a busy tourist area 75 feet away from a very nice Thai restaurant.

I just dream of a quiet, peaceful little cabin off the beaten path. I have not had a quiet nor easy life. That little cabin I dream of brings me a lot of hope. :)
I am more or less happy content where I am - living alone in quiet solitude (more or less). Not a cabin, but a smaller(ish) (1700SF) house on 16 acres (half forested) with a few neighbors sprinkled around on a private road. Kids live 20 minutes away on the edge of suburbia but wish they too were living like I do.

Pretty much no one bothers me - occasionally a neighbor might need a hand with something or a tool or advice, but that is rare and I don't mind (usually) as they are very good about returning the favor or volunteering without my asking.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews