JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Sen. Feinstein suggests national buyback of guns | WashingtonExaminer.com

This article gave me the creeps. All I know is, there will be a lot more dead people in this country, then the 30 or so at Sandy Hook elementary school if Feinstein and the other traitors/nazi sociopaths in the government succeed in enforcing this Unconstitutional legislation. It appears Feinstein wants to pass a bill that would force all gun owners to sell their guns back to the government and then the subsequent destruction of their guns. This is essentially a more elegant inconspicuous way of stripping Americans of their 2A rights and disarming the people in this country, the same way as the government in Australia disarmed its citizens.

What is this country coming to? I wonder the opinions of people here, if this hypothetically did pass, which I am sure it won't, but if it did, how many here think our current military and police as a whole would participate in fighting a war against American citizens and forcing to give up their guns? Do you think it is possible? I have always respect most of military and veterans of this country. I, myself, don't think many would go along with it, but who knows? If pressured with being imprisoned, having their own families stripped from them, etc, would many cave-in to the pressure? Would Obama perhaps utilize hiring private armies, militias from overseas, etc to carry out the gun seizures? Or, maybe he would put together a special unit of anti-gun police forces/military personnel that he personally picks and pays an increased salary to carry out the missions of seizing arms from American citizens?

I think back to Tienanmen Square where the Chinese government imported soldiers from a whole far away region from Beijing, where the people had little relation or care for the cause of people in this region. The Chinese government then committed genocide against its people to silence their protests and from that day, the people were too terrified to challenge the government. I believe over 2000 were killed and 1000s wounded when they opened fire with tanks on people demanding their freedom. Such protests have never seen the light of day in China since this event.

Just politics. They're pandering the their constituents. When they get nothing done as far as gun control or if they pass some kind of AWB, they can go back to their super lib districts and say, look we tried to get rid of all guns so re-elect us so we can keep fighting for it. They know it will go nowhere. Pretty sickening though.

Ah .... pretty sure they can't afford any gun I have including my Daisy BB gun. Mrs Feinstein, what is the current national debt? Add $1.00 and the we'll start negotiating.

Mandatory buy back? As in government mandated requirement for me to sell them my guns??? Are they really that stupid or did they just spend a night at a Holiday Inn Express?

As a practical matter, the funding for such a program would have to be approved by the Republican-controlled House, which isnt going to happen.

I have friends in law enforcement, and while they're hard core pro 2A gun guys, their opinion is that most cops would NOT go along with such confiscation schemes, and that IF such a confiscation started to happen, it would only take a few dead cops across the country at the hands of those who refused to give up their guns before the police hoisted their middle fingers at the politicians and say "you do it". They might be more successful with young, newly indoctrinated soldiers and marines - but the ones who've been around a while and have developed their thinking skills wouldn't go along with unconstitutional orders either, nor would they go along with killing American civilians, and they surely don't wish to die at the hands of their fellow citizens.

Any real chance they would have at forced confiscation would HAVE to be at the hands of a foreign military. And that would be enough to piss off a lot of non gun owners and sway the pendulum away from the government regime.

Nope, they'll chip away at our gun rights like a sculptor, little bits at a time until what is left doesn't resemble what he began with at all.

The budget for the 650,000 guns in Australia was A LOT smaller that the budget for America's >280,000,000 guns.
Even if all they went after was the semi-auto rifles, pump long guns and semi-auto pistols, the budget for the buyback would run well into the trillions.
Unless of course they only offer $10.00 per gun.

But who is surprised? Feinstein and her feel-good-at-any-cost proposals have either been completely unworkable, or more costly than they're worth.
The current financial condition of the state of Kalifornia is but one example of the results of a Feinstein type of governance.
Yes, I know she governs at the federal level, but costly, unworkable solutions are at the root of Kalifornia's woes, and she is projecting it to the feds.

Besides, the feds won't NEED to offer a buy-back.

There are plenty of sheople that will voluntarily turn them in.
When the turn in starts, I plan to assign myself as the neighborhood volunteer that goes around and offers to save the sheep the time and hassle, and take them down to the police station for them. ;)

I would suggest y'all do the same in your neighborhoods.
It's just good citizenship after all!

Probably would be UN troops. Practice hitting blue targets now.

For your target practice!

patriot_qual_target.jpg

patriot_qual_target.jpg

This is playing politics. She said last week on a national press conference that there were so many guns in America they would HAVE to include a grandfather clause. I believe she suggested a gun buy-back for people who were uncomfortable with guns they inherited or who wanted to safe guard there children since they now know how dangerous these "assault weapons" can be.

Buyback? Who's paying for that? So they are going to buy our guns with our own tax dollars?

. . . and you're asking ON THE INTERNET, which STATE EMPLOYEES and former GOV"T EMPLOYEES are going to go to war with USA? Are you bubbleguming MAD? You're just asking for the gestapo to knock on your door.

No one is going to fight a civil war. No one wants to kill their own neighbor or a relative or a friend over politics. If you don't like the current government, how about voting next time? or getting politically active so these idiots don't make it this far.

If you don't like the current government, how about voting next time? or getting politically active so these idiots don't make it this far.

LAUGHABLE. I LIVE IN THE PORTLAND AREA, A PERMANENTLY ONE PARTY RULED AREA. I HAVE NO REPRESENTATION. EVERY SINGLE GODDAMNED STATE AND FEDERAL CONGRESSIONAL POSITION IN MY DISTRICT IS AN AUTHORITARIAN GUN GRABBING PIG DEMOCRAT. I voted EVERY election. I get the same aids-ridden vermin in office as a result every time. No. No one wants to have to fight their contrymen. But the climate could get to a point where we have no choice. Im already getting in the faces of the idiots, assh0|es, elitists, and commies that elected these people in the first place and telling them what I think of them on social media. THEY are the TRUE problem. Angry at whos in power? Blame the electorate. Scream at them. Shame them. Get in their face. Spit in their face if you have to. Make them answer as to why they hate liberty and are the mental children they are.

LAUGHABLE. I LIVE IN THE PORTLAND AREA, A PERMANENTLY ONE PARTY RULED AREA. I HAVE NO REPRESENTATION. EVERY SINGLE GODDAMNED STATE AND FEDERAL CONGRESSIONAL POSITION IN MY DISTRICT IS AN AUTHORITARIAN GUN GRABBING PIG DEMOCRAT. I voted EVERY election. I get the same aids-ridden vermin in office as a result every time. No. No one wants to have to fight their contrymen. But the climate could get to a point where we have no choice. Im already getting in the faces of the idiots, assh0|es, elitists, and commies that elected these people in the first place and telling them what I think of them on social media. THEY are the TRUE problem. Angry at whos in power? Blame the electorate. Scream at them. Shame them. Get in their face. Spit in their face if you have to. Make them answer as to why they hate liberty and are the mental children they are.

I get so frustrated as a Republican Oregon voter; I have the advantage that I live in a small conservative county. I can't imagine the frustration of living in a Portland area county. Voting would seem like an exercise in futility....very frustrating.

I get so frustrated as a Republican Oregon voter; I have the advantage that I live in a small conservative county. I can't imagine the frustration of living in a Portland area county. Voting would seem like an exercise in futility....very frustrating.

You have no idea. (Says the guy from San Diego, CA). :bash:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads