JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
yes sir, you have been in a coma. Senate bill 941 passed this year and went into effect about 3 months ago. They passed it as quickly as possible with an emergency clause making it go in effect right away.

The legislature held very brief discussion days at the capital but it was clear their votes were decided before hand

several of us launched recall campaigns this last year as a result but most of us were outspent by Bloomberg and did not get enough signatures. OFF's recall campaign was well financed and even though they had a few thousand more signatures than needed, the secretary of state only reviewed a few hundred of them and decided a certain percentage were not valid and stopped the recall.

now it has been 3 months since the background checks have been required. but in that time less that 500 in the entire state have actually been done since there is a lot of noncompliance. It helps that multiple sheriffs and counties have said they would not enforce the law. Coos bay even went so far as passing a law saying the sheriff did not have to follow it.

So technically, all private sales except to family members need a background check at a FFL dealer.

https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2015R1/Measures/Overview/SB941

yes sir, you have been in a coma. Senate bill 941 passed this year and went into effect about 3 months ago. They passed it as quickly as possible with an emergency clause making it go in effect right away.

The legislature held very brief discussion days at the capital but it was clear their votes were decided before hand

several of us launched recall campaigns this last year as a result but most of us were outspent by Bloomberg and did not get enough signatures. OFF's recall campaign was well financed and even though they had a few thousand more signatures than needed, the secretary of state only reviewed a few hundred of them and decided a certain percentage were not valid and stopped the recall.

now it has been 3 months since the background checks have been required. but in that time less that 500 in the entire state have actually been done since there is a lot of noncompliance. It helps that multiple sheriffs and counties have said they would not enforce the law. Coos bay even went so far as passing a law saying the sheriff did not have to follow it.

So technically, all private sales except to family members need a background check at a FFL dealer.

https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2015R1/Measures/Overview/SB941

Thank you for the information. It went through right under my nose.

Just be ready for February, rumors are that we are going to get AR ban, >10 round mag ban, 30 day waiting periods, limits on guns purchased, mandatory locks on guns and other nastiness. The legislature has a super majority so the sky is the limit on what they will pass

Just be ready for February, rumors are that we are going to get AR ban, >10 round mag ban, 30 day waiting periods, limits on guns purchased, mandatory locks on guns and other nastiness. The legislature has a super majority so the sky is the limit on what they will pass
Holy cow! Where can I get more information on putting a stop to that?!

Holy cow! Where can I get more information on putting a stop to that?!

Check the legal and politics forum here and also join up for OFF's alert email. I'd recommend signing up as a member since they use our funds to fight them

http://www.oregonfirearms.org/join-alert-list

They have various tools to contact legislators as well

The guys here keep very up to date on the political changes so we will rally everyone when the time comes to contact your legislators, joint demonstrations or go to the committee meetings in Salem.

That means you did not do your duty as a responsible gun owner. You did not call your Senators and Representatives to try and stop the stupid madness. The very same thing happened up here a year prior. I-594! But by popular vote of the people. It is very hard to out vote the entire Liberal Puget Sound.

Welcome to the New Fascist Oregon where a group of legislators will now cram through whatever they want with a blind majority without opposition.

Rank and file.

Sad you were asleep. The vast majority of firearm owners in Oregon were and still are.

screen-shot-2015-11-25-at-12-36-34-pm.png

I complained bitterly to my state senator, representative and governor, all Democrats and they totally ignored me. Sent money to the Oregon Firearms Federation this morning.

Have we seen a list yet of proposed legislation and sponsors? I've been doing web searches and haven't found a thing, but we know it's massing since the comments made by our politicians after the Roseburg coward murdered those defenseless people. I sometimes wonder if there will ever be non-"emergency" legislation in Oregon again since it's so effective at cramming objectionable things down our throats with little or no recourse.

Have we seen a list yet of proposed legislation and sponsors? I've been doing web searches and haven't found a thing, but we know it's massing since the comments made by our politicians after the Roseburg coward murdered those defenseless people. I sometimes wonder if there will ever be non-"emergency" legislation in Oregon again since it's so effective at cramming objectionable things down our throats with little or no recourse.

nothing official yet. just rumors.

You can be certain they are already working on their proposed legislation. By the time we hear what's really going on, it will almost be too late. The 2016 session is only 5 weeks. They will move fast - it will be over before many folks are even aware of what is happening.

"Just be ready for February, rumors are that we are going to get AR ban, >10 round mag ban, 30 day waiting periods, limits on guns purchased, mandatory locks on guns and other nastiness. The legislature has a super majority so the sky is the limit on what they will pass"

The sky is also the limit on what we will ignore. Anyway when the Revolution rolls around (probably due to a debt-driven crash), all this stuff will wash away.

Hell, guys, if New Yorkers can manage non-compliance, we should be able to.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top