JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok, right up front ... I LOVE 10MM!

I have most of the usual pistol calibers. 22, 38/357. Have had some 45acp, but got out of that years ago because I like 10 better.

So over the years I've been expanding my 10 collection. Nuthin stupid fancy like Ed Brown etc, but some nice Dan Wessons (my fave).

The current collection was missing a long slide. This year has seen me try some that just didn't work out.

Girsan Hunter FDE
A good price, but a real POS.
I got my local FFL to order 1 from Davidsons.
She was pretty, for sure. FDE with black controls. BUT, she could barely hit the proverbial broadside. At 15 yrds, it hit 1 1/2' at the 8 o'clock. I ran 115 rnds of S&B through it before the firing pin retaining plate dropped out. UGH.

My dealer took it back and gave me a refund, so I bought a lightly used G40 from him. Although Im not a Glock fan, I thought that I would try it.

I want to run a pistol scope. But the G40 cant handle it without bending the "pig nose". So the G40 doesn't meet my needs.

Since a plastic gun wont do, that left me with a 1911. It had to be a 10mm, 6" with a pic rail with more than 1 slot. DW has the BRUIN & KODIAK, neither of which have a multi slot pic.

The ONLY option was something not currently being produced.

SPRINGFIELD ARMORY TRP OPERATOR 10mm.

After months of watching Gun Broker & other similar sites, I found what appears to be an example that is practically new.

She's in the semi capable hands of FedEx right now, scheduled to hit my dealer tomorrow.

TRP OPERATOR BIG BABY.jpg G40 SCOPED.jpg

10mm is a great caliber. Some people think 10mm is just 1 more mm that 9mm and that is true if you only look to the 40 S&W. I like to say that true 10mm's go to 11 on the dial. Mines a Sig P-220 Legion.

Nice job finding one. Kimber makes a very similar long slide 10mm 1911 w/ target sights. Did you compare the two, and/or what made you decide on the Springfield?
The Kimber crossed my radar. But, it didnt offer a pic rail. If I stepped up to the Super J, I would only have an optic. The TRP offered me to have all the boxes checked. I almost talked myself into a customized DW KODIAK on GB., But $2600 was too much. But it was close, as I really like DW products.

She came into my lgs this afternoon. I stopped by and picked her up on our way out of town (vacation to Glacier National Park).

My assessment of her being a virgin was spot on. Still has what appears to be the factory lube. No wear of any kind.

She came into my lgs this afternoon. I stopped by and picked her up on our way out of town (vacation to Glacier National Park).

My assessment of her being a virgin was spot on. Still has what appears to be the factory lube. No wear of any kind.
Reminds me of those old Penthouse stories! :eek:

Because of the "shoulder"? I've heard they are pretty equal but I've been wrong before, but only once and that's debatable :p
There are a few good articles online directly comparing .357 sig vs 9mm, and .357 sig compared to .357 magnum (or you can substitute 9mm vs .357 magnum). Worth looking at if you have the time/interest and the google fu. Energy wise there's really no comparison at all. Not sure if I saved the ballistics chart but there is a slight benefit for .357 sig over 9mm at long range. I'll see if I saved the chart, you can make your own chart at http://gundata.org/ballistic-calculator/ but basically there is a very minor advantage at long range. If looking for some penetration benefit at the cost of increased recoil than .357 sig over 9mm might be your huckleberry.

23724FEA-C692-4734-9F74-EE6626A23E06.jpeg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews