JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
If I ever want a solid reason to be glad I'm 59 instead of 29, all I have to do is read this thread.

Why is it that people DO NOT listen and pay attention to FACTS? Not theory, not emotion, not 2nd hand info, just plain and simple facts! I have not even read all the pages of this thread but what I have read rather disgusts me.
I have a HUGE problem with our government and the assanine nature of our pathetic politicians! It breaks my heart to see how far this once great nation has fallen!
Regardless of your opinion Sir, the facts remain and this beautiful country we call AMERICA is no longer a beacon for freedom and a haven from tyranny. Do we compare it to Somalia, the tragedy and "ethnic cleansing" in Africa or even the outright oppression in China? Of course not, but we can and do compare it to the standard that was set over 200 years ago by some people who fled their country in hopes of establishing a country free of tyranny! What is so hard to understand about that? Why when presented with facts do you say "if you dont like it then leave"? I dont like it, but I also understand that most if not all other places in the world are worse. People will always find something to complain about, its kind of in our nature, but for the love of God, understand the gripes that most if not ALL law abiding citizens lodge against the fed/state/county bodies, are founded in truth and logic and honest frustration, not in
idignation of self! If you cannot see past this then you will never understand the zeal of Patriotism! I am only 30, I have never been in the armed forces, never served my country in any enlisted capacity, I did however graduate HS, go to college and try to make myself a better person, personally and professionally I go to work 6 days a week and try to make my neighbourhood, community, and country a better place to live. I am quite confident that CANNOT be said about ANY politican on a federal level today. I guess if young people are a bunch of slackers, well I'm sure that can be said about a fair majority of us, but I will be Gdamnd if that is applied to me!

Last Edited:
We live in a much more paranoid country.

Here I couldn't agree more. All one has to do for proof is read this thread.

Corruption at unparalleled levels in banking and government.

You've had corruption in government since the days of Al Capone, and before. You're going to have it long after you and your kids are dead and buried. Government corruption is nothing new.

You might have what is referred to as the Normalcy Bias.

And you have what is commonly referred to as Paranoia.

We are the Soviet Union, circa 1988.

We are nothing even remotely like the Soviet Union, or ever have been. Our grocery stores throw out more food that spoils on the shelves in a single day, than the Soviet Union had to sell in a month of Sundays. Where in this country do people line up to stand out in the freezing cold to be able to purchase a loaf of bread and a quart of milk? It's avaliable everywhere 24/7 at good prices. All you want, all the time.

We have all of the fuel you want to buy, to put into cars that most every American family owns more than one of. We have gun shops galore that sell millions of weapons to millions of Americans. Many who purchase them for concealed carry, and self protection. There was no such thing avaliable in the Soviet Union. You would be put in prison. You can stand in front of the White House and call the President a jag off all day long, and nothing will happen to you. Try that in the former Soviet Union and you'd never be seen or heard from again. You don't have a clue as to what you're talking about. Your comparison is ridiculous, unfounded, and foolish, and is comprised of total nonsense.

I do see a collapsed economy that will make the first Depression look like a walk in the park.

Here you may be correct. This is what happens when people overspend with money they simply do not have. We saw it happen in the housing market 5 years ago, and we very well may see it again on a larger level. If it in fact happens it won't be anything new.

A government that will do what it takes to maintain its own power as tens of millions of Americans are starving to death. They will be starving and dying, begging to get in. Agreeing to any terms at all just to feed their stomachs.

No one in this country is "starving to death and dying". This is more silly, stupid, foolish, unfounded paranoia that you cannot back up with any fact what so ever.

Nonetheless, people like me who have not drank the Kool-Aid see things for the way they are - BAD.

You're correct there. You're not "drinking the Kool-Aid" You're too busy manufacturing it in "Paranoia Flavor".

Bill T...have you lost your mind?

There are thousands of poeple starving to death here.

Whats the weather like on your planet....?

Jesus christ man....are you so obtuse and one sided that you really think people arent starving to death here...?

Since al Capone? Really? No kidding... you cannot draw a comparison with a 1940s gangster and halliburton, enron, or any of that . You have a rosy view of the fall of major compaines if you think that they are even in the same vicinity as Al capone and elliot ness.

Seriously.

We are nothing even remotely like the Soviet Union, or ever have been. Our grocery stores throw out more food that spoils on the shelves in a single day, than the Soviet Union had to sell in a month of Sundays. Where in this country do people line up to stand out in the freezing cold to be able to purchase a loaf of bread and a quart of milk? It's avaliable everywhere 24/7 at good prices. All you want, all the time.

Implying lack of food caused the collapse of the Soviet Union.

You're an idiot.

You really need to put the crack pipe down.

First post said.....whats the weather like on your planet ...there are people starving to death here ....here as in our planet...

Please look at the next post which said...americans are homeless and starving...

If you are going to quote me, get it right....

Dont pick and choose my words to suit your insulting incendiary posts....!
You may be able to bully others, but not me buddy....
You think that you come across as intelligent, but you come across as bigoted and uninformed.

You to date have not once answered another persons questions. All you've done is put others down with juvenile insults and sarcasm

I again, dont know what your deal is, nor at this time do i much care.

I asked politely once to respect my right to an opinion, as i respect yours.

I guess that is not forthcoming...

Have a nice day.

You wouldn't know an "implication" if it bit your balls off, let alone if you read it.

That's rich coming from a guy who posted nothing but strawmen arguments for months.

Girls.png

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews