JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was talking to another lawyer friend of mine about this and we're under the impression that a lower or receiver would not constitute an AR under WA state law. A lower or receiver is a "firearm" as defined by federal law, but not WA state law. Since I-1639 is a state initiative, the state definition would apply. If someone has a different take on it, I'm all ears.

Thank you for responding to my question. I guess that will have to be challenged when the time comes. That's good news for everybody.

I was talking to another lawyer friend of mine about this and we're under the impression that a lower or receiver would not constitute an AR under WA state law. A lower or receiver is a "firearm" as defined by federal law, but not WA state law. Since I-1639 is a state initiative, the state definition would apply. If someone has a different take on it, I'm all ears.
My ffl told me the same thing and his intent after the law goes into affect is to stock less complete rifles and more receivers as there is no change in transferring them. Not a semi rifle until the barrel is installed.

My ffl told me the same thing and his intent after the law goes into affect is to stock less complete rifles and more receivers as there is no change in transferring them. Not a semi rifle until the barrel is installed.
Forgive my ignorance but can't 18 to 20 year olds still buy manual loading rifles for example straight pull or side charging ARs. Do you think dealers will be stocking those?

Lest we forget, the Washington State Constitution has tremendous privacy protections and firearms rights provision....

And a pre-emption on local governments for firearms law.

Even though the 2nd is the only Amendment that people feel comfortable limiting, we have a state constitution that counts...

Preemption will be dissolved in February. The democrats in the state legislature have made it a priority for next session.

Preemption will be dissolved in February. The democrats in the state legislature have made it a priority for next session.
Let's hope . Consequences never enter into liberal thought. They think that what they want to happen will be the only result. This move, if they are stupid enough to do it, will definitely have unintended consequences that will bite them on the bubblegum.

Let's hope . Consequences never enter into liberal thought. They think that what they want to happen will be the only result. This move, if they are stupid enough to do it, will definitely have unintended consequences that will bite them on the bubblegum.

Um, let's hope not, because once it's gone, it's gone for good. It will never come back, especially here.
As to the "unintended consequences" hurting them, never going to happen in WA, way too many prog libs who despise everything that has to do with the Constitution and guns.

Ray

Um, let's hope not, because once it's gone, it's gone for good. It will never come back, especially here.
As to the "unintended consequences" hurting them, never going to happen in WA, way too many prog libs who despise everything that has to do with the Constitution and guns.

Ray
My point is that everyone east of the Cascades and south of Olympia would also be able to do as they please in this situation. So yes, Seattle could declare the Second Amendment null and void but Spokane or Kelso could become Second Amendment sanctuary cities
Sauce for the goose...

My point is that everyone east of the Cascades and south of Olympia would also be able to do as they please in this situation. So yes, Seattle could declare the Second Amendment null and void but Spokane or Kelso could become Second Amendment sanctuary cities
Sauce for the goose...

It won't work that way, especially as eliminating preemption is only their first priority. Here's the wording from last year's bill

anti-gun pols said:
This chapter does not affect, modify, or limit the power of a city, municipality, or county in this state to adopt an ordinance or regulation relating to firearms that is in addition to or more restrictive than the requirements of this chapter.

Pay particular attention to the underlined. It means those "sanctuary cities" cannot have less restrictive laws, but any place controlled by dims can pretty much outlaw concealed carry and all guns at will.*

Ray
* Yes, I know they can't legally outlaw all guns, but they will be able to have those ordinances in place for years............. Well actually, the way SCOTUS has been behaving, they my be permanent.

It won't work that way, especially as eliminating preemption is only their first priority. Here's the wording from last year's bill

Pay particular attention to the underlined. It means those "sanctuary cities" cannot have less restrictive laws, but any place controlled by dims can pretty much outlaw concealed carry and all guns at will.*

Ray
* Yes, I know they can't legally outlaw all guns, but they will be able to have those ordinances in place for years............. Well actually, the way SCOTUS has been behaving, they my be permanent.
Sweet Jesus!

I have read all 30 pages of 1639 and there is not one single word addressing the 80% market. Most of the general public has no clue about 80%ers. For now. Once someone starts to make an issue about it and it gains momentum. 80%ers will be on the hit list. They want nothing but 100% total control.
The anti gunners in congress know about the 80% stuff.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top