JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oregon is not great for gun laws, but we're still a damn far way away from California. We have restrictions that I don't agree with, but, we can own (and use, sorry WA) NFA items. We are a shall issue CCW state. With a few urban restrictions, open carry is legal for those of you who choose that option (I don't). We can hunt with bullets containing lead. We don't have a cool down period before we pick up a gun. We don't have to have extra state paperwork completed to transfer a gun to us (beyond the 4473). We don't have to find guns that are on a state approved list. We don't have a limit on number of guns and ammo we can buy a month. We don't have to be fingerprinted for ammo. We have no gun registration. We can still buy guns FTF without paperwork.

Honestly, I would love to see concealed carry. I would love to see them remove the charge for background checks rather than increase it. I would love to see them remove the restrictions on non-FFL FTF transactions at gunshows. But overall, I feel pretty lucky to live in Oregon rather than California...
:s0155: This made me thankful to be in Oregon than our neighbors to the South or even WA.

I am 51 years old, andI bought my first gin on my 21rst BD. I still have it. Back then we had to wait 10 days and sign for ammo. We have gotten better and can continue to get better.:s0155:

:huh:"When someone not in uniform carries a gun in public, they are in effect saying "I could kill you, if I chose." Which in turn poses an immediate threat to my own freedom of speech, freedom of action, freedom to congregate and freedom to be in public spaces. Even free speech advocates recognize that a serious, declared threat to kill someone goes beyond the limits of First Amendment protections. Similarly, the inherent, present threat in an openly displayed weapon goes beyond the scope of protected Second Amendment rights.":huh:

Kind of like when the black panthers stood in front of the voting place to "present a threat in an openly displayed weapon" to prevent white people from voting, and then the Justice department says they are not going to go after those guys. Come on.

More guns in public with people that have been trained would make me feel safer.

So... the only ones "allowed" to carry in Commiefornia are the illegals since to ask them for paperwork of any kind is now verboten based on the wacky judge's "ruling" on the AZ law. :s0054:

A brave new world indeed. :nuts:

:huh:"When someone not in uniform carries a gun in public, they are in effect saying "I could kill you, if I chose." Which in turn poses an immediate threat to my own freedom of speech, freedom of action, freedom to congregate and freedom to be in public spaces. Even free speech advocates recognize that a serious, declared threat to kill someone goes beyond the limits of First Amendment protections. Similarly, the inherent, present threat in an openly displayed weapon goes beyond the scope of protected Second Amendment rights.":huh:

Kind of like when the black panthers stood in front of the voting place to "present a threat in an openly displayed weapon" to prevent white people from voting, and then the Justice department says they are not going to go after those guys. Come on.

More guns in public with people that have been trained would make me feel safer.

You should really go live in Kommiefornia, if that is the way you feel.

Commiefornia

HAHAHAHAHAAHHA!!! That's like the "People's Republic of Oregon". This is all the typical lib BS. The only reason they want or do anything is because they don't like the way it makes them "feel". Every decision is based on how it makes them "feel". They don't want open carry because while they're in Starbucks, with their beatnik style hats and himp jewelry, they don't have to "feel" uncomfortable at the sight of a "scary looking" gun.

It's just like Tasers. Tasers are a beautiful tool that has absolutely saved a lot of lives. Even the lives of dummies who probably shouldn't still be on this earth (The ACLU's happy though). Yet, libs don't like the "scary" noise it makes and don't like the way it makes them "feel" so they're all against it.

What's happened to this country? I think Colleges and Universities have destroyed this country with liberal mind sets.

It's just like Tasers. Tasers are a beautiful tool that has absolutely saved a lot of lives. Even the lives of dummies who probably shouldn't still be on this earth (The ACLU's happy though). Yet, libs don't like the "scary" noise it makes and don't like the way it makes them "feel" so they're all against it.

No, it has more to do with <broken link removed> .

What's happened to this country? I think Colleges and Universities have destroyed this country with liberal mind sets.

hurr

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads