JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sorry but I get so sick and tired of people who complain about pay only to find out they are receiving X amount of dollars in pension/retirement. You did your time for whatever agency/job is now paying you, and sometimes more than what you were making when working, so why do you feel the need to engage in debates about job searches/income etc.?

For about 15 years I determined eligibility for disability benefits including General Assistance, Food Stamps, Medicaid, long term care such as nursing home, adult foster home, and assisted living. For 3½ of those years I determined eligibility for long term disability benefits through a large insurance company.

Is there any way to reverse-engineer that, work for the claimants? Are there SSI lawyers that need expert consultants, for example? Just an idea...

Dude... go to a temp agency.

Zepoll, Great idea! PM sent!

North Dakota oil fields will hire drivers right away.

Trust me, if I could get the wife on board I'd be off to work there in a second. I don't mind the cold.

Is there any way to reverse-engineer that, work for the claimants? Are there SSI lawyers that need expert consultants, for example? Just an idea...

That's an EXCELLENT idea, and one that I'll look in to!

I had the same delusions. I was self-employed construction contractor for 5 years, the last 3 of which were getting progressively worse and worse, until finally the cost to stay in business was almost starting to exceed my profits. I shut it down, and started putting out applications for project management positions with all the big companies. Over a decade of construction experience, 120 credit hours (quit just shy of a degree), great references from everyone I'd ever worked for previously, young, fit, handsome, clean cut, well-spoken and articulate... "I'll have some lame, but comfortable, salaried gig with benefits in about a month." Nope.

A year later, living on savings and selling guns, tools, and climbing equipment to pay bills and keep my family of 6.5 fed, I finally accepted a foreman position with a small roofing company, running one of their two residential crews. I'm back to working my *** off for a piece rate, as though the last 6 years of my life count for nothing.

It's brutal out there, gentlemen.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR