JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There are lots of methods to start one, but should you light one??
A fire says, OVER HERE bad guys....
I pack more of the instant hand heater packets to keep moving than fire making gear that keeps you stationary.

Dual Survival is a hoot! Those guys bicker more than the husband and wife team! Good entertainment and information both!

Plus the show is a total lie! They had an episode where they were stranded in the Olympic rain forest and needed to get to the coast and find some food. Talking about what kind of wilderness it is when they have to cross Highway 101 at some point. From the rain forest to the coast you have to cross the highway. Some wilderness. Then they had to find some food. There solution.....shoot a wild turkey. Big problem for creditability. THERE ARE NO TURKEYS IN THE OLYMPIC RAIN FOREST. I will never watch that show again. It is a total Lie!

There are lots of methods to start one, but should you light one??
A fire says, OVER HERE bad guys....
I pack more of the instant hand heater packets to keep moving than fire making gear that keeps you stationary.
a small hot fire under a large tree is not really smoky at all and the smoke that does come out is distributed by the tree and its branches.

I bought a crud load of bic lighters as well as a ton of coglans ferro rods a while back. Keep them just about everywhere. One or two in just about every single pack, car, purse, etc.

Plus the show is a total lie! They had an episode where they were stranded in the Olympic rain forest and needed to get to the coast and find some food. Talking about what kind of wilderness it is when they have to cross Highway 101 at some point. From the rain forest to the coast you have to cross the highway. Some wilderness. Then they had to find some food. There solution.....shoot a wild turkey. Big problem for creditability. THERE ARE NO TURKEYS IN THE OLYMPIC RAIN FOREST. I will never watch that show again. It is a total Lie!

Aren't they all, rdb? LOL!

With regards to the Vaseline coated cotton balls. Wouldn't having a container of Vaseline be a good idea as well? I mean you can get small ones and they would easily fit into you BOB and you would be able to coat nearly anything, pocket lint, dry leaves, small sticks, etc, etc, etc. Just thinking out loud.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top