JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
So heres a question for you:

What if the gov't that you love so much decided to allow you just ONE firearm? i mean, hey, 10,000 men armed with .22s is an armed militia by definition. Would you see this as an infringement upon your rights? Would you stand up and say that it was wrong? Or, would you simply cover your head in the sand? I think I know the answer based upon the whole " rule of law " line up there....

Somewhere along the lines, you got dumbed down. You were to told that to protest was unamerican. Wrong. Standing for what you believe is patriotic and is also how we got the Constitution that YOU are willing to allow to be tailored to fit the governmental fashions of the moment.

The brave men who fought for the document that you live under the protection of must be rolling in their graves.
They didnt obey the Rule of Law, they fought to change it. They stood against tryanny and over bearing govt rule.
To hide under " I obey the rule of law " is cowardly. To stand for what you beleive in is courage.

You keep drinking the kool-aid, and by the time you retire, you can be all fresh out of rights, and they can ship your senior citizen asses to a nice internment camp.... for old folks. We young people will be there fighting to change how the govt treats you... you can thank us later.

The government has already decided we need no fire arms. It's people like me who have fought from within the system that has allowed you and others to keep your rights.

To protest without a chance of winning is a waste of energy. Jump up and down and chant all the slogans you want they will just look at you and laugh at you for being the fool you are. A proper method of protest is political extortion, guarantee a politician that you will do everything in your power to remove them from office, and then back it up with action.

"rule of law" can work for you, if you know how to work it. If I have learned anything from the system under which we live it is that Polititions are scared to death of the average citizen. When you get citizens standing up in commitee hearings to be heard. When you get citizens in front of cameras to be heard. All it takes is the balls to do it, it's a lot tougher than pointing a gun at some one. How many committee hearings does it take? Enough to get noticed as some one who has serious convictions.

I use that document under which we live, you just seem to wrap yourself in it. If you can keep your head and your cool that scares them, the radical protester with perposterous statements is quickly forgotten as a "kook", a "nut case" or worse yet a "dangerous threat". I served my country, I know what to do, people like you with your attitude are doing more harm to our freedom than anything or anyone else.

BTW I retired a few years ago, somewhat early in life, no camp or retirement home. Planning is what I do, looking for another project right now.

Were you the bully or the bullied? I vote bully.

What if the gov't that you love so much decided to allow you just ONE firearm? i mean, hey, 10,000 men armed with .22s is an armed militia by definition. Would you see this as an infringement upon your rights? Would you stand up and say that it was wrong? Or, would you simply cover your head in the sand?

Why is it you guys who describe yourself as "free thinkers", think so irrationally in order to try and prove your silly, abstract points all the time? Show me where in any state a law like you describe has ever made it to the floor to be voted on? Any state. The fact is it has not and never will. Not in my lifetime, or in yours.

Now please spare us all with the, "that's what they said about Stalin and Hitler", crap. You imbiciles believe that everyone has their "head in the sand", if they don't believe the governments end game is to put the entire population in internment camps. It's the same exact way all the time, every time with you people. If you don't believe the sky is falling, and the government is out to get you, you're not "getting the big picture". Everyone who doesn't see it your way is a "sheep".

I've been listening to this stupid, silly, $h!t for the last 45 years, and we're no closer to it now, than we were then. In fact it's just the opposite. You have less gun control today than you did 4 decades ago. The evidence is everywhere, but you're so caught up in all of your gloom and doom prophecy, you can't, or rather won't see it. Today you have concealed carry laws in all but a few states. That didn't exist 40 years ago.

Today you have the Castle Doctrine in several states, with more adding it on to law every year. That didn't exist 40 years ago. The Assault Weapons Ban that all of you said was just a taste of bad things coming, has Sunsetted and gone away. Even the most liberal President in our nations history knows it would be futile to try to resurrect it.

But no matter, The sky is falling, the economy is ready to collapse any day now, and the government is coming to take your guns, and then take you away. When the hell are you idiots going to grow up, and more importantly smarten up? It's really getting old.

