JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"The silliest one of all? Its a felony to "jailbreak" your smart phone Fine is up to $500,000 and 5 years in prison."

Splain this please... Is that playin AC/DC's version of "Jailbreak" while visiting someone in captivity?....

What I don't understand is WHY they give violent offenders 3 STRIKES?
If one of them felons are let out of prison early "for good behavior" after their 2nd strike and then re-offends I would think that whom ever let the criminal out should be charged with a crime!!! Along with the A-hole who thought up this asinine rule!!!

Last Edited:
I find this very hard to believe.
We are no safer than before. Statistics can always be skewed to fit an agenda.
Those who want power (both right and left) are best served by a situation where the populace thinks the government's job is to protect them (physically, financially, etc.) even at the cost of their rights, while still keeping them scared of supposed threats.

I can see kids these days and young adults are more violent and have less regard for others as they become desensitized to a conscience. As families have become non-existent and wholesome values are a thing of the past people become less and less concerned with the welfare of others.

There is depth, and breadth to violence - i.e., the severity of the violence in any given crime vs. the number of violent crimes, or to put it yet another way, the "quality" vs. the quantity.

Sure violent crimes may be more severe, but the number of violent crimes is reportedly less. It is hard to quantify severity of crime, to put a weight on it, and I don't think anybody collects the data necessary to do so.

Why do I feel a whole lot LESS SAFE these days than I did 10 years ago??:confused:o_O
Because it is to the benefit of the government for you to feel that way, and it is the job of any media (not just mainstream) to help in that regard, plus anything that generates someone reading or listening to the media helps the media. Good news does not generate readership or listeners, only scary bad news does. Voila! Bad news is sought out, found and printed.

It's been this way for decades.

I remember when I was in the USCG and I was the duty officer, so I was passed a call from a newspaper or TV station (I forget which, it was 30 years ago). I passed it on to the exec (we had strict policies even then about who got to talk to the media), but I listened in to learn how to handle them. They asked if anything exciting had happened that day and the exec filled them in on several good rescues we made.

Their response?

If nobody died or drowned or was at least seriously injured, they weren't interested.

Media always goes with the bad news.

And we feed off it. It is rare that people want to hear the good news.

What ever happened to younger generations questioning authority?

The FBI can't locate their own @sses with both hands. And the Emperor dictates how they spin their "findings" in order to make voters in scarves and skinny jeans all congratulate each other for creating a better world where common people just don't need guns to entertain, feed or defend themselves.

Last Edited:
141209_Charts-Homicide-Rates-US-England.jpg

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...easingly_peaceful.html?wpsrc=sh_all_dt_tw_top

View attachment 120401
/QUOTE]

I am more concerned about being un-provokingly assaulted, beaten, maimed, hurt, etc. than being "homicided".

If the situation is so red that I am concerned about being KILT, I take it upon myself to be prepared to handle that situation.

I don't know if that makes sense, but I'm not into writing a 5 paragraph explanation right now (probably never)
:D

I am more concerned about being un-provokingly assaulted, beaten, maimed, hurt, etc. than being "homicided".

If the situation is so red that I am concerned about being KILT, I take it upon myself to be prepared to handle that situation.

I don't know if that makes sense, but I'm not into writing a 5 paragraph explanation right now (probably never)
:D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads