JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In the words of Yoda, "That is why you fail." Your Chevy and Jeep might be good BECAUSE they are over 10 years old. Have you seen Chevy's now-a-days?!? What a bunch of crap. Jeep was making Cherokees so bad, nobody would buy them. If you want to buy American, buy Ford. They are the only major American brand that didn't take government money. Don't even get me started on Harleys. They are the worst example of overpriced, undermade, overhyped junk on the market. That is why they are shutting down plants and laying off workers. I'll write what many believe, but few will actually say:

You can get a better quality ride, at half the price, if you buy a Japanese made bike.

+Eleventybillion, lets not mention all the Japanese parts on a Harley either.

In the words of Yoda, "That is why you fail." Your Chevy and Jeep might be good BECAUSE they are over 10 years old. Have you seen Chevy's now-a-days?!? What a bunch of crap. Jeep was making Cherokees so bad, nobody would buy them. If you want to buy American, buy Ford. They are the only major American brand that didn't take government money. Don't even get me started on Harleys. They are the worst example of overpriced, undermade, overhyped junk on the market. That is why they are shutting down plants and laying off workers. I'll write what many believe, but few will actually say:

You can get a better quality ride, at half the price, if you buy a Japanese made bike.

Have you ever owned a Harley? I don't think so or you wouldn't be blowing that kind of smoke. I have a shovelhead bought new in 1984 original engine still running strong. Try that with one of your ricer's.. and my Harley is worth more now than I paid for it 25 yrs. ago. And how much is that 25 yr. old Honda worth? I think I'm wasting my breath or time here.You seem to be way to turned around to ever get it. Harley sales are down because the country is week. The country is week, because people that think like you, have not been supporting it. When support is lost all things will fall, even this once proud and powerhouse of a nation...then it will be to late to see the light.

Have you ever owned a Harley? I don't think so or you wouldn't be blowing that kind of smoke. I have a shovelhead bought new in 1984 original engine still running strong. Try that with one of your ricer's.. and my Harley is worth more now than I paid for it 25 yrs. ago. And how much is that 25 yr. old Honda worth? I think I'm wasting my breath or time here.You seem to be way to turned around to ever get it. Harley sales are down because the country is week. The country is week, because people that think like you, have not been supporting it. When support is lost all things will fall, even this once proud and powerhouse of a nation...then it will be to late to see the light.

I was in the M/C business when I was younger that's why I won't own a Harley.

I don't mean to down your bike but the big surge in Harley's popularity came from yuppies that wanted to pose as tough guys along with a government sanctioned protectionism taxes against importing bikes over 700cc's. As for your assertion that Harley's are more dependable than any Japanese bike, all I can do is laugh.

I will put up the stock factory 600cc Japanese bike of my choosing against any/all stock factory Harley of your choosing, regardless of size, with complete confidence that the Harley will lose badly. And before you say the Harley isn't a race bike, then I will put it up against a Wing for cruising. 95% of the Harley's at the bike weeks around the country are trailer in.

That said when a person has told me they wanted to buy a Harley, I've told them to buy a Harley not a Japanese copy because it is the image they are after not the bike regardless of the fact that the copy is superior in every way.

I don't mean to down your bike but the big surge in Harley's popularity came from yuppies that wanted to pose as tough guys along with a government sanctioned protectionism taxes against importing bikes over 700cc's. As for your assertion that Harley's are more dependable than any Japanese bike, all I can do is laugh.

I will put up the stock factory 600cc Japanese bike of my choosing against any/all stock factory Harley of your choosing, regardless of size, with complete confidence that the Harley will lose badly. And before you say the Harley isn't a race bike, then I will put it up against a Wing for cruising. 95% of the Harley's at the bike weeks around the country are trailer in.

That said when a person has told me they wanted to buy a Harley, I've told them to buy a Harley not a Japanese copy because it is the image they are after not the bike regardless of the fact that the copy is superior in every way.

