JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
True, but would you fork out $700.00+ for a Sig and run it through the same tests/abuses? Different with a fine lookin' sexy pistol. Just sayin'.
HELL NO!! Which is why you most likely will not see that. I have to guess the untold hours of video of people trying to destroy a HP is done because so many "assume" they have to be unsafe junk due to price. When that original carbine hit that looked so much like the original Planet Apes guns was before the net. I saw them selling for $150 or so and I immediately assumed they were throw away junk. Then a buddy bought one and I got to shoot it. We burned a half case of ammo that day and it never stopped. I was actually shocked. Only thing that kept me from buying over the years was the damn proprietary mags. I still damn near bought one a few times. It was the same with the first Kel-Tec I bought. One daughter striking out on her own was gifted my last "coat pocket gun", a 5 shot .38. When I went to replace it sales guy was trying to get me to try the KT that was the same size and held 11 9mm. Price was cheaper than the little .38's I was looking at and I was leery to trust him. He talked me into buying it and I still have it to this day. Along with a few other guns of theirs. When I got on the net I was of course reading a TON of negative stuff about them. Did not take long to see that most of it was people who had never actually owned one. They were like me, assuming they had to be crap because they were just too cheap.

No, uglier
The FIRST gun we bought back in 2010 was for wifey. She needed a gun because I'd just got my dad's guns which included a very usable S&W .38 and a Ruger match target. The mistake we made was getting her a mouse gun in 9mm. A Keltec PF9. I can't help but think we may have ended up with a High Point if we had not been focused, mistakenly, on a "small" gun for the lady. :s0112:

Among "things you'd wish you'd never seen" in life, the first page of this thread ranks up there with:

A) The inside of my own arm socket during surgery
B) Any Rosie O'Donnell movie
C) Child autopsies
D) Contents of Hunter's hard drive
E) That ludicrous rendition of "The Star Spangled Banner" by that Florida Man/meth addict before the Jaguars/Titans game the other day.

/thread

This may seem like a good deal but you have to consider the long term costs. Studies show 9 out of 10 people would rather commit sepuku/hair-kari than own such an ugly gun. So long term it's going to bite you.

I mean sure you saved $200, but then your intestines are spread all over the living room floor, and that's no good.

AAF8F878-36F3-48FA-B4AB-4A000E27F092.jpeg

Last Edited:
I can still swing the Glock but my budget side has a tough time turning down a sub $100 9mm even if it has a cast slide.
While they are the definition of ugly they just seem to work. Not to mention the company stands behind the damn things to the point they put many "big names" to shame. Will be interesting to see how it shakes out after you get it. I would bet it will just work and I doubt you would live long enough or ever be able to afford enough ammo to ever wear it out.

While they are the definition of ugly they just seem to work. Not to mention the company stands behind the damn things to the point they put many "big names" to shame. Will be interesting to see how it shakes out after you get it. I would bet it will just work and I doubt you would live long enough or ever be able to afford enough ammo to ever wear it out.
It's brand new unfired so whether it works good or not is an unkown. First thing I'll do is take out the mag safety disconnect, lube the slide, rack the slide a bunch of times and dry fire it. I have owned some of them in the past and they were fine. I still have a couple of the carbines in 40 and 45 they work fine as well. I am not expecting any major problems.

SafeFire in Camas has a 9mm Hi Point in their rental fleet.

At least once in life everyone should experience shooting one! They truly are "interesting" guns to handle and shoot.

Last Edited:
SafeFire in Camas has a 9mm HI Point in their rental fleet.

At least once in life everyone should experience shooting one! They truly are "interesting" guns to handle and shoot.
Note to self, add that to the list of things I never want to do, right after skinny dipping at the North Pole, dinner with Rosie O'Donnell, and taking a shotgun blast to the face. :p

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top