You think every law ever written is an infringement on your rights and freedoms. You all want to smoke dope and get high. You think you should be able to buy hard narcotics at the drug store. You don't think you should pay a cent of tax to anyone for any reason. You promote lawlessness everywhere because you have this totally moronic view that it somehow encapsulates "freedom". Quite honestly I have never listened to a bigger bunch of total, complete idiots in my entire life. If Americans really wanted to know why this country is in deep trouble, all they would have to do is read this thread. You clowns make the "occupy" idiots look intelligent.

That's a lot to respond to; I don't believe it wasn't directed by anything I typed.

However, to say we are no closer to tyranny that we were 45 years ago is misguided. In just the last ten years most of the Bill of Rights has been trashed. We live in a much more paranoid country. Militarized police. "Rights" curtailed.

Any manufacturing base we used to count on digging us out of rough times is gone. We are a shell of what we were 45 years ago in every way.

Corruption at unparalleled levels in banking and government. The USA is bankrupt and financially near complete collapse. 15+ trillion in debt and 600+ trillion in debt derivatives ready to come down like an avalanche.

You might have what is referred to as the Normalcy Bias. Just because a horrific collapse has never happened to us before does not mean that it is not inevitable at this point.

We are the Soviet Union, circa 1988, but much less prepared to cope with a collapse.

I don't see what a lot of people see - that is a government kicking in doors to collect guns. I do see a collapsed economy that will make the first Depression look like a walk in the park. Soon, in the next couple years; accelerated by the war mongers and profiteers.

A government that will do what it takes to maintain its own power as tens of millions of Americans are starving to death.

There will be no need to 'drag' Americans off to internment camps. They will be starving and dying, begging to get in. Agreeing to any terms at all just to feed their stomachs.

Don't know if that qualifies as 'deep trouble' or not; probably so.

I wish Clint Eastwood's speech/commercial during the Superbowl was actually true. That America is on the verge of a huge comeback. But nothing could be farther from the truth.

Even after all this, I am a happy guy. Because I don't let things I can't change drag me down. Nonetheless, people like me who have not drank the Kool-Aid see things for the way they are - BAD - and soon much, much worse.

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/

That's a lot to respond to; I don't believe it wasn't directed by anything I typed.

However, to say we are no closer to tyranny that we were 45 years ago is misguided. In just the last ten years most of the Bill of Rights has been trashed. We live in a much more paranoid country. Militarized police. "Rights" curtailed.

Any manufacturing base we used to count on digging us out of rough times is gone. We are a shell of what we were 45 years ago in every way.

Corruption at unparalleled levels in banking and government. The USA is bankrupt and financially near complete collapse. 15+ trillion in debt and 600+ trillion in debt derivatives ready to come down like an avalanche.

You might have what is referred to as the Normalcy Bias. Just because a horrific collapse has never happened to us before does not mean that it is not inevitable at this point.

We are the Soviet Union, circa 1988, but much less prepared to cope with a collapse.

I don't see what a lot of people see - that is a government kicking in doors to collect guns. I do see a collapsed economy that will make the first Depression look like a walk in the park. Soon, in the next couple years; accelerated by the war mongers and profiteers.

A government that will do what it takes to maintain its own power as tens of millions of Americans are starving to death.

There will be no need to 'drag' Americans off to internment camps. They will be starving and dying, begging to get in. Agreeing to any terms at all just to feed their stomachs.

Don't know if that qualifies as 'deep trouble' or not; probably so.

I wish Clint Eastwood's speech/commercial during the Superbowl was actually true. That America is on the verge of a huge comeback. But nothing could be farther from the truth.

Even after all this, I am a happy guy. Because I don't let things I can't change drag me down. Nonetheless, people like me who have not drank the Kool-Aid see things for the way they are - BAD - and soon much, much worse.

The Economic Collapse

First off, no, it wasn't aimed at you. While there is no doubt this nation has racked up horrible debt, I don't believe it isn't anything that can't be corrected, or even self correcting. Will it be painful and extremely difficult? You bet. I've said many times a government is nothing more than a product of it's people. Today much like the government, people try to buy everything with nothing. The housing market proved how well that goes. We are now in the bowels of a housing depression in this country that will last at least a decade or more. More importantly it will forcibly make people in this country save to buy one, much like they used to.

The housing market will be self correcting in that regard, much like the stock market. When it gets over inflated it corrects itself. It's financially painful when it does. It has to be. Our government will be no different. Sooner or later the ability of our government to run at these insanely high deficit levels will stop. And with it departments will be forced to close. People will scream and b!tch, but it won't matter. We'll survive. As always the poor will suffer more than the rich. It was that way during the Great Depression, and it will be that way again.

During the Great Depression you had people who were ready to start building the Ark because they thought the end of the world was coming. It didn't. What I find funny are all of these "free thinkers" who continually put forth how history will repeat itself, forget that when it comes to economics. They throw around terms like "fiat money", whine about how the Fed and every economic principal that has been in place for hundreds of years throughout history all over the world, are all going to boil to a head, and end next week. They haven't in the past, and they won't in the future. Every clown on these forums who b!tch and moan about the Fed will all be dead and buried, and it will still be here. Regardless if they like it or not. Neither they or Ron Paul are going to change that.

Life is going to get harder, and perhaps it damn well should. I'm semi retired and only work 3 days a week. But 40 years ago you didn't have 20 something individuals arguing all day on the Internet. They were too busy working and saving their money. Today??? You tell me. The people who have the least always seem to b!tch the most. That, and come up with all of the excuses as to why they can't get ahead. Naturally, it always is someone else's fault, usually the governments. It has become all but routine.

Perhaps preaching how screwed up they think everything is makes them feel better about their own pathetic situation. I don't know, and frankly could care less. Perhaps we need to cycle this economy out with another depression, much like the current housing market shook out all of the penniless borrowers, and put them back into the 1 bedroom apartments where they never should have left in the first place. If it will shut these idiots up and make them produce for themselves instead of b!tching and whining about the government every 5 minutes, it just might be worth it. Because much like the government, they won't change until they are forced to. If and when it happens they'll forget all of their tough talk about being "freedom fighters". They'll be more concerned as to where their next meal is going to come from.

Why is it you guys who describe yourself as "free thinkers", think so irrationally in order to try and prove your silly, abstract points all the time? Show me where in any state a law like you describe has ever made it to the floor to be voted on? Any state. The fact is it has not and never will. Not in my lifetime, or in yours.

Now please spare us all with the, "that's what they said about Stalin and Hitler", crap. You imbiciles believe that everyone has their "head in the sand", if they don't believe the governments end game is to put the entire population in internment camps. It's the same exact way all the time, every time with you people. If you don't believe the sky is falling, and the government is out to get you, you're not "getting the big picture". Everyone who doesn't see it your way is a "sheep".

I've been listening to this stupid, silly, $h!t for the last 45 years, and we're no closer to it now, than we were then. In fact it's just the opposite. You have less gun control today than you did 4 decades ago. The evidence is everywhere, but you're so caught up in all of your gloom and doom prophecy, you can't, or rather won't see it. Today you have concealed carry laws in all but a few states. That didn't exist 40 years ago.

Today you have the Castle Doctrine in several states, with more adding it on to law every year. That didn't exist 40 years ago. The Assault Weapons Ban that all of you said was just a taste of bad things coming, has Sunsetted and gone away. Even the most liberal President in our nations history knows it would be futile to try to resurrect it.

But no matter, The sky is falling, the economy is ready to collapse any day now, and the government is coming to take your guns, and then take you away. When the hell are you idiots going to grow up, and more importantly smarten up? It's really getting old.

You think every law ever written is an infringement on your rights and freedoms. You all want to smoke dope and get high. You think you should be able to buy hard narcotics at the drug store. You don't think you should pay a cent of tax to anyone for any reason. You promote lawlessness everywhere because you have this totally moronic view that it somehow encapsulates "freedom". Quite honestly I have never listened to a bigger bunch of total, complete idiots in my entire life. If Americans really wanted to know why this country is in deep trouble, all they would have to do is read this thread. You clowns make the "occupy" idiots look intelligent.