I have been on Harely's for over 40 yrs. so be hard to change my mind on that. I road yamaha dirt bikes back when I raced MX, but they are throwaway when you are finished with them. I ride Harley's because I like them, not for any image they might reflect. If something does go wrong with them, you can dig into your tool box and repair the problem without special tools. They can also be works of art if you care to do some custom work. I'll send you a few flix of mine if you like, I do all my own work, never been to a shop in 25 yrs. no yuppie here. As far as a race goes, my race days are over. I will say though, that my old well tuned Hog can be lugged down to ten mph in top gear and pull all the way to over a 100..try that with anything else. :)

My cousin worked at a Harley shop and owned a Yamaha. He pulled into a auto parts dealer and was getting of his bike when a guy on a Harley pulled up. The man turned to him and asked him when he was going to get a "real" bike. My cousin responded "I work at a Harley dealer, and I'm already riding a 'real' bike". The man walked away in disgust, but I have to say I would trust the service writer long before some guy wearing a brain bucket tries to tell me his "Hog" is better built.

I have been on Harely's for over 40 yrs. so be hard to change my mind on that. I road yamaha dirt bikes back when I raced MX, but they are throwaway when you are finished with them. I ride Harley's because I like them, not for any image they might reflect. If something does go wrong with them, you can dig into your tool box and repair the problem without special tools. They can also be works of art if you care to do some custom work. I'll send you a few flix of mine if you like, I do all my own work, never been to a shop in 25 yrs. no yuppie here. As far as a race goes, my race days are over. I will say though, that my old well tuned Hog can be lugged down to ten mph in top gear and pull all the way to over a 100..try that with anything else. :)

I don't knock your choice in bikes, all bikes are cool from a Z50 on up, I just firmly beleive that Japanese bikes are the best quality and technology sold.

That said I own a 1994 Ducati 900ss not because it's faster or better than the equivalent Japanese bike but in a word it's "Sexy" so I am a poser too. :s0155:

Ya... a little bit....

Japanese bikes SUCK... Harleys are over priced and you'll never get a smooth runner out of any of them, quads or 3 wheelers are a waste of money, Helmets don't save lives, the law that says you MUST wear one is just to make some white guy in Norvell Indiana rich cause he had a good lobbyist, race cars, classic cars, women, kids and pets SUCK money out of the check.

This forum is about GUNS... AMMO..... and we shouldn't sell our US automaker to some freakin' foreign terrorist support group...:D

Did I mention that you should really just say NO to spending your money on anything other than GUNS and AMMO??? (and burger and fries.. gotta live to shoot!) :s0155:

Ya... a little bit....

Japanese bikes SUCK... Harleys are over priced and you'll never get a smooth runner out of any of them, quads or 3 wheelers are a waste of money, Helmets don't save lives, the law that says you MUST wear one is just to make some white guy in Norvell Indiana rich cause he had a good lobbyist, race cars, classic cars, women, kids and pets SUCK money out of the check.

This forum is about GUNS... AMMO..... and we shouldn't sell our US automaker to some freakin' foreign terrorist support group...:D

Did I mention that you should really just say NO to spending your money on anything other than GUNS and AMMO??? (and burger and fries.. gotta live to shoot!) :s0155:

Dude you only WISH women sucked!!!

(let's see how long THAT comment stays up...) Oops... I said "up" :D

Ya... a little bit....

The smartest quote I have read all day! :s0155:

I don't own a motorcycle of any kind, but.......

My 1999 Nissan Pickup (140K miles and counting) which was built in Tennessee will be with me longer than the piece of crap 2000 Chevrolet Lumina (less than 85K and built in Canada by the way) I just traded in on a Hyundai Santa Fe which was assembled in Alabama.

Chrysler is buillding lousy cars, if you don't believe me, check out Consumer Reports 2009 New Car Buyer's guide. Chrysler was THE ONLY car company to have ZERO cars on the recommended list this year. While some of their cars look cool IE the new Challenger, they just don't have the quality, performance, or designs to compete currently. Maybe Fiat will change that, who knows??

