JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Twice now FedEx has misdelivered gun parts to the wrong address, this latest one is not even in my hood. And, it required a signature. I see that the person who signed for it has a completely different name... at a completely different address. The only thing similar is the city and state.

Conspiracy, or just an idiot FedEx driver? (Leaning towards the latter, I see this guy regularly staring down at his phone while driving and general lack of attention while driving, like blocking intersections because he's busy using his phone).

Anyway... think I should go to the address it was delivered to and try to get my stuff?

I've already reported it to FedEx, and the shipper... but I may have to do a chargeback on this one.

-Robert

Twice now FedEx has misdelivered gun parts to the wrong address, this latest one is not even in my hood. And, it required a signature. I see that the person who signed for it has a completely different name... at a completely different address. The only thing similar is the city and state.

Conspiracy, or just an idiot FedEx driver? (Leaning towards the latter, I see this guy regularly staring down at his phone while driving and general lack of attention while driving, like blocking intersections because he's busy using his phone).

Anyway... think I should go to the address it was delivered to and try to get my stuff?

I've already reported it to FedEx, and the shipper... but I may have to do a chargeback on this one.

-Robert
I was in similiar position with reloading components but it USPS that goofed. USPS ultimately recovered them. I am not sure whether I would go to other residents address or not.

-Robert
HOW do you know where it was delivered??? You got a GPS tracker on him after the last time dont ya? ;)

Usually if its the wrong addy you'll never know. Did you call that Mark Rober guy?
Edit this guy needs to learn about the unhealthily fine auto body pearl glitters. You NEVER get rid of all of that "glitter" you'd be permanently sparkling more than Edward at a Kristen Stewart themed comi con convention.

That kind of incompetence is normally reserved for USPS. I don't know if it's universal amongst the drones in that organization or if they just shuffled all the retards to our route.

HOW do you know where it was delivered???

Edit this guy needs to learn about the unhealthily fine auto body pearl glitters. You NEVER get rid of all of that "glitter" you'd be permanently sparkling more than Edward at a Kristen Stewart themed comi con convention.
FedEx says the address it was delivered to in their email.

Also, you know too much about body glitter... and Twilight.

-Robert

I went to the address just now and scoped it out, seemed reasonable to approach. I had printed out a paper of the delivery receipt that I brought with me, which definitely helped.

As soon as I ring the doorbell, I hear footsteps, good, someone is home. But, then I hear the garage door open, strange. I wait a few moments, no one at the door, walk over to the garage, no one there either, but they have a lot of boxes inside... perhaps they were expecting a delivery. I go back to the door, an older man answers, he doesn't speak English apparently. I show him the receipt, he looks at it and says he has to get his daughter upstairs and he leaves with the door open. As I'm waiting, his wife (I assume) tries to talk to me, but... she doesn't speak English either according to her, she asks me to speak to her daughter and hands me a phone.

I explain I am there to pick up a package that was delivered there by mistake. It's not a woman's voice, but clearly a male voice. He tells me I can go look around the garage for it. I repeat his words back slowly, "You want me, to go into your garage, and look through your stuff, for the package?" He pauses, and then he says, "I don't think your package was delivered here." I ask him how he knows that, he's not even at the house, and explain I have a receipt that was signed for by someone at the house, which means it was definitely delivered there. He then back tracks, "Ok, someone will look through the garage for the package for you."

I see another lady walk downstairs towards the open garage, and I go to meet her there. I spot a scale, a lot of USPS packages on shelves, and other packaging material. I show her the receipt and she looks at the shelves, asking me if I know what the package looks like. But then, the older lady with the phone is at the inside garage door and picks up a FedEx bag right next to their door... obviously set aside. They bring it over to me and I see that it's still sealed. Good.

So, I got my gear, in good shape, but not with out some hassle.

-Robert

FedEx says the address it was delivered to in their email.

Also, you know too much about body glitter... and Twilight.

-Robert
I used to mix paint for cars. :)
An the only thing i know about twilight is "Edward" Kirsten Stewart and forks.. Lol. And i guess that he "sparkles" never even seen 5 mins of it.
I forced myself to watch that hunger games soap opera. That was pretty unbearable. But now it seems like it was a documentary.
Maybe i should watch twilight some day lol. Makes my mind vomit just thinking of it.

I used to mix paint for cars. :)
Does this mean you can handle a spray gun?

I'm working on a restoration right now, going to attempt to blend a silver metallic paint... still very much a noob, but I've had a few successful sessions in my home made booth. (After mannnny failures - solvent pop like teenager's face)

-Robert

I went to the address just now and scoped it out, seemed reasonable to approach. I had printed out a paper of the delivery receipt that I brought with me, which definitely helped.

As soon as I ring the doorbell, I hear footsteps, good, someone is home. But, then I hear the garage door open, strange. I wait a few moments, no one at the door, walk over to the garage, no one there either, but they have a lot of boxes inside... perhaps they were expecting a delivery. I go back to the door, an older man answers, he doesn't speak English apparently. I show him the receipt, he looks at it and says he has to get his daughter upstairs and he leaves with the door open. As I'm waiting, his wife (I assume) tries to talk to me, but... she doesn't speak English either according to her, she asks me to speak to her daughter and hands me a phone.

I explain I am there to pick up a package that was delivered there by mistake. It's not a woman's voice, but clearly a male voice. He tells me I can go look around the garage for it. I repeat his words back slowly, "You want me, to go into your garage, and look through your stuff, for the package?" He pauses, and then he says, "I don't think your package was delivered here." I ask him how he knows that, he's not even at the house, and explain I have a receipt that was signed for by someone at the house, which means it was definitely delivered there. He then back tracks, "Ok, someone will look through the garage for the package for you."

I see another lady walk downstairs towards the open garage, and I go to meet her there. I spot a scale, a lot of USPS packages on shelves, and other packaging material. I show her the receipt and she looks at the shelves, asking me if I know what the package looks like. But then, the older lady with the phone is at the inside garage door and picks up a FedEx bag right next to their door... obviously set aside. They bring it over to me and I see that it's still sealed. Good.

So, I got my gear, in good shape, but not with out some hassle.

-Robert
Dang, good on you for making the effort. I wonder what all the packages were about. If Oregon HB 2056 passes we will be dealing with a lot more households like that.

Does this mean you can handle a spray gun?

I'm working on a restoration right now, going to attempt to blend a silver metallic paint... still very much a noob, but I've had a few successful sessions in my home made booth. (After mannnny failures - solvent pop like teenager's face)

-Robert
Yeah a little, been years though. I did auto body out of high school. And mainly for one guy and he sprayed it. I just mixed it and did the body work/prep/buffing polishing etc.
Guy was good good though.
I worked for a couple clowns after his who liked to paint customers interiors, they were happy with the results. Lol. These idiots didnt even want to spend two seconds testing the masking to see if it was good.
The painter would want to.
The owner wouldnt.
It ALWAYS amazes me how people and companies refuse to do work correctly to do a rush hack job all in the end. When its almost done.

Painting is fairly easy, its almost all in the wrist. The eyes help too ;) A LOT..
Don't use too much solvent..
The fine folks at wesmar paint stores would be happy to help im sure. Theres pretty set "recipes" for mixing to follow.
KEEP SILICONES MILES AWAY!!!
if ANY neighbors are washing cars delay the job till days later. Silicones are a PITA! Armor all is the devil. That stuff is hated by auto body pros.

You can also add "fisheye" remover. That will help with any minor silicones in the air and wont hurt just cost a little extra (well maybe alot for a small job.. Probably isnt cheap nothing is for good industrial chemicals).

And theres also plastisizers you can add if painting soft plastic like bumpers. That will help it not crack if it takes a bump. Like their namesake implies.

You can also sweep the dust out. And then if possible wet the floor with a hose and it will pretty dust free.

Better quality spray guns will help immensely although the quality of all that seemed to go way up after i moved on from autobody.

going to attempt to blend a silver metallic paint..
Oh and for metallics OR anything with pearls flakes etc. Keep them mixed! The flakes will settle out fairly quick. So work somewhat fast.
Kinda of put down light somewhat dry coats so the flakes dont "swim" on the surface.
This will control how the flakes lay on the surface and be the most uniform.
Also watch your pressure like a hawk. Any change in pressure at the gun will affect how the flakes lay and you may notice a very slight diff from panel to panel in the end.
Metallics can usually kinda look dull and crappy until you clear coat them. So if thats that case dint be discouraged. Its SHOULDN'T look glossy till you clear coat it..

Metallics are the hardest to paint. You may want to record the PSI you use when spraying for future ref. Incase you ever have to touch it up.

The good boss i worked for was pretty damn good at it. He could fade in a single panel pretty well from the original paint to the damage.
Hardly ever had a return for rework. And had a long wait list for customers and custom cars.

Apparently he was addicted to boats and was behind on rent. The landlord wasnt amused by his car and boat collections.

-Robert
Something happened to FedEx a long while back. They were the gold standard for a long time. Not sure why or what happened but they became a standing joke. They make the USPS look good, which is hard to do. I buy a LOT of stuff on line. I cringe every time I see something being delivered by FedEx, wondering if I am going to get the item. This is why I only pay by Credit Card for one. Most of the time they seem to find the item and get it to me. Few times they left ammo at another home on my street and since I could see them on camera I got it. Couple times I did just do a charge back as they never could find the item. One time they left a package at my house that when I looked up the address it was less than a mile away. So took one of the dogs for a walk and dropped it off.
Put in a claim, give them a chance, if they can't find it get your money back. Sellers get burned enough times they will just stop using them.

FedEx is the worst. Wife said they lost my birthday present last week. Gee, maybe I'll have to buy my own.

Last winter FedEx delivered 10 boxes about 12" cubed in size of something. They didn't ring the doorbell. I found them when I was leaving the house. Not our name or address on them. Wife called FedEx and an hour later the same driver came and picked them up.
Next day I see the FedEx truck stopping out front. Sure enough. Same driver dropping off same boxes! I opened the door and said, "Can't you read? Get these f***ers off my drive way!"

Where do they get these guys?

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews