JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sorry but I get so sick and tired of people who complain about pay only to find out they are receiving X amount of dollars in pension/retirement. You did your time for whatever agency/job is now paying you, and sometimes more than what you were making when working, so why do you feel the need to engage in debates about job searches/income etc.?

For about 15 years I determined eligibility for disability benefits including General Assistance, Food Stamps, Medicaid, long term care such as nursing home, adult foster home, and assisted living. For 3½ of those years I determined eligibility for long term disability benefits through a large insurance company.

Is there any way to reverse-engineer that, work for the claimants? Are there SSI lawyers that need expert consultants, for example? Just an idea...

Dude... go to a temp agency.

Zepoll, Great idea! PM sent!

North Dakota oil fields will hire drivers right away.

Trust me, if I could get the wife on board I'd be off to work there in a second. I don't mind the cold.

Is there any way to reverse-engineer that, work for the claimants? Are there SSI lawyers that need expert consultants, for example? Just an idea...

That's an EXCELLENT idea, and one that I'll look in to!

I had the same delusions. I was self-employed construction contractor for 5 years, the last 3 of which were getting progressively worse and worse, until finally the cost to stay in business was almost starting to exceed my profits. I shut it down, and started putting out applications for project management positions with all the big companies. Over a decade of construction experience, 120 credit hours (quit just shy of a degree), great references from everyone I'd ever worked for previously, young, fit, handsome, clean cut, well-spoken and articulate... "I'll have some lame, but comfortable, salaried gig with benefits in about a month." Nope.

A year later, living on savings and selling guns, tools, and climbing equipment to pay bills and keep my family of 6.5 fed, I finally accepted a foreman position with a small roofing company, running one of their two residential crews. I'm back to working my *** off for a piece rate, as though the last 6 years of my life count for nothing.

It's brutal out there, gentlemen.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top