Your response, good Sir, hardly addresses my point. You fail to answer my question. Thats okay though. Ill just take some of your post and give you some food for thought:

1. Castle Doctines mean nothing without the weapon in your hand.

2. The same for concealed carry.

3. I dont smoke dope, nor do I take hard narcotics, unless i have a perscription for Vicodin or something like that.

4. I dont promote their use, at all, from an abuse standpoint.

5. I pay taxes from my payroll just like I should, every time im paid, and take no issue with it.

6. I used the "stripping guns and internment camps" view as simply a way to phrase something to get you thinking. I dont think that the govt would ever come and take me from my home. I do think that the government has cute litte ways of sneaking in little bits and pieces of beneficial legislation that provides them and only them with benefits while hosing the rest of us. That is what i mean by you obeying the rule of law. Dig deeper into what it is you are forced to obey. Then, see what YOU think about it.

Repectfully.

First off, no, it wasn't aimed at you. While there is no doubt this nation has racked up horrible debt, I don't believe it isn't anything that can't be corrected, or even self correcting. Will it be painful and extremely difficult? You bet. I've said many times a government is nothing more than a product of it's people. Today much like the government, people try to buy everything with nothing. The housing market proved how well that goes. We are now in the bowels of a housing depression in this country that will last at least a decade or more. More importantly it will forcibly make people in this country save to buy one, much like they used to.

The housing market will be self correcting in that regard, much like the stock market. When it gets over inflated it corrects itself. It's financially painful when it does. It has to be. Our government will be no different. Sooner or later the ability of our government to run at these insanely high deficit levels will stop. And with it departments will be forced to close. People will scream and b!tch, but it won't matter. We'll survive. As always the poor will suffer more than the rich. It was that way during the Great Depression, and it will be that way again.

During the Great Depression you had people who were ready to start building the Ark because they thought the end of the world was coming. It didn't. What I find funny are all of these "free thinkers" who continually put forth how history will repeat itself, forget that when it comes to economics. They throw around terms like "fiat money", whine about how the Fed and every economic principal that has been in place for hundreds of years throughout history all over the world, are all going to boil to a head, and end next week. They haven't in the past, and they won't in the future. Every clown on these forums who b!tch and moan about the Fed will all be dead and buried, and it will still be here. Regardless if they like it or not. Neither they or Ron Paul are going to change that.

Life is going to get harder, and perhaps it damn well should. I'm semi retired and only work 3 days a week. But 40 years ago you didn't have 20 something individuals arguing all day on the Internet. They were too busy working and saving their money. Today??? You tell me. The people who have the least always seem to b!tch the most. That, and come up with all of the excuses as to why they can't get ahead. Naturally, it always is someone else's fault, usually the governments. It has become all but routine.

Perhaps preaching how screwed up they think everything is makes them feel better about their own pathetic situation. I don't know, and frankly could care less. Perhaps we need to cycle this economy out with another depression, much like the current housing market shook out all of the penniless borrowers, and put them back into the 1 bedroom apartments where they never should have left in the first place. If it will shut these idiots up and make them produce for themselves instead of b!tching and whining about the government every 5 minutes, it just might be worth it. Because much like the government, they won't change until they are forced to. If and when it happens they'll forget all of their tough talk about being "freedom fighters". They'll be more concerned as to where their next meal is going to come from.

It WAS aimed at me.

Okay, Ill play along. Lets talk breifly about the housing market.

I was an underwriter for two national banks. Wachovia and World Savings, which later became Wells Fargo.
I assume you are a home owner. So. you must have filled out a 1003 loan application. Thats a federal form, FYI, which has some intersting questions on the bottom. questions like, ethnicity, race, etc. I'll bet that you think that these questions are just to keep everyone on the up and up. You are wrong. The responses are recorded and used as a barometer of what ethnicities use what type of loan products. You understand that this was also how our hands got tied and lenders were very resticted when it came to denying loans. This, of course, means that there were ways devised by bank heads and congress to blatantly falsify incomes ( stated income, stated assets, no income, no assets ) so that lower income people could move up, and not be "forced" to live in low income neighborhoods. <broken link removed>

Are you aware that the US/HUD paid mortgage lenders 2-4% of the loan value on the back end to use high risk Interest Only/Pick a Pay products? So, its no suprise that lenders went for that. Especially in So. California, where the housing prices were so high that 2-4 % on a loan was about 15-20k.

http://www.mtgprofessor.com/A - Mortgage Brokers/hud_and_yield_spread_premiums.htm

Thats right, the Govt dug its own grave on that, and then tried to throw the blame on Wall Street for selling MBS ( Mortgage Backed Securities ). Our tax dollars were then used to bailout the companies that bought MBS. The housing market cannot correct itself to allow home purchase based on a one income familys abilility to repay the debt. I dont do this anymore. I was laid off in 2008. I went back into my old industry. Which brings us to the next topic.

I forget which one of you stated that you served your country. Yah, me too. And my Dad, Grandfathers, Uncles and one Aunt. All of us in sea-going services. Except the uncles. Both Army.

I work, and have since 14years and 8 months of age (this was the age that you could get your working papers back then). I work in a labor intensive industry, i work on deck on tugboats. This isnt a cruise ship. No shuffleboard, no lido deck. I work with a few guys older than me, but the majority are younger. They work hard, for the most part. Some work harder than others. I am 37. Not old, but not young. All of us have pensions, 401ks, and bank accounts. The job also pays a better than average living wage. with the provision that you are willing to work for it. By the way, you have to clear a federal background check to do the job ( TSA: Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC®) ), no criminals here. Oh, and the USCG requires random drug tests for narcotics with a teeny tiny threshold. No druggies either.

You, Sir, have made some poor assumptions. Dont assume that people who question the rules sit around in bare feet and smoke joints all day.

I am not a freedom fighter. My previous post used examples of govt oppression as a means of illustating my point. The question was, if you saw something wrong, would you stand against it, or simply go with the program? Neither of you answered it.

I do respect your opinions. While I may not agree with them, I do respect them. i dont refer to your ideology as idiotic, or silly stupid sh$t. I would expect gentlemen of your age ( haha ) to have a mutual respect for others as well.

repectfully

For all of us whom served this country and have some idea of what is going on as we all have been overseas and in other countries ... We earned our rights and not on the backs of those who did ... Be sure of what you wish for as it might not be what you get!!!!!!!!!!!

No you old coot, people who are being violated and robbed by the government complain about being violated and robbed by the government. People who expect and receive entitlements and handouts complain about not getting enough. Those are two different things and your feeble mind doesn't even seem to grasp that simple fact.

Just because you spent your entire miserable life bowing down to the state and not having the courage to say anything, don't criticize others who have the courage to do what you failed to do.

Careful, you might give some government stooge the idea for adding another letter to the BATFE acronym - BATFEK, and there will be a whole nother layer of bureaucracy - and anyone dealing in knives will be required to get a Federal Knives License. $15 background checks, waiting periods, "assault knives" will become the next big boogieman. There will be a ban on "non sporting or kitchen use" knives. Knives available for purchase will have a list of banned features (no pointed blades, minimum blade length, straight grips only, no folding blades, no easily concealable knives...) - the Brits are already working on such stupidity. The Big O administration might try to pull ahead of our European cousins and jump in this first. There will be buy back programs - turn your knives in, get a coupon for a package of plastic sporks.

And lets not forget, there are firearms that the BATFE doesn't consider firearms, and thus are legal (at the federal level) for felons to own already and it's left up to the states. A black powder revolver from 1870 is just as capable of killing someone as a Glock.

I'm already collecting "ASSAULT KNIVES" to be re-sold at a huge profit if Obama gets re-elected.
I laughed my *** off until I thought about it. you probably haven't missed the mark by much. They already dictated how big and what kind of knife you can conceal.

I think prohibiting ex-felons who have done their time from having their gun rights is absurd. First of all if a convicted felon,or anybody else for that matter,has their mind set on getting a gun they will. If someone has committed a crime so bad we don't want them walking around free to own a firearm,then they should not be free. They should still be incarcerated. They can still kill with a screw driver that they can legally posses,which by the way has become the weapon of choice of gangs because of that fact.

In 2009 in this country, over 33,000 people died in auto accidents, compared to just over 11,000 people who died from homicide by firearms. That # includes justifiable shooting by police and whoever.(Only 4% of those homicides were committed by rifles,and less than 1% by assault style rifles.That means your about 300 times more likely to be killed by a car than an assault style rifle!)That's another thread,sorry...... Drivers license's are privileges.... You'd think with 3 times as many innocent people being killed by cars,as are being murdered with guns, the law makers would be trying to get cars out of the hands of the wrong people. You don't have to have a drivers license to buy a car! Anybody over 18 can buy a car no matter how many wrecks they've been in. They don't even do a background check when you title a car!.....

I think if you release someone from prison there has to be more incentive to go back to a law abiding life style, besides the threat of going back to prison. All of a person's right's should be restored when they've finished their sentence....... If not, then they never really were right's, they were only privileges.

They were too busy working and saving their money.[/b] Today??? You tell me. The people who have the least always seem to b!tch the most. That, and come up with all of the excuses as to why they can't get ahead. Naturally, it always is someone else's fault, usually the governments. It has become all but routine.

Be careful there billt. Some of us work by the tides or work swing shift at night. So don't make yourself out as an ignorant bigot.
You make some good point's that are lost and covered up by your presumptions of who we all might be ,or how much we contribute to this country!

Since billy has assumed that I'm some kind of anarchist, rapist, drug-smoking unemployable; I'm just gonna go out on a limb and guess that billt drinks a lot of fluoride, gets all his vaccines, loves GMO foods, religiously watches the evening news, and has a fetish for licking boots.

I want to 'like" that comment, but don't want to add fuel to the heated arguments.

Hardly no one wants a collapse. Or those that do say "I wish the collapse would just happen so we can move forward .." - just don't have a bead on how bad it is going to be or they wouldn't say that.

I do chuckle at the term "Flouride Head" though.

Between Flouride and Aspartame it is a wonder anyone is healthy enough to function anymore. It is very difficult for most people to understand that there has been an effort to suppress their minds, their health, for a very long time now. Our owners want us complacent, compliant, obedient and weak. They get exactly what they want in the majority of people. BTW, Aspartame is a nerve agent that increases hunger. That is why Rumsfield and his croonies pushed it through and a main cause of American obesity that started to skyrocket post-1983. Profits.

Would you like a 30-ounce diet Coke with your cheeseburger? It is a toxin that breaks down into formaldehyde in the human body. Research it yourself.

I explained to the staff at my dentist office what Flouride really is, where it comes from, and its history. They said that more and more people have asked them not to use it on them (those nasty trays). Maybe it soaked in a bit, maybe not. Imagine that - people don't want to soak their teeth in chemical waste. Authority-driven beliefs are very hard to overcome.

Right now, in the last 10-15 years, there has been an unprecedented opportunity to learn REAL things, real history and truth. Most squander that in favor of spoon fed MSM lies that bring what everyone craves - comfort. In the not too distant future the opportunity to learn outside the banker media's version of events will come to a close. Oh well.

People will be convinced that they should fear ridiculous things and ignore the real hazards threatening their well being.

I have learned over the years that sharing real knowledge with the vast majority of people is pretty much futile. Now is the time to take care of numero uno. People had their chance to learn, to attempt to prepare. Most have decided thinking outside of authority-driven info is just not for them. So be it.

If they add a K I sure hope they have a grandfather clause

Mr Cow I do Run into some people I can help face reality and hear the truth but they are few and unusual people. Just met such a couple today for the first time

If they add a K I sure hope they have a grandfather clause

Mr Cow I do Run into some people I can help face reality and hear the truth but they are few and unusual people. Just met such a couple today for the first time

I see a few "assault knives" and possibly "assault swords" there, and most definitely a non-sporting spear. You're gonna have to pay a tax stamp for that, and register it. And since those shields look like they've got a protrusion from the center, instead of simply being a flat surface to block a blow with, those will fall under the "Any Other Weapon" addition to the NSWA (National Striking Weapons Act). In fact, the whole collection will have to be tested for it's armor piercing abilities, and may be banned because of it...

I would be in deep doo doo if they passed an NBA (National Blade Act). Good thing you can't see the long range sniper longbow with the 40 round armor piercing loaded magazine and the ninja asian assassins and military weapons on the other side of the room

It's funny but not for people in Britain where they really are banned

It was cloudy out today. Was that the governments fault as well?

Maybe. HAARP. The whole "stop global warming" nonsense. Chem trails. Cloud seeding. And government cooperation with aliens with weather control devices.

(the above was sarcastic, for those who failed to grasp that)

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads