JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
White House defends NSA phone records collection as 'critical tool' | World news | guardian.co.uk

1. This point was also made by the chairman of the Senate intelligence committee, Dianne Feinstein. "This is just meta data. There is no content involved," she told reporters on Capitol Hill.
  2. Under the terms of the blanket order, the numbers of both parties on a call are handed over, as is location data, call duration, unique identifiers, and the time and duration of all calls. The contents of the conversation itself are not covered.
  3. However, in 2013, such metadata can provide authorities with vast knowledge about a caller's identity. Particularly when cross-checked against other public records, the metadata can reveal someone's name, address, driver's licence, credit history, social security number and more. Government analysts would be able to work out whether the relationship between two people was ongoing, occasional or a one-off.

Translation, from my perspective:
What you say isn't that important. Who you call, where you are when you call, when you call, how long the call lasts - that's more important. With this, we can observe anyone.

All the news I'm seeing and reading keeps mentioning Verizon. What about other cell carriers? What about landline numbers? Seems to me that if the focus of the government is just Verizon then the whole program is just incompetent. Not that I am saying if the government included every carrier that would be OK or competent.

I am having a hard time deciding what is more worrying: a government that has it's eye on my guns or a government that is monitoring everything I do. I feel like the gun issue is a very winnable argument. An over-reaching government is fargin' scary.

Really pissed me off to hear support for this from a variety of politicians. Yes it makes it tougher for terrorists to conceal their activities. So do clothes.

This is not a Democrat only issue.
The Intelligence Committee in Congress has Democrat AND Republican members.
Members of BOTH parties have discussed this on the Intelligence Committee for years.
Members of BOTH parties have voted over and over to continue this practice for years and before President Obama was elected.

I don't like it, but you cannot place the blame just on the Democrats.

They been collecting the calls for 7 years from the major servers. As far as I am concerned if they are bored enough to track my phone calls theres plenty of real work they could be doing.

Actually, her maternal grandparents, were of the Russian Orthodox faith, and were from Saint Petersburg, Russia. Therefore, I believe technically she is not Jewish. :cool:
Though the above is factually correct, I can assure you that Sen. Feinstein's disdain for firearms has eff-all to do with whatever "jewishness" she does have in her blood...

She's as jewish as they come, like Schumer and Boxer and many other anti gunners. Their anti gun nature is because what they promote for our society will activate the Militia, can't have that

Dianne Feinstein - Wikipedia

Quote:

Dianne Goldman Berman Feinstein, born Dianne Emiel Goldman

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqOkbqVdIDzHPwhS6Qcy6XaZpNiyGLy7JpsPqKiJk-rJ1OlkcZ.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yadda, yadda, yadda. Same old Jewish/Muslim/Nazi/Illuminati/Mason/Build a Burger conspiracy stuff from some people.

The problem isn't some outside group. The problem is the electorate swallowing the garbage the parties push....both major parties.

Of course, if it is easier to believe in some "evil" group, fine. Believe what you want to believe, but please, blaming a whole group of people because of some really silly propaganda that came out in the early part of the 20th century and has been disproved over and over again...really...

You'll need to enlighten me then... What does her being of half Jewish (or even full Jewish, though she is not) decent have to do with her being anti-gun?
I don't get it

I'm sure you do not want the truth but for those looking on..

Who is Behind Gun Control? | Who Controls America?

If it were purple Sasquatch pushing gun bans I would say that, instead. BTW I never said all gun banners were, just those who are most vociferous

Yadda, yadda, yadda. Same old Jewish/Muslim/Nazi/Illuminati/Mason/Build a Burger conspiracy stuff from some people.

The problem isn't some outside group. The problem is the electorate swallowing the garbage the parties push....both major parties.

Of course, if it is easier to believe in some "evil" group, fine. Believe what you want to believe, but please, blaming a whole group of people because of some really silly propaganda that came out in the early part of the 20th century and has been disproved over and over again...really...

While I support all free speech. I don't know how you can reasonably say that all of the groups you listed don't exist. Builderberg does exist and is actually having a meeting right now. It HAS been proven. So before you try to troll NWFA you should get your facts straight. With free speech comes the freedom to be wrong but don't try to dumb down people on this forum!

My point is that it doesn't mean anything that they are of Jewish decent, and are against guns. I'm guessing there are far more non-Jews in office who are anti-gun than there are Jews.
There are plenty of Jews in office who are very pro-gun. There are plenty of Jews who are very active in fighting for Your Second Amendment rights.

jpfo.org

Im not really understanding why jews are the target. In my opinion if you focus on defending yourself from only "one group" you allow yourself to get attacked by everyone else. I don't care enough about other peoples religions to research this jew topic. It seems to me to be to closed minded to assume theres only one main group trying to take our rights away. Its just me but I don't care what you call yourself as long as your not committing crimes or trying to impose your believes on others, to each their own.

Cheezus K-rist ! Here we finally have a perfect political moment where people on the left of the spectrum - traditionally concerned with civil liberties - can be clearly shown the link between First Amendment violations and Second Amendment violations. The premier advocate for restricting second Amendment rights - Sen Feinstein - is also calling for investigations against whistle blowers and reporters who exposed the National Security Agency spying on US citizens' electronic communications, in other words, trashing the First Amendment (and the Fourth Amendment protections against unreasonable search and seizure). This is the time whem 2A supporters should be strategizing on how to break up the anti-gun coalition by showing its liberals the folly of attacking ANY part of the Bill of Rights.
Instead, we have NWFA members dredging up their anti-semitic imbecilities to pollute the waters.

There are people who believe that there are disproportionately too many people who claim a Jewish background in politics. I think if you look at the % of Jews in the general population V the % of Jews in politics, you will probably find a correlation that would point in that direction.

Fact actually is, everyone these days wants to point to someone else as being to blame for whatever they do not like. As for the politicos, if you do not like them or what they are promoting..no matter what the national origin, WORK to vote them out and WORK on the campaign to put someone that thinks like you do in their place.

Don't blame someone else for something YOU can correct if you get active, Run and get elected to your town council, the school board, the state house, and if you are not qualified, work for someone that does.. GET ACTIVE, don't blame and complain.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top