But remember, if Fiat didn't buy/acquire/merge with Chrysler, Chrysler would be gone.

Also, remember that they have in the past been owned by or worked with Mitsubishi(Japan), and Daimler-Mercedes(Germany).

Looks like they have completed the trifecta of working with the original Axis powers from WW2. Japan-Germany-Italy.

By the way Freightliner Heavy Trucks is still owned by Daimler, but that is a thread for another day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Fiat is owned and managed by the Italian government..... Daimler dumped Chrysler a few years back because that arrangement was dragging down Daimler. Daimler bought Freightliner quite a few years ago because they were building some of the best heavy tricks on the planet besides Mercedes, and Daimler wanted to promote sales of their own engines, far superior to the American designs and builds at the time. Both Cummins and Cat seem to have stepped up to the plate, though, and are doing better. The last decent and reliable cars Fiat made were in about 1964.... maybe 66. They tried, in vain, to comply withi Federal smog and safety regs, but they changed so often and were so unpredictable it was impossible to do the R&D and put the changes into production.... only to have to do it again next year. That alone drove almost all the European marques out of the USA market. It is a significant part of the high cost of cars on the US market, too. Air might be marginally cleaner most places, but fuel consuption and other environmental loads to make the parts and systems to comply with the regs together with the huge increase in costs have hurt us badly. I don't believe its been a good tradeoff.

What is hilarious is to read rants about "buy American, support OUR economy/country/workers". Well, consider how many "foreign" cars are made here.... Hyundai, Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Volvo, VW, Mercedes, all of them taking fewer man-hours to produce at fewer dollars per hour per man hour when compared to the Detriot Big Three. Factor in higher quality, better fit and finish, higher precision, better designs and engineering, why wonder GM and Chrysler are on their way out? If their execs can't get their game together, put the unions in their rightful place, design and built vehicles the American buyers WANT to buy at a price they will pay, why keep the dinosaur on the iron lung? Let them fail, sell off the assets, the workers can relocate and go to work for Honda or one of the others.... with the sales units shifting from GM and Chrysler to the others, there will be work available. I've seen this failure coming for at least ten years.... I've worked on cars for a living for far too long, and have seen where the industry is going. It is arriving. Its hard to stop a train moving down the track. But our guvamint, full of its own whizdumb has seen fit to step in and further muck it up. Keeping some campaign debts, I guess. Or maybe stacking the deck for the future. Business failure is to be managed by the JUDICIAL branch, not the executive or legislative. Those guys all swore to uphold, protect, and defend the Constitution. They should act like they meant it. I can get behind selling Chrysler off to Fiat far more easily than I can the executive branch of the federal government nationalising GM.... not to mention freddie and Fannie.

Well, since we are talking about FIAT and motorcycles, here is an awesome clip for people to watch. This is from this past weekend's MotoGP race. For those of you who don't know, MotoGP is the top motorcycle racing circuit in the world. FIAT is the sponsor of the greatest racer of all time, Valentino Rossi. This weekend Rossi and his teamate had an epic battle on the last lap. Check it out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI2zlqhWHB8

Now, if the mods don't shut down this thread after this, I will be shocked:s0114:.

Nathan

Notice, on the wall in the pit, at the start of the video stream, the name FIAT. Notice also the name directly below it.......

I've always been amazed at how those fast bikes work the turns.... I used to four-wheel drift sports cars at will, but doing that with only two wheels underneath? Well, THAT"s a horse of a different colour...

as to the mods shutting this one down, I've noticed that, in the main, as long as follk are being civil and the discussion is lively, they will at least part of the time look the other way.... its when the rotten tomatoes start flying, or a tit for tat back and forth breaks out they are real quick on the CLOSED buttons..... seems keeping things civil and interesting is the main deal. OH, and about firearms always helps......

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads