JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I hope someone who works in FedEx could explain what is wrong with Auburn, WA FedEx facility? In the last months or so every of my packages (about a dozen of them) got delayed at that facility. Every package arrived on time to the Auburn facility, an then stayed there for few days. Something systematic is going on there. I understand that we have horrible shipping issues lately, but I do not understand how it takes FedEx few days to move packages few miles. Some packages took shorter time to move from KS to Auburn, WA than from Auburn, WA to Seattle. That is some horrible management.

I hope someone who works in FedEx could explain what is wrong with Auburn, WA FedEx facility? In the last months or so every of my packages (about a dozen of them) got delayed at that facility. Every package arrived on time to the Auburn facility, an then stayed there for few days. Something systematic is going on there. I understand that we have horrible shipping issues lately, but I do not understand how it takes FedEx few days to move packages few miles. Some packages took shorter time to move from KS to Auburn, WA than from Auburn, WA to Seattle. That is some horrible management.
I would think it is easier to move a full semi trailer of stuff to a distribution hub with 1 driver than it is to actually load up tons of smaller trucks with many drivers, each that have to prove their vax status, and shuttle boxes all over town, 1 stop at a time. Just an educated guess.

I would think it is easier to move a full semi trailer of stuff to a distribution hub with 1 driver than it is to actually load up tons of smaller trucks with many drivers, each that have to prove their vax status, and shuttle boxes all over town, 1 stop at a time. Just an educated guess.
Could be.

This has happened to me with all 3 shippers, USPS, UPS and FedEx.

They can't find enough trucks and drivers to distribute. I have since lowered my expectations when having anything delivered. Happy when it's not broken or missing.

Fedex delivery routes are leased out from something i read somewhere. They are bid on by companies/drivers.

I work in the logistics and freight industry. It is a nightmare right now.
Fedex is about to have their lunch eaten by Amazon according to some things i have seen in the industry.
The logistics industry is fraught with troubles right now. Everything from a very shallow labor pool to these stifling mandates. A container coming from asia used to be up to $4k to ship it here, depending upon the commodity. It is now $15-18k. In some cases that is just to get it on board. I have heard some horror stories of folks having to pay an additional $10-12k to get it off the boat.
Then the delays at the ports are another story.

My best advice- dont ship anything with Fedex. They are the single worst carrier of all of them. Period.
Next piece of advice, stock up. It is going to get real painful in the next 12-24 months.

They've been short staffed for months, and whatever new hires they're getting still are on a learning curve. FedEx seems particularly bad compared to the others, and it's not unusual for them to miss by a week for me.

FedEx just delivered my AR9 kit early today, LOL. Not my normal experience lately though. A while back I wrote here that FedEx delivered a torn up, not even intact piece of cardboard that use to resemble a box, obviously empty, twice. The trainee brought it to my porch, realized it was nothing, returned to the truck where the driver/trainer made him deliver it again, LOL

One SIL was working at a local Fedex sort facility to augment his income. He said employee turnover was a problem, as was poor management. Working conditions were pretty poor. Some workers had difficulty in doing simple tasks. Absenteeism was very bad.

He recently got a job with the County, and is glad to get that behind him!

FedEx was for a long time the gold standard in common carrier shipping. Something happened to them a good while back. I have long done a lot of shopping on line and I always cringe when I see something coming to me by FedEx. 99% of the time if there is a problem caused by the shipper it's them. They make the USPS shine which is REALLY bad. Panic before this latest I was weekly buying ammo from a place that used FedEx. I lost track of how many times the package was said delivered and they had not delivered it to me. The camera system outside was a must have for this. Every time they would screw up it would start with them saying maybe the driver left it at the back door and such. It was great to be able to say either your truck was never on my street, or your truck drove by here and never stopped. Many packages just never were found and shipper had to replace. I have noticed VERY little Amazon stuff comes FedEx any more. I guess they got tired of having to replace stuff to me FedEx lost

My last package (Boyds stock) arrived to Auburn this Monday and as of this morning it is still there and delivery is still PENDING.

This has happened to me with all 3 shippers, USPS, UPS and FedEx.

They can't find enough trucks and drivers to distribute. I have since lowered my expectations when having anything delivered. Happy when it's not broken or missing.
After waiting for a month to get a delivery from Amazon. I cancelled the purchase yesterday.

Nope.....I'm not interested in their excuses or the Brandon excuse. Or....maybe even if the seller's company was a SCAM to begin with.

Anyway.....my CC has been made whole again.

Aloha, Mark

I work for a railroad that serves the western US. I've been with them for 23 years. Three years ago they implemented precision scheduled railroading and laid off 20,000 workers, closed maintenance facilities and yards. They started denying shippers and only wanted "premium" port to port customers who moved train loads of goods. They parked locomotives as they broke and then stripped them for parts. It all turned into a make as much profit as you can right now scheme driven by Blackrock investments controlling interest in the company. They sold tooling and equipment at pennies on the dollar. Now they are trying to build back up, but the best people who were laid off are not returning. It seems that the wages have not kept up with the sacrifices people had to make and the way the company has treated them. The company struggles to get parts to keep locomotives, rolling stock, signals and track working because of supply chain problems. Yard managers have walked in, turned in their keys and left. Now we have a vaccine mandate coming down to people who have been treated badly and had to carry the extra load for three years. 52% still haven't registered their vaccine status. Every employee I work with has at least 15 years and we've lost four people in the last month and a half out of maybe 30 left in the whole work group. The unions won't fight for us because they're on Biden and big businesses side. People are fed up. People remember how you treat them and are choosing to abandon their retirement benefits in hopes of a better life outside the company. I will be leaving once the mandate goes into affect in January, along with seven others. Will the railroad replace us? I'm guessing yes but new employees have to be trained which takes time, money and a training program that yep, you guessed it got gutted with everything else. It takes years to get a person on the outside trained to be able to do my job competently. Constant turnover will be the new norm. Upper management is either completely oblivious to the situation or completely incompetent. They keep giving each other rewards when they're failing. Our HR Exec got female railroader of the year! It's only going to get worse I'm afraid! It's a unique set of circumstances these days and there isn't one single thing that will fix it. Until the executive elites realize that the people who actually do the work make the money this will not change.

I work for a railroad that serves the western US. I've been with them for 23 years. Three years ago they implemented precision scheduled railroading and laid off 20,000 workers, closed maintenance facilities and yards. They started denying shippers and only wanted "premium" port to port customers who moved train loads of goods. They parked locomotives as they broke and then stripped them for parts. It all turned into a make as much profit as you can right now scheme driven by Blackrock investments controlling interest in the company. They sold tooling and equipment at pennies on the dollar. Now they are trying to build back up, but the best people who were laid off are not returning. It seems that the wages have not kept up with the sacrifices people had to make and the way the company has treated them. The company struggles to get parts to keep locomotives, rolling stock, signals and track working because of supply chain problems. Yard managers have walked in, turned in their keys and left. Now we have a vaccine mandate coming down to people who have been treated badly and had to carry the extra load for three years. 52% still haven't registered their vaccine status. Every employee I work with has at least 15 years and we've lost four people in the last month and a half out of maybe 30 left in the whole work group. The unions won't fight for us because they're on Biden and big businesses side. People are fed up. People remember how you treat them and are choosing to abandon their retirement benefits in hopes of a better life outside the company. I will be leaving once the mandate goes into affect in January, along with seven others. Will the railroad replace us? I'm guessing yes but new employees have to be trained which takes time, money and a training program that yep, you guessed it got gutted with everything else. It takes years to get a person on the outside trained to be able to do my job competently. Constant turnover will be the new norm. Upper management is either completely oblivious to the situation or completely incompetent. They keep giving each other rewards when they're failing. Our HR Exec got female railroader of the year! It's only going to get worse I'm afraid! It's a unique set of circumstances these days and there isn't one single thing that will fix it. Until the executive elites realize that the people who actually do the work make the money this will not change.
Let me guess, Uncle Pete's Rabbit Ranch, commonly known as Union Pacific.

I worked for them 30+ years and got disabled in 2001. I remember when they told the farmers in the Heppner area that they were closing the lines and if they wanted to ship on the RR to truck it to the railhead.

Surprise surprise, the farmer trucked it to Portland and other distribution areas.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top