JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Holy cow! I didn't know Springfield ever made a 10 mm in a long slide. That thing is cool! Great score!

Please tell me it came in safely and FedEx didn't screw up the shipment. Ya never know with those guys.

Nice. For me, I always have the "this is the final thing I need" moment. And then I come in the forum and suddenly there is something else I need.

I gotta get me a 10mm 1911
Sucks the Tisas gave you trouble.

I may go the RIA route myself.

The TRP series is about as good as it gets for a production 1911. I've heard nothing and I mean nothing bad about them.

Nice. For me, I always have the "this is the final thing I need" moment. And then I come in the forum and suddenly there is something else I need.

I gotta get me a 10mm 1911
Sucks the Tisas gave you trouble.

I may go the RIA route myself.
IT WASN'T THE TISAS.
It was the Girsan. My dealer had nothing but praise for the Girsans that he'd sold. But mine was the 1st HUNTER 6" that he had in his shop.
In my experience, I'd say go for it, but insist that it comes from the wholesaler Davidson's.
Their LIFETIME GUARANTEE saved my butt.

I don't know what your budget is, but if you can swing it, go with a DAN WESSON.

They ain't cheap, but the quality is the best production gun I know of, and very apparent from the moment it hits your hand.

Heres me shooting my 4.25" VBOB with some HOT Underwood Dangerous Game loads.

The TRP series is about as good as it gets for a production 1911. I've heard nothing and I mean nothing bad about them.
This is my 2nd go with this model. I sold the 1st 1after 2 weeks.
The gun was good, but that's when they came out with the CMMG BANSHEE 10MM.

I wanted that so I sold the TRP.

I would have to say that in my experience, DAN WESSON is by far the best production 1911.

The BANSHEE is fantastic, but now I have both.

IT WASN'T THE TISAS.
It was the Girsan. My dealer had nothing but praise for the Girsans that he'd sold. But mine was the 1st HUNTER 6" that he had in his shop.
In my experience, I'd say go for it, but insist that it comes from the wholesaler Davidson's.
Their LIFETIME GUARANTEE saved my butt.
My apologies. All the Turkish stuff blends together. But I do know I was eyeing the one you had picked up. I've heard hit and miss stories but I'm with you, if I pick up a 10mm, 1911 it's gotta be the 6" model to better take advantage of the 10mm cartridge.

I have had great luck with my RIA Tac 1911 double stack in 10mm. It has never had any issues aside from flinging brass so far you loose a few. 17+1 is a lot of meat protection!

The wife and I are on vacation in Whitefish Montana right now. Doing Glacier National Park. I picked up" BIG BABY" on our way out of town.
I've been dying to break her in, but we've been doing the Park thing. We did a motorcycle ride around Flathead Lake today, and had some time left in the day, so SHE suggested we get some range time.
Called Cabelas and got a suggestion on a local spot in the woods.
I did a field cleaning with some Hoppes CLP.
She is definitely a virgin!

20230828_165652.jpg 20230828_165712.jpg 20230828_165752.jpg 20230828_165732.jpg 20230828_165726.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top