JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The final shootout scene in 'Winchester 73' with Jimmy Stewart is a classic - very 'gritty' and real looking since it was 1950 and they were actually climbing around on the rock outcroppings - no special effects!

Probably the end of Big Jake.
Or Doc Holiday with his cup in Tombstone, although it wasn't a real "shoot out"...

No, on second thought, after seeing Bruce Dern shoot John Wayne in the back in the movie The Cowboys, no revenge was ever better than the boys taking the cattle back near the end.
I was their age when the movie came out and lived in cattle country. It was "close to home".
Big Jake is a top 3 Wayne Movie

There are a lot of good ones mentioned for sure. I like the "Yo homey" scene from Collateral with Tom Cruise. Short and sweet, nice draw. Still I have to rank HEAT pretty high. I especially like the last scene when the Pacino character draws a bead on the Tom Sizemore character, running @ him from 20-30 yards. He shoulders the rifle, does that little shoulder shrug adjustment and gets his sight picture. You can see him tracking with the rifle ... head shot, lights out.

Heat is by far one of my favorites, and special to me because I grew up in Los Angeles and have been through those very streets where that scene was filmed many many times.
Micheal Mann is also one of my favorite directors when it comes to technical realism. No ever lasting magazines or bodies flying back when they're hit. None of the cheesy crap one is used to seeing in most movies. Its all good for pure entertainment value, but for realism, Micheal Mann is all over it.

There are a lot of good ones mentioned for sure. I like the "Yo homey" scene from Collateral with Tom Cruise. Short and sweet, nice draw. Still I have to rank HEAT pretty high. I especially like the last scene when the Pacino character draws a bead on the Tom Sizemore character, running @ him from 20-30 yards. He shoulders the rifle, does that little shoulder shrug adjustment and gets his sight picture. You can see him tracking with the rifle ... head shot, lights out.
Absolutely. Two films directed by Micheal Mann. He's great for technical realism.

Black Hawk Down and Red Dawn (the old one) for me.

"Hey hoot...why do you do it man....you some kind of war junkie or something?"

"all that hate is gonna burn you up kid"
"--it keeps me warm"